GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

Well, now's the first major case of adversity for the team. I think that they will be ok without Hecht. We know that General Macarthur can fill in with an expanded roll. Peters is actually playing decent 4th line hockey. Mair is a beast, and Ellis will be looking to impress tonight. Unless the league comes down with a last minute suspension for Rivet, the defense will be intact. The rangers have been playing good hockey, but so have the sabres. I think at buffalo comes out on top in a close, defensive, boring type of game.

Rangers 2-1. Sabres can't solve King Henrik.

The rangers back check so much better now and are so fast I don't believe the sabres will get many clean break outs tonight. What should show case fast paced up and down hockey will turn into the old NHL slow and boring to watch.

Rangers 2-1. Sabres can't solve King Henrik.

The rangers back check so much better now and are so fast I don't believe the sabres will get many clean break outs tonight. What should show case fast paced up and down hockey will turn into the old NHL slow and boring to watch.

Sabres played a slow and boring game against Montreal. The Sabres defense was very sound and gave the Habs few quality chances to score. I hope Buffalo uses the same style of play against the Rangers. I, too, think it will be a low scoring game. The Sabres just need to w/ stand the first 5 to 8 minutes of the game, because New York is going to come out on all cylinders.

I think MacArthur is going to play good tonight. Him and Paille, Pomminstein included, seemed to be on the same page when they had to play together. MacArthurs' goal was set up w/ a beautiful 1-2 that he started.

Inkman, if you had the chance to play for the team you loved as you grew up, wouldn't you want to play for them if you had the chance to? I hold nothing against Chris Drury. He's getting to live his dream. If I was a good player in the NHL, I'd do everything I could to make it to that team.

Sabres played a slow and boring game against Montreal. The Sabres defense was very sound and gave the Habs few quality chances to score. I hope Buffalo uses the same style of play against the Rangers. I, too, think it will be a low scoring game. The Sabres just need to w/ stand the first 5 to 8 minutes of the game, because New York is going to come out on all cylinders.

I think MacArthur is going to play good tonight. Him and Paille, Pomminstein included, seemed to be on the same page when they had to play together. MacArthurs' goal was set up w/ a beautiful 1-2 that he started.

Inkman, if you had the chance to play for the team you loved as you grew up, wouldn't you want to play for them if you had the chance to? I hold nothing against Chris Drury. He's getting to live his dream. If I was a good player in the NHL, I'd do everything I could to make it to that team.

I thought his dream was to win the little league world series/stanley cup/be a lifetime sabre/ect. I'm not mad at Drury, but isn't that what everyone has said when they sign with a new team?

I thought his dream was to win the little league world series/stanley cup/be a lifetime sabre/ect. I'm not mad at Drury, but isn't that what everyone has said when they sign with a new team?

I still believe in what Drury said.

I'm glad for him, but WTF didn't he tell Darcy he was going to leave the team?

All he needed to do was inform the Sabres that he wasn't coming back, they could have signed Briere or whomever and everybody lives happily ever after.

Anyone else going to the game tonight? I'm going and taking my son. Hopefully we'll see a better outcome than the Rangers-Sabres game I saw here last year, which was our 10th straight loss.

It will be a good test. The Rangers are playing very well. They are a very good defensive team. The Sabres are quite capable of beating them though.

Sabres, 3-1, in a nail-biter. Vanek gets the empty-netter to seal the deal.

Rangers 4-1.

Unless Miller stands on his head and steals a point or two. The Rangers are 5-0 and their top three of Drury-Gomez-Naslund have yet to really get going.

Three keys for a Sabre upset :

Miller

Staying out of the penalty box.

Playing ugly, clog up the neutral zone maybe even trapping all night.

Rangers 4-1.

Unless Miller stands on his head and steals a point or two. The Rangers are 5-0 and their top three of Drury-Gomez-Naslund have yet to really get going.

Three keys for a Sabre upset :

Miller

Staying out of the penalty box.

Playing ugly, clog up the neutral zone maybe even trapping all night.

Proof positive that the new NHL is dead..

The Sabres need this one more than the Rangers.

A physical 2-1 SO win finally gets them over Drury...

The score you predict is pretty much where I am on this one however I could see it going either way. It will need to play out/look just like the Montreal game if we are to have a chance. Goalies will be big on the few scoring chances we do see for both teams.

Time for Miller to show he is ready to be the man again this year. I like the idea of us getting over Drury and will go one farther and say he (Drury) gets stoned in the SO by miller and Vanek(Lindy's future best 2-way player) nets the winner for Bflo... looking forward to see how we measure up on what I think could be a preview of the Conference finals...

The new NHL was gone after the first season when Bobby Clarke got on tv and cried how its bad for hockey for the Flyers to not be in the playoffs. Half way into the next season the change was complete and Buffalo was behind the learning curve again.

The score you predict is pretty much where I am on this one however I could see it going either way. It will need to play out/look just like the Montreal game if we are to have a chance. Goalies will be big on the few scoring chances we do see for both teams.

Time for Miller to show he is ready to be the man again this year. I like the idea of us getting over Drury and will go one farther and say he (Drury) gets stoned in the SO by miller and Vanek(Lindy's future best 2-way player) nets the winner for Bflo... looking forward to see how we measure up on what I think could be a preview of the Conference finals...

So you could see a game between 2 teams go either way?

3-2 Sabres

27 days to go....

What's in 27 days?

As someone said in another thread last night, for the Sabres to win this game, they will need to work to the max, as the NYR are one of the hardest working teams in the league, the Sabres can't let the legs stop moving and they gotta go after the NYR and hope for a few PPs and capitalize on those. If the Sabres are to win though, Miller will need to be the star of the show. Like that dude said last night on this board, we're short handed and we just got to go to the Garden and try and steal one.

Archived