Tallinder injured

nfreeman

I think Tallinder has been #6 in both quality of play and in ice time. However, I also think Rivet has been good for him and he's played substantially better than last year.

I'd be very surprised if Weber took his job though.

I know, it's more wishful thinking on my part. I just wish contracts didn't get in the way of younger players cracking the lineup. Like Connolly and Max, Tallinder will have a job because of his contract until the contract expires or the Sabres can find someone to take the contract off their hands. Which I fear is unlikely.

Speaking of Weber, has anyone been able to confirm that he has been called up? I haven't heard anything official.

In Lindy's audio spot from this morning, he said that Hank was having a little trouble skating, but when asked if Weber is on his way, he said that he didn't know yet. :blink:

Talinder wins the game on Friday and he's under the bus for getting stepped on two days later.

:) The need for a whipping boy around here is a constant.

Seriously. We're now up to 6 whipping boys, guys who can do no right in the eyes of many SS patrons:

Tallinder

Lydman

Connolly

Afinogenov

Kotalik

Peters

The worst I've seen were the personal attacks in the Connolly thread, as if a history of concussions and chronic back pain were some sort of evidence of a weakness in character. The funniest I've seen are the complaints about Peters' fighting ability, as if the number of head punches delivered has some sort of direct correlation with our win-loss record. Our top D-men pair had a bad season last year (who on the team didn't?), and now they both need to be traded. I can't defend Afinogenov, but he was once an electrifying skater whose game mysteriously collapsed last year around the same time he broke up with that hot tennis star girlfriend of his. Kotalik gets accused of being inconsistent but is actually quite consistent in his role as a 20-goals-per-season second scoring line wing and OT shootout regular. Bear in mind that these one-sided criticisms are often from the same posters, for example, who wanted Spacek shipped back to Europe after the 06-07 season.

Archived