GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

wjag

7:00PM

Never thought to start a GDT before, so why the heck not..

Buffalo plays the second of two in two nights with travel to the homestanding Bruins (did that for a few of you Joe B fans). The Bruins finish their three game home stand with the Sabres. They are rested and on a roll after beating the Stars and Leafs.

The Sabres gave up an early OT winner to Atlanta after Roy got called for a questionable OT penalty... Thomas has been a hot goalie over the last five games with two shutouts and four wins.

Buffalo needs to withstand the inevitable first period charge of a rested team playing a team who played the night before and traveled.

Buffalo is healthy for the first time in a long time. Sure feels like a La.. La.. La.. Lalime game...

Rebound game at the Bruins expense... Come on Sabres, save part of the Buffalo sports fans weekend against Boston...

I challenge you on the "questionable" OT penalty by Roy - looked pretty clear cut to me. Plus, throw in the fact Roy continues to get ZERO benefit of the doubt due to his penchant for embellishing and always looking for a call, it makes sense that he would get the book thrown at him.

I will say, however, he got worked over pretty well last night, as well as the mugging Max sustained in the corner.

We'll see about tonight - we need a simple, smart game in which we stick to our system, something we did not do last night.

I challenge you on the "questionable" OT penalty by Roy - looked pretty clear cut to me. Plus, throw in the fact Roy continues to get ZERO benefit of the doubt due to his penchant for embellishing and always looking for a call, it makes sense that he would get the book thrown at him.

I will say, however, he got worked over pretty well last night, as well as the mugging Max sustained in the corner.

We'll see about tonight - we need a simple, smart game in which we stick to our system, something we did not do last night.

If it's the same two players but Roy got tripped, he gets called for diving...BS. Still a great game last night despite the loss. Hope tonight is the same. I've already been more entertained the past three weeks than all of last year.

I don't know how much you want to believe someone who can't post under the real identity, but "Garth" is reporting that Miller gets the start tonight.

http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?blogger_id=6

No source? Of course not.

I see he has a pet nickname for Vanek too! What's that smell? Mmmmmm jock strap. A north facing slope if I'm not mistaken.

Ruff has put himself in the strange spot of either playing Lalime and having people wonder why he's started his backup in consecutive divisional games or playing Miller and having people wonder if he's losing control of his plan to not overwork Miller. (And a loss tonight would be the Sabres' sixth in 10 games and put the team closer to that slow start Ruff wanted to avoid. Will he be tempted to play Miller a lot more than he wanted over the coming holidays?)

Yes, I'm people.

I know.. I have him on my fantasy roster...

So does a friend of mine. Wish I picked him up. Osgood has had his name changed to Osbad and Kiprusoff is ripping me off.

No source? Of course not.

I see he has a pet nickname for Vanek too! What's that smell? Mmmmmm jock strap. A north facing slope if I'm not mistaken.

Ruff has put himself in the strange spot of either playing Lalime and having people wonder why he's started his backup in consecutive divisional games or playing Miller and having people wonder if he's losing control of his plan to not overwork Miller. (And a loss tonight would be the Sabres' sixth in 10 games and put the team closer to that slow start Ruff wanted to avoid. Will he be tempted to play Miller a lot more than he wanted over the coming holidays?)

Yes, I'm people.

It's weird when you say six losses in the last 10. I still have a hard time calling an OT or SO loss an actual loss since we still get a point.

I don't see why playing Miller tonight would be "overworking" him. I would find it perfectly acceptable to start Miller tonight against divisional opponent Boston and then start Lalime on Wednesday against St. Louis

After giving Lalime three starts in the first nine games, do you think Miller playing in five straight would be a little out of wack?

If it's the same two players but Roy got tripped, he gets called for diving...BS. Still a great game last night despite the loss. Hope tonight is the same. I've already been more entertained the past three weeks than all of last year.

entertaining? yes.... a great game? I don't think so - giving up 3 one goal leads, giving up 5 to the Trash, poor goaltending......not my idea of a great game IMO. I'd have to respectfully disagree.....

Okay fair enough.. I only saw it once and have a very strong bias against calling anything but the most flagrant penaties in OT. With 4 on 3 to begin with, the price is too great.

OK, has anyone else noticed the Rick Martin-like wrist shot the 5-year old rips at the end of the Blue Cross commercial after he (or she) can barely control the puck most of the way down the ice? I am exaggerating, yes, but little kids that age do not elevate the puck like that on the move ....

Archived