GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

wjag

yahoo is clueless all the time. night after night, they can't get their box scores right, and for those of us who have no other way of following the games are left wondering what the heck could be so difficult about updating them.

I've never had problems with Yahoo until tonight. Now it's taking forever to update - I swear it went from 1-1 to 3-1 in one refresh, even though the goals were five minutes apart in the game....

That was brutal to watch.. preview for the Bills-Pats game..

Why the heck is Peters sitting in THIS game. He needs to be out there putting a body on Lucic... This is a free-for-all on the Sabres...

That was brutal to watch.. preview for the Bills-Pats game..

Why the heck is Peters sitting in THIS game. He needs to be out there putting a body on Lucic... This is a free-for-all on the Sabres...

Hate to say it....but actually watching the Bills/Pats game tomorrow may be even more brutal.

Sabres getting way too cute around the Boston net. Roy and Pominville both passed up clean shots for pretty passes, trying for the slam dunk goal.

I love Tallinder bailing out on a chase for the puck with Lucic bearing down on him!

Miller's being Miller again. Despite the two shutouts in a row, I still say he hasn't been the same since scoring into his own goal.

These refs must have hot dates after the game. I wonder if they're dating?

We need to score first in this one.

I was not impressed with some of the goals Miller allowed last night. Part of me says play him again to get his game back on track right away, the other says give him the night off.

Good thing both these happened tonight. :P

Pretty pathetic showing by the boys tonight.

F Boston.

Agreed, but they outplayed us in every position tonight. Miller had a strong 3rd period, but it comes a day late and a dollar short. Boston was more physical, controlled the puck for the majority of the game, and got a solid performance from Fernandez. Buffalo deserved this loss.

Stafford remains invisible. Thanks for sitting Paille, a physical presence who's actually been working his ass off all year. Good choice.

Agreed, but they outplayed us in every position tonight. Miller had a strong 3rd period, but it comes a day late and a dollar short. Boston was more physical, controlled the puck for the majority of the game, and got a solid performance from Fernandez. Buffalo deserved this loss.

Stafford remains invisible. Thanks for sitting Paille, a physical presence who's actually been working his ass off all year. Good choice.

I can't dispute anything here. Roy has got to shoot the puck more. He gave up way to many shots for a bad pass. Max was Max and I'm really tired of him.

I'm hoping Lindy puts them through some bag skates. Not a very good game. Scratching Paille was a mistake in my opinion. Miller has been having a tough time with his rebound control the last two games and it's resulted in goals against. The Bruins outworked, outhit and outhustled the Sabres tonight. They were everywhere and the Sabres did not respond at all to the physical play of the Bruins. A frustrating game and loss for the Sabres. The Sabres have again reverted to some of this river hockey and the defense isn't coming back and supporting and I think it was a big part of the 3 goals against. They played a better third period, but they need to play like that the whole game.

Well, another long break before the St. Louis game. I'm hoping they clean up their act by then and play a solid, defensive game. Stafford or Kaleta should be the scratches for Wednesday. We need Paille's speed and effort. I don't care if he doesn't show up on the score sheet, but his effort, speed, and hits really help this team more than it hurts. Paille also plays on the PK, which neither Kaleta nor Stafford do. By taking out Paille you eliminate one of our best PKers. He shouldn't be scratched in my opinion. If I'm Lindy, here are my lines for Wednesday

Vanek-Roy-Kotalik (Stafford)

MacArthur-Hecht-Pominville

Max-Connolly-Stafford (Kotalik)

Paille-Gaustad-Mair

I'd rather see a better center playing with Max than Mair. Not that Mair has not been playing well, but I'd like more production out of that line and play Connolly there instead of Mair. Just my opinion.

Archived