Aud demolition

LabattBlue

If you're a passenger!

Please pay attention to the road when driving there.

nah, that's what the guard rails are for... :ph34r:

Does anyone know how to get linked to that Aud 360 degree cam...or is that dead?

It's still up:

http://www.earthcam.com/client/erie/

Cool thing: there is a scroll bar directly under the cam feed that lets you scroll through the last 5 weeks :thumbsup:

• 2 weeks later...

Some pics from the last week or so...

#1 is a shot of the locker room entrances with the exposed basement below them.

#4 is a mystery to me. What was this located in the one corner of the blues? It appears to have been some sort of private box.

post-55-1237214383_thumbjpg

post-55-1237214390_thumbjpg

post-55-1237214396_thumbjpg

post-55-1237214402_thumbjpg

post-55-1237214408_thumbjpg

• 2 weeks later...
Some pics from the last week or so...

#1 is a shot of the locker room entrances with the exposed basement below them.

#4 is a mystery to me. What was this located in the one corner of the blues? It appears to have been some sort of private box.

When they were building the arena, they built a replica of the new luxury boxes and put it in the aud. It was known as the "Crossroads Arena Box"

• 3 weeks later...
Another piece of the roof.

I hope they do something cool in the exact location where center ice was. A statue or marker of something. Would be kinda neato to stand at center ice in the middle of Bass Pro or whatever is going there. If the spot will be outside, how about a long bench exactly where the Sabres bench was?

Pardon my ignorance of Buffalo, but that's the Skyway, right? That needs to go. Yesterday.

I hope they do something cool in the exact location where center ice was. A statue or marker of something. Would be kinda neato to stand at center ice in the middle of Bass Pro or whatever is going there. If the spot will be outside, how about a long bench exactly where the Sabres bench was?

Pardon my ignorance of Buffalo, but that's the Skyway, right? That needs to go. Yesterday.

Down in Houston, there's a megastore on the former site of an historic old ballpark, and they have a plaque in the floor where homeplate used to be. Having a marker for center ice (or where Patty was standing when he shoved the last puck into the net) would be pretty cool. They'd probably have to go w/ center ice because the team president that considered the rink to be his own private pond when the team wasn't playing / practicing probably went down to the ice the next day to score the "real" last goal in the Aud. <_<

It's amazing to see that view from above ... when you are actually down there, especially at night for a game, you really do not realize, or at least you kind of forget, how close the Aud and HSBC are to the water, and it's totally because of the Skyway. I know WNY has bigger issues, but that area could be pretty cool if they ever find a way to get rid of the Skyway.

It's amazing to see that view from above ... when you are actually down there, especially at night for a game, you really do not realize, or at least you kind of forget, how close the Aud and HSBC are to the water, and it's totally because of the Skyway. I know WNY has bigger issues, but that area could be pretty cool if they ever find a way to get rid of the Skyway.

I was kind of hoping that during the Aud demolition, a crane would "accidentally" knock down a few of the Skyway support piers (at night, of course with no cars on it). No such luck... :(

They could always bury it underground like they did in Boston. Only cost $15 billion; not including the lawsuits from people killed by falling sub-standard concrete.

And no matter what anyone says, it's sad to see the old barn torn down.

They could always bury it underground like they did in Boston. Only cost $15 billion; not including the lawsuits from people killed by falling sub-standard concrete.

And no matter what anyone says, it's sad to see the old barn torn down.

Or the 85 years it took to actually finish the project.

Exactly. These shots could not be a better emphasis of why the Skyway needs to go. There is no reason we can't downgrade to a waterfront boulevard. And they've already done studies to prove that it would be more cost effective to tear it down than keep it up for another 20 years.

Someday, when I am mayor, sh*t will get done.

I was always kinda nervous driving over that thing. It doesn't seem that solid since I'm skeptical about the upkeep. Anyways, I agree, just take it down and turn into a boulevard with trees and vegetation. Try to spruce it up a little. Downtown can use all the help it can get not that I've seen it in the last 10 years. But, I'm guessing it looks much the same as last time I saw it.

• 2 weeks later...
wow look at all that steel and block just come down. really cool. :thumbsup:

maybe they'll knock the west wall down wrong and take out the skyway...

Waht got me was someone walking down the metro rail as it came down.

One can only hope.

LQ and his ECHDC buddies have to be shitting their pants. As soon as the demo is complete people are going to want to know the latest about Bass Pro. I am in favor of them building here and think it would be a success and a nice cornerstone down there, but in this economy unless the state is funding a HUGE majority of the project, I don't see it happening. Keep in mind that Bass Pro has never signed on the dotted line.

Archived