[OT] Gas Prices

FogBat

• 2 weeks later...
Gas Buddy

Just punch the zip code in or use this map (use the zoom onto your area, and keep zooming in for a detailed map).

Good to save for reference. Gotta love New York State :wallbash:

I'm sure you would love to be in Newton, IA right now. I just drove by there earlier today. $1.69/gal.

I haven't seen those prices in 4 years. Enjoy it while you can!

American car companies are now asking for a bail out, even though they manage to lose billions per year. Our country is crumbling at a dramatic rate. The projection of the U.S. no longer being the super power is 2020, but you have to think it'll be much sooner than that. I know when this happens our way of life will be much different w/ the negatives out weighing the positives, but I'll be happy w/ the thought the world will no longer having to depend on the U.S. I'm sick of how our country is responsible for providing the most economic aid for countries of need. I'm sick of how our country is responsible for handling crisis after crisis. (Yes, I know our government handles those situations when they feel the U.S. will benefit, but a lot of the time our government is wrong.)

The reason the U.S. is slowly on it's downward spiral is the fact our government has shown little care for domestic issues. The U.S. once had a great middle class society. The middle class is shrinking as I type this post. The U.S. had its time at the top and it is quickly coming to an end. Our government has caused our country to be fubar.

American car companies are now asking for a bail out, even though they manage to lose billions per year. Our country is crumbling at a dramatic rate. The projection of the U.S. no longer being the super power is 2020, but you have to think it'll be much sooner than that. I know when this happens our way of life will be much different w/ the negatives out weighing the positives, but I'll be happy w/ the thought the world will no longer having to depend on the U.S. I'm sick of how our country is responsible for providing the most economic aid for countries of need. I'm sick of how our country is responsible for handling crisis after crisis. (Yes, I know our government handles those situations when they feel the U.S. will benefit, but a lot of the time our government is wrong.)

The reason the U.S. is slowly on it's downward spiral is the fact our government has shown little care for domestic issues. The U.S. once had a great middle class society. The middle class is shrinking as I type this post. The U.S. had its time at the top and it is quickly coming to an end. Our government has caused our country to be fubar.

Bingo friend. Bingo.

F everone else. It's time to take care of our OWN needs.

Last week when GM CEO Waggoner was doing interviews and expressing panic if GM files, that all local markets will close dealerships and supply chains, etc. I was thinking to myself 3-4 years ago when all the Ford dealerships started boarding up.

Side note- linky About the government and these bank buyouts;

On Friday, hours after PNC Financial received approval for $7.7 billion in buyout money, the bank acquired National City for a reported $5.58 billion. :blink: WTF!?!

In Lehman terms, National City was denied assistance three days before getting gobbled by a larger fish. So basically, the taxpayers funded PNC $7.7 (bailout money) to buy a smaller bank and nearly double its size. Unbelievable!

I hear the sound of thousands of Chrysler Jeep and Dodge owners punching themselves in the face after going with the $2.99 a gallon - gas purchase program

Do you mean for the gas prices or for buying a Chrysler? ;)

Side note- linky About the government and these bank buyouts;

On Friday, hours after PNC Financial received approval for $7.7 billion in buyout money, the bank acquired National City for a reported $5.58 billion. :blink: WTF!?!

In Lehman terms, National City was denied assistance three days before getting gobbled by a larger fish. So basically, the taxpayers funded PNC $7.7 (bailout money) to buy a smaller bank and nearly double its size. Unbelievable!

Yeah but..... what most do not know is that the federal Government twisted PNC's arm to do the buyout with the bailout help promised(insider knowledge) and are looking for them to set the model on how this should be handled for any other's going forward.....

Yeah but..... what most do not know is that the federal Government twisted PNC's arm to do the buyout with the bailout help promised(insider knowledge) and are looking for them to set the model on how this should be handled for any other's going forward.....

FWIW, the government now owns some of that bank. And it's stock went up 5% after the buy-up. Glad to hear they aren't buying up bad debt with the bailout money.

$2.39 / gal in Las Vegas.

Seriously, what is up with these price fluxuations?? I can't figure this crap out. Is it a conspiracy? Do they (whoever they are) raise prices when the next war bill comes in from Iraq? Everyone will say supply and demand, but c'mon, we use the same amount of oil if not more everyday. How can it go from $4.50 down to $1.87 so quick. The middle man is getting screwed I just can't figure it out.

So, enjoy the price break for now, I'm guessing.

Seriously, what is up with these price fluxuations?? I can't figure this crap out. Is it a conspiracy? Do they (whoever they are) raise prices when the next war bill comes in from Iraq? Everyone will say supply and demand, but c'mon, we use the same amount of oil if not more everyday. How can it go from $4.50 down to $1.87 so quick. The middle man is getting screwed I just can't figure it out.

Save gas, fart in a jar!

global demand for oil has fallen hard and fast, and with other economies tanking just as bad as the US, oil is not being bought up as a hedge against the US Dollar, which happens when the dollar is weak---both of these situations lead to falling prices, and with how fast they have been dropping($56 a bbl today), gas has finally gotten to the level it should be at based on its prices earlier in the summer. It appears like there is no end in sight as of right now, every time you turn around, more and more companies are coming out with bleak financial data, laying off people, or saying they could go bankrupt within the next year(GM/Ford). This could be the worst global financial meltdown in history, and its a scary time to be alive financially for sure....

On a side note, Buffalo now has the highest gas prices in the continental US, according to AAA, and no one has a good answer as to why it's so much higher than the national average, and higher than surrounding areas.

LINK

LINK 2

BTW, 1.83 here just south of Cleveland.

Archived