Tallinder injured

nfreeman

Well, it didn't take long, did it?

Sabres D Henrik Tallinder suffered a lower back injury in the first period and did not return

Linkage.

Jeez. 2 of our top 6 down and it's only been 8 games.

I know plenty of posters will view this favorably, since it (probably) means we'll see Weber, and I want to see what he can do too, but still. It's never a good thing to lose a top-6 defenseman to injury. And with Tallinder you know it's not going to be just a game or 2.

Weird, Lindy said it was a deep cut just above the ankle. That's a really lower back injury.

Edit: who needs a sixth defenseman; just keep Sekera out there. He ended with 30:44 of TOI tonight.

Edit2: I just re-watched his last shift at the end of the first and he took a hard hit in the corner from Sakic. He stayed on the ice for another 20 seconds or so, and even legged it out of the zone, but he was definitely hobbling a bit the whole time.

Well, it didn't take long, did it?

Linkage.

Jeez. 2 of our top 6 down and it's only been 8 games.

I know plenty of posters will view this favorably, since it (probably) means we'll see Weber, and I want to see what he can do too, but still. It's never a good thing to lose a top-6 defenseman to injury. And with Tallinder you know it's not going to be just a game or 2.

Who knew that Tallider was Swedish for Connolly? :blink: Maybe his complete fear of contact is justified.

[/b]

Who knew that Tallider was Swedish for Connolly? :blink: Maybe his complete fear of contact is justified.

It would appear so, since everytime someone touches him, he breaks something.

I can definitely live with Hank being out though, especially since it means we're more than likely going to see Weber.

As long as Rivet comes back on schedule, this doesn't have to be a setback.

Did anyone really expect him not to miss 30+ games this year with various broken bones?

If I had to guess, I would imagine Tallinder's out for about 4-5 games. Don't know the severity and if this was anything like what happened to Gaustad 2 seasons ago, but I assume not. Given that, I figure Hank's out 4-5 games to completely heal. But, I am excited to see Weber playing the next few games. So here are my predictions of the defense pairings going into the Ottawa game:

Spacek-Sekera

Lydman-Weber

Teppo-Paetsch

This seems most likely as if all you did was substitute Paetsch for Tallinder, these were the d pairings against Boston for the last game of the season last year. I would not be surprised if Lindy put Sekera and Weber together, but given how well Sekera and Spacek have played together, I don't think you can split them up right now. Just my prediction. Looking forward to Monday's game as I hate the Sens.

Talinder wins the game on Friday and he's under the bus for getting stepped on two days later.

:) The need for a whipping boy around here is a constant.

I know, it's unbelievable sometimes. I don't think anyone on our backend has played badly yet - and still, someone needs to take the whip.

I think the whipping boy isn't one person. It's the worry of having tallydmen perform the same way they did last year. I'll talk em if they can be what they used to be (2 years ago). last year and this year, don't care who they are with, they need to be split up.

He's shown more in 1/4 of a season than Wilson did in a career.

Not sure about that. I recall Mike Wilson was chosen as one of three Sabres to skate on Aud ice after the last game. He must have been very highly regarded at that point, just like Mike Weber.

Talinder wins the game on Friday and he's under the bus for getting stepped on two days later.

Thanks for saying what I was thinking... People aren't happy without a whipping boy...

wow, this thread is crazy. People wishing Henrik Tallinder is out? LOL come on, you're kidding right? People wished Lydman would never play again and he's proved many wrong. We have a solid defensive group here and Tallinder has been one of the major pluses on defense. Him and Rivet has been nearly perfect. I understand people want Mike Weber up badly, but he can wait. I'd rather have ANY of the current top 6 d-men (with Rivet, not Paetsch) over Weber at this given time.

Hopefully Tallinder is ok and from the sounds of it, he'll be fine. So i'm not worried about it at all. I just don't understand some people.

Not sure about that. I recall Mike Wilson was chosen as one of three Sabres to skate on Aud ice after the last game. He must have been very highly regarded at that point, just like Mike Weber.

The only thing good about Wilson was the player we received in his trade...

I really want to see Sekera and Weber back together.

I don't think that will happen this year, at least not early on. Sekera is pulling top-pair TOI along with Spacek. If Weber comes up, I'm sure that they will put each of the youngsters with a vet. So, either the pairings that SabresFan526 listed or:

Spacek-Sekera

Lydman-Paetsch

Teppo-Weber

Weird, Lindy said it was a deep cut just above the ankle. That's a really lower back injury.

Edit: who needs a sixth defenseman; just keep Sekera out there. He ended with 30:44 of TOI tonight.

Edit2: I just re-watched his last shift at the end of the first and he took a hard hit in the corner from Sakic. He stayed on the ice for another 20 seconds or so, and even legged it out of the zone, but he was definitely hobbling a bit the whole time.

Sekera is awesome!

wow, this thread is crazy. People wishing Henrik Tallinder is out? LOL come on, you're kidding right? People wished Lydman would never play again and he's proved many wrong. We have a solid defensive group here and Tallinder has been one of the major pluses on defense. Him and Rivet has been nearly perfect. I understand people want Mike Weber up badly, but he can wait. I'd rather have ANY of the current top 6 d-men (with Rivet, not Paetsch) over Weber at this given time.

Hopefully Tallinder is ok and from the sounds of it, he'll be fine. So i'm not worried about it at all. I just don't understand some people.

Tallinder's game this season leaves a lot to be desired. His play in the defensive zone has been erratic. I'm not sure if many would rate him higher than the Sabres sixth defensemen. Hopefully Weber will get in there and lock down his position once and for all.

Tallinder's game this season leaves a lot to be desired. His play in the defensive zone has been erratic. I'm not sure if many would rate him higher than the Sabres sixth defensemen. Hopefully Weber will get in there and lock down his position once and for all.

I think Tallinder has been #6 in both quality of play and in ice time. However, I also think Rivet has been good for him and he's played substantially better than last year.

I'd be very surprised if Weber took his job though.

Archived