[OT] Gas Prices

FogBat

$2.39 / gal in Las Vegas.

Seriously, what is up with these price fluctuations?? I can't figure this crap out. Is it a conspiracy? Do they (whoever they are) raise prices when the next war bill comes in from Iraq? Everyone will say supply and demand, but c'mon, we use the same amount of oil if not more everyday. How can it go from $4.50 down to $1.87 so quick. The middle man is getting screwed I just can't figure it out.

So, enjoy the price break for now, I'm guessing.

There are some things you have to consider. Municipalities and states have certain set rates for fuel taxes per gallon. In NYS, you pay 38.6 cents per gallon for gas but only 17.3 in Georgia. (However, you obviously pay less for gas on Indian reservations, and Albany has been fuming over this as long as I can remember since many non-indigenous people like to fill up there due to much cheaper gas prices. Last time I checked, the First Nations don't have to collect any taxes on such things as fuel and tobacco products.)

Furthermore, the fuel tankers - which run on diesel - have to be compensated somehow. The further they have to drive to deliver fuel, the more it costs. Miami, FL is an excellent example of this, and so is Alaska.

There is a good chart HERE (scroll down to download) that shows a map of the country with combined federal, state and local taxes (per gallon) per state. NYS is not the highest - it's in the top three, but California and Illinois have higher combined fuel tax rates.

will some of you people please stop posting crazy low gas prices?? please? yea thanks you lol

seriously the gas here is still 2.50ish... so if you're paying under $2 bucks, just lie and say something like "man, it's $2.44 here"

:worthy: el_Polako thanks you

will some of you people please stop posting crazy low gas prices?? please? yea thanks you lol

seriously the gas here is still 2.50ish... so if you're paying under $2 bucks, just lie and say something like "man, it's $2.44 here"

Sorry if I offend you, but it's not our fault that you live in a part of the country where gas prices are still egregiously high.

It could be worse. You could be paying 3.50-4.00 up in Canada or $7-8 in some parts of Europe.

Take your pick.

I'm sorry el but I just gotta...

$1.78 in Ashland Ohio tonight.

I'm sure you would love to be in Newton, IA right now. I just drove by there earlier today. $1.69/gal.

I haven't seen those prices in 4 years. Enjoy it while you can!

Just passed by the same truck stop. 1.67 for gas and 2.69 for diesel.

Oooooooh Yeeeeaaaaaah. cheeka-cheeka.

Archived