GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

wjag

Sweet goal by Connolly and Pominville.

Still, I'm very surprised by making Paille the healthy scratch for Stafford. Paille fits really well on that line with Gaustad and Kaleta. While I like Kaleta a lot, I think the fair thing might be to scratch Kaleta in favor of Stafford so that line is Paille-Gaustad-Stafford, a line with speed, muscle, defense, checking, and scoring. A well balanced two-way line. But, I'm not sure I think Paille has done anything to deserve to be a healthy scratch.

Slacker :rolleyes:

I just gave a "Hi" to Larry Quinn in the Suites last night. He actually stopped for a second and talked, well, like 30 seconds. He's alright. I asked him if he was going to re-sign Timbo and he walked away.

You didn't call him "The Skill" when you talked to Larry? Booooooo!!! :thumbdown:

Miller is giving up some BIG rebounds again tonight... That's at least three this period...

He seems to be fighting the puck. You could tell by his face after the period he's disgusted with himself. On a side note, who is Rick to say Miller "never saw the puck." That always cracks me up. He never says it about the opposing goalie.

What game are you watching?

I was watching the score on Yahoo... They are seriously hosed...

They show these goals:

Toronto 0:44, Nik Antropov 5 (unassisted)

Toronto 0:48, Matt Stajan 4 (unassisted)

Toronto 4:58, Alexander Steen 3 (unassisted)

Toronto 5:12, Ian White 2 (unassisted)

Toronto 8:12, Niklas Hagman 5 (power play) (Mikhail Grabovski, Jeff Finger)

But NHL.com has it 1-0...

EDIT:

NHL.com box score shows the same goals and the game being 1-0... So they have a 1-0 box and five Leafs goals too.. Weird...

Edit again:

They've got it fixed... 1-0 now.. Much better for my team....

OK, has anyone else noticed the Rick Martin-like wrist shot the 5-year old rips at the end of the Blue Cross commercial after he (or she) can barely control the puck most of the way down the ice? I am exaggerating, yes, but little kids that age do not elevate the puck like that on the move ....

:)

And the dad is that typical jackhole living through his kids who ruins youth sports. His big thrill is seeing his kid "beat the champions." Isn't it enough he's watching his kid play, period?

Thank you BTP.

Another commercial that bugs me is one for Carruba I think where Rick Jeanneret is the spokesman. They show Schoenfeld knocking Cashman through the Zamboni door and I guess they want us to believe the play by play voice is Rick's -- "Schoenfeld raps him right through the door!" But it's not Jeanneret! It's the Boston guy. Fred Cusick I believe.

They show these goals:

EDIT:

NHL.com box score shows the same goals and the game being 1-0... So they have a 1-0 box and five Leafs goals too.. Weird...

Edit again:

Ok I'm watching on NHL Network. Still 1-0.

They show these goals:

EDIT:

Edit again:

Perhaps it is the penalty timeline? <_<

Miller is clueless right now.

yahoo is clueless all the time. night after night, they can't get their box scores right, and for those of us who have no other way of following the games are left wondering what the heck could be so difficult about updating them.

Archived