GDT - 10/2 - Buffalo at Columbus - 7 EDT

frisky

Definitely sounded like a much better effort tonight than the other games. I think Gerbe coulda taken on Nash. Gotta watchout for the little people. So far this preseason, I'm glad we've gotten ourselves a competent back-up goalie.

I was listening to the radio broadcast of the BJ's (oooh, that doesn't sound good) on the way home on XM. The color guy is brutal. Doesn't much do his homework. Calls Jochen...Johan. Says that Miller is a workhorse who like to play 65-75 games even more. And, one other that I don't remember. But, that was only in the second half of the first period. Luckily I got home to listen to streaming GR.

Definitely sounded like a much better effort tonight than the other games. I think Gerbe coulda taken on Nash. Gotta watchout for the little people. So far this preseason, I'm glad we've gotten ourselves a competent back-up goalie.

Maybe if he was drunk and his last name was O'Gerbe.

Love his heart tho. Team needs it all over the place. Ask teppo (was that stepping over the line?)

Maybe if he was drunk and his last name was O'Gerbe.

Love his heart tho. Team needs it all over the place. Ask teppo (was that stepping over the line?)

Yeah, it was, although not as bad as the previous avatar I had (and I admit that I was rightly called out for it).

I love YouTube:

Rivet/Picard fight:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Weber jumps Nash for running Lalime, then Stafford has a fight to the side (little Peter-esque at one point, but then he gets in some good ones):

type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Make sure you listen at 1:36! :lol:

I also love Rivet and am starting to slip into the "bench Lydman or Tallinder and start Weber" camp (but definitely not the "bench Numminen and start Weber" camp.) Bah, injuries will take care of that soon enough.

Carp, thanks for looking for and finding some videos. When i came online just now i was really hoping i'd find something. So sweet, i didn't even have to look. haha.

I really love what Stafford did in the 2nd video. It's hard not to cheer for the kid. I hope he gets it going with his offensive side as well, but it's a great sign seeing him back up his teammates like that. And i know majority of this thread is a huge man-love for Rivet, which should be, but can i say i'm really happy to have Patrick Lalime as backup? According to reports i've read of people there, and seeing him first hand against Montreal, he's actually outplayed Miller so far. No, i ain't hinting anything, i'm just saying he's a backup who will play more then many people expect. I think it could give us a huge boost and seeing him go after Rick Nash was great. Mike Weber is great, then #27 makes it a 2 on 1 battle and Lalime didn't even think about jumping in.

I think this team may score a bit less then many people expect, but with Rivet and Teppo, and soon Weber (he'll be a full-time Sabre by Christmas) i think we'll see a much improved defense and we'll be a much more physical team.

We're not winning many games in pre-season (ik we did tonight) but i am liking what Lindy is doing. Each interview i see is players saying we're working hard to improve play in our own end and so far in pre-season it's working well.

Oh, and that kid late in that video is hilarious! LOL "go back to Buffalo you retard" LOL

That kid was funny as heck. Where were the Buffalo fans to put him down? Last year at the Sharks game, we were watching as two Sabres fans a couple of sections over were getting into it with a 9 year old girl. That was entertaining. Of course, they were pretty drunk after double fisting beers for 3 periods.

Carp, thanks for looking for and finding some videos. When i came online just now i was really hoping i'd find something. So sweet, i didn't even have to look. haha.

I really love what Stafford did in the 2nd video. It's hard not to cheer for the kid. I hope he gets it going with his offensive side as well, but it's a great sign seeing him back up his teammates like that. And i know majority of this thread is a huge man-love for Rivet, which should be, but can i say i'm really happy to have Patrick Lalime as backup? According to reports i've read of people there, and seeing him first hand against Montreal, he's actually outplayed Miller so far. No, i ain't hinting anything, i'm just saying he's a backup who will play more then many people expect. I think it could give us a huge boost and seeing him go after Rick Nash was great. Mike Weber is great, then #27 makes it a 2 on 1 battle and Lalime didn't even think about jumping in.

I think this team may score a bit less then many people expect, but with Rivet and Teppo, and soon Weber (he'll be a full-time Sabre by Christmas) i think we'll see a much improved defense and we'll be a much more physical team.

We're not winning many games in pre-season (ik we did tonight) but i am liking what Lindy is doing. Each interview i see is players saying we're working hard to improve play in our own end and so far in pre-season it's working well.

Oh, and that kid late in that video is hilarious! LOL "go back to Buffalo you retard" LOL

I liked the majority of your post. :thumbsup:

Stafford can back his teammates, as you said, and I remember him doing it when Drury took that late hit prior to the Sabre/Senator riot. Stafford immediately went after Chris Neil. Correct me if I'm wrong on the name. I think with Rivet and players, such as Stafford, who can lay it down, there is NO NEED for Peters.

I liked the majority of your post. :thumbsup:

Stafford can back his teammates, as you said, and I remember him doing it when Drury took that late hit prior to the Sabre/Senator riot. Stafford immediately went after Chris Neil. Correct me if I'm wrong on the name. I think with Rivet and players, such as Stafford, who can lay it down, there is NO NEED for Peters.

Regardless of our other players, there was never a need for Peters. He is a fake fighter, not an enforcer in the true sense of the word.

Im voting for Weber to stay up and the best deal this summer was getting Rivet.

I'll second that. Weren't Weber and Sekera +10 points or more in the last portion of the season w/ the Sabres?

Rivet fighting is great and all, but I wish he could find some way of doing it and not having to follow that up with 5 minutes in the box.

While I agree having one of your better defenseman in the box for 5 or 10 minutes a game doesn't make sense, what it does is send the message. Word gets around the league and he'll hopefully be the "deterrent" to players running into/over Miller and LaLime in the long haul.

I'll admit I watch few other teams, I do see Buffalo's goalies being run into more than those teams I have watched. You don't see players bumping into the goalie with "Chara's" around.

PS: Stafford popped him nice a couple times right in the schnoz, sweet.

http://bluejackets.nhl.tv/team/console.jsp

Watch the Game Preview - October 2, 2008 video to see that Danny Gare has no idea what's going on in Buffalo any more (the reporter, too.)

(Edit) Another video from the same guy as the others:

I PM'd the guy to see if he had any videos of the Sabres' goals. Nice guy, HUGE Blue Jackets fan ("despite the fact that they don't do very well"), but didn't have any of our goals. I messaged him back to see if the "go back to Buffalo" kid is his. Told him that it was funny as hell.

:thumbsup: Nice game. Thanks to: Carp for great video's and Vanek-man for some good pictures. for game I couldn't watch.

I likey the theme; 'were going to battle this year for a playoff spot';

1.) Lindy's post game comments about the team demonstrating some toughness.

2.) 2 of our biggest D-man pusses from last year on the bench(Lydman, Tallinder) replaced by more toughness supplied by Weber and little surprise Butler.

3.) Rivet sending the message again in pre-season we take no $hit this year from anybody anytime.

4.) Forwards namely Stafford standing up for the boys

5.)Lalime getting up after getting run and going after the idiot that ran him, (I don't recall ever seeing Miller do that ofr himself).

6.) David and Goliath, Gerbe trying to take on Nash.

Some Observations;

1.)New guy Ellis gets 9 minutes first game (must have done okay to get that much time)

2.)Surprise Connolly scratched again.....

3.)Tim kennedy getting a fair amount of preseason games and ice time...

4.)Lalimes very strong play for 2 games in a row

What to look forward too;

Direct TV appointment tommorrow morning to replace my cable, NHL center ice package in place by afternoon, Detroit Sabres on NHL network Sunday for final preview tune-up of what I expect to be the starting line-up, Hockey begins... :worthy: ..

What to look forward too;

Direct TV appointment tommorrow morning to replace my cable, NHL center ice package in place by afternoon, Detroit Sabres on NHL network Sunday for final preview tune-up of what I expect to be the starting line-up, Hockey begins... :worthy: ..

I wish I could talk to my wife into that...

Way to make people feel jealous!! :cry:

(Just messing around w/ ya)

1.)New guy Ellis gets 9 minutes first game (must have done okay to get that much time)

Lindy mentioned that he (Ellis) hadn't skated since Saturday, so they didn't want to overload him. However, he did get some PK time, which I personally believe is one thing that they liked when the saw him. He averaged about 3:00 of SHTOI during 15 of the 19 games that he played with LA. If he can be decent on the fourth line and take up some of the PK slack, then he might be worth having on the roster as the 12th forward (last guy on the 4th line.) An Ellis-Mair-Kaleta (or Mair-Ellis-Kaleta, since he can also play center) line could be effective. He definitely seems like a Mair-type player and I liked his attitude in his interview.

While I agree having one of your better defenseman in the box for 5 or 10 minutes a game doesn't make sense, what it does is send the message. Word gets around the league and he'll hopefully be the "deterrent" to players running into/over Miller and LaLime in the long haul.

And it's a very important message. Fighting defensemen have always bugged me a bit though. It's so much easier to replace a forward who is in the box for 5 minutes as opposed to a defensemen, especially when it's a guy who should be one of our ice time eaters. I can get used to it though.

Archived