Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

Yes gout pain is right along side of migraines, toothaches ect as worst of pains. I also had it in my foot some number of years ago, thought initially pain was from children jumping on my foot playing and that they had broken it. Big toe hurt like the devil. Recall the doctor prescribing Allopurinol and telling me I would need to take this the rest of my life. At the time I was very much over weight, enjoyed eating seasoned deli meats ect. I noticed for myself not eating deli meats and salty things, keeping my weight under control have not needed to use Allopurinol as has been mentioned, watching various food stuffs and diet does seem to resolve the issue.

no it's my foot, not much swelling but it's quite painful. I'm guessing it's more from booze than food. I was on a week long bender capped off with a 9 hour marathon on sunday.

The fact that I write software for a living at a public company and my workstation has the case scotch-taped together and I'm using a 17" monitor that flickers funny every now and then, but my project manager boss has a big 27" flat panel that he jacks is laptop into between meetings.

Programmers: The steelworkers of the 21st century, without the pensions.

Next time an airline is looking for volunteers because they are overbooked, they can go F*** themselves. I have an Airtran voucher from last year that I am trying to use. I have tried at least 5 or 6 different cities and numerous weeks/months/different days without any luck.

How about next time, you give me a voucher good for any flight that has seats available.

:angry:

Professors that want to take a look at your cookies. On your laptop that is. Quite the uproar today. Everyone's talkin about it. May drop the class, fire the prof. I'm sure there will be a retraction statement next Tuesday.

Oops, I "accidentally" cleared them out at the end of class.

Professors that want to take a look at your cookies. On your laptop that is. Quite the uproar today. Everyone's talkin about it. May drop the class, fire the prof. I'm sure there will be a retraction statement next Tuesday.

I'm picturing all the 'kids' heads down clearing cache's.

Why does he want to see your cookies? Is it an issue of people cheating or not paying attention and surfing the net during class?

no it's my foot, not much swelling but it's quite painful. I'm guessing it's more from booze than food. I was on a week long bender capped off with a 9 hour marathon on sunday.

A guy I used to work with had it. He was one bad motha.... but I've seen him cry when his Gout flared up.

Good luck with this....

Gonna get a last-minute one in here. Some of you know that I freelance for the local paper, covering high school sports (mostly football) once or twice a week in the fall to pick up some extra cash. I am trying to do some research on the two teams I covering tomorrow night, and cannot navigate the enormous clusterfugg cleveland.com's high school sports section has become. Pages are not loading right in Firefox, IE or Chrome, so I cannot pull up past games; there are unrelated stories on the football pages; I cannot find a simple schedule with results listed anywhere - instead I have to go through their ridiculous "scoreboard" feature to select a date range. What a waste of time.

I don't think the issue is cleveland.com or the plain dealer's website as much as it is the feeds they are getting from Ohio High School Sports, but this is ridiculous.

Nothing to complain about in the grand scheme... My wife and son are doing fine. Son is recovering from his circumcision downstairs. We're relaxing at home and I'm back from semi-retirement to open this thread. My only real complaint is that I have absolutely no concept of time right now, so if its not thursday, please close this thread!

Driving the other day and flipping radio stations I came across WBEN 930. All I have to say is WTF? I listened to a women profess what a good Christian she is and how she works at a Christian High School and the offense she took at some of her fellow workers support of our current President. She then went on a 5 minute rant about why she shouldn't have to work and have her tax dollars go to helping those in need. WTF?

Driving the other day and flipping radio stations I came across WBEN 930. All I have to say is WTF? I listened to a women profess what a good Christian she is and how she works at a Christian High School and the offense she took at some of her fellow workers support of our current President. She then went on a 5 minute rant about why she shouldn't have to work and have her tax dollars go to helping those in need. WTF?

Talk radio by nature is designed to raise hackles and get people like this to call in. And the hosts fan the flames. I cannot listen to talk radio for more than 30 seconds because it makes me want to smash the radio with a sledgehammer. Grrr... :angry:

Going to BK to get fries. I overhear the employees talking about how brown the fries are. "Oh, that means the oil is dirty, we'll have to clean it over the weekend" and "how long have these fries been sitting here?" just after I order.

They proceed to dispense my fries, half filling up the "cup" because that's all that's left.

I get to the table, only to taste a cold, squishy fry.

Yes I went back and got the new ones that just came out of the fryer. But seriously, couldn't they have said "wait 30 seconds we've got new ones coming out"?

My complaint: COLD Squishy FRIES. The taste never leaves.

Talk radio by nature is designed to raise hackles and get people like this to call in. And the hosts fan the flames. I cannot listen to talk radio for more than 30 seconds because it makes me want to smash the radio with a sledgehammer. Grrr... :angry:

I'm more and more convinced that those guys drive a lot of the problems we have. I have to change it right after they do the traffic report as well. Instead of provoking constructive discussion, it's all self righteousness and emotional appeal. Edit: And they play to the listener base by making them feel superior for listening in the first place!

My complaints:

1. My company no longer pays out unused vacation. Why? "Because we're a family company, we want you to use it all." Nice. But if you use too much, they'll dock your last check. They then used our stock buy-back program to purchase unexorcized *options* back from the top 4 or 5 guys instead of reducing float. How is this ethical? Especially considering their option prices are in the $0.10 ranges while the workforce is at $5.00.

2. Learning to write iPhone apps. Fun, but restrictive.

3. I miss hockey. I don't think I've posted in anything other than a complaint thread in months. Time for some action!!

4. The Bills. Holy crap.