Complaint Thursdays

LabattBlue

People who shouldn't be driving because they're either too old or incompetent.

Why is it these people manage to jump on the roads every time there's a snowstorm and/or bad roads? WTF are they thinking?

To continue the driving theme, I pulled into work this morning and Van Halen's "Panama" came on the radio. I was tempted to sit in my car to listen to it but it was cold oot. There is nothing like some Van Halen to get the morning started.

How about people who STOP at the end of the merge lane before entering the highway. I'm thinking of putting a set of roo bars or a cowcatcher on the Suburban just for these special drivers.

Oh boy don't get me started.... in Pittsburgh, at most entrance ramps they actually have stop signs to get on. As in, you are SUPPOSED TO STOP.

And as this is my first Complaint post, and I actually stopped complaining about that a few years ago, I'll throw one at you.

Last night I ate 37 wings at an all-you-can-eat Wednesday night wings special (while watching TB fudge the bucket against PIT), and now I'm really full and miserable. (But I'll be damned if I don't eat the half-dozen I smuggled out as soon as I get home from work tonight! ;) ) And on a very related topic, I'm pretty out of shape this offseason, and I'm using the weather as an excuse. <_<

Go Sabres!

A-freakin-MEN. The hardest part of my job is getting in my car to get there.

As a recent college grad, I've been at my first job since May, and I've found that the best moment of the week is when I wake up on Friday morning, turn off the alarm, and then don't have to set it again for the next day :)

Oh boy don't get me started.... in Pittsburgh, at most entrance ramps they actually have stop signs to get on. As in, you are SUPPOSED TO STOP.

And as this is my first Complaint post, and I actually stopped complaining about that a few years ago, I'll throw one at you.

Last night I ate 37 wings at an all-you-can-eat Wednesday night wings special (while watching TB fudge the bucket against PIT), and now I'm really full and miserable. (But I'll be damned if I don't eat the half-dozen I smuggled out as soon as I get home from work tonight! ;) ) And on a very related topic, I'm pretty out of shape this offseason, and I'm using the weather as an excuse. <_<

Go Sabres!

Holy crap! 37 wings! That's a huge congrats! I'm to weak to pull that off. :worthy:

This actually happened to me yesterday. I was at a 3 way stop and the guy behind me just followed me through the intersection, completely uncaring about the fact that he had to wait his turn. I was unaware that you could "hitch a ride" on the car in front of you.

only if your in a hurry..... which actually is my complaint today.......

Why is it that we (me big time included in this) always seem to be in a hurry anymore ? To beat the rush, to get the kids ready in the morning for school, to get to work, to get home, to get homework done, to get dinner, to get the kids to bed, ARRRRRhhg, :wallbash: , damn system seems to have infected my brain to always feel like I'm hurrying to get somewhere or something done...... I need to win the lottery and and hit the beach for about 2 years. :worthy:

Go Sabres!

Let's overlook the 37 wings part for a moment. How does one go about smuggling 6 saucy wings without a container?

I'm calling BS on this, unless your real name is Mike Williams and you used to play for the Bills.

Let's overlook the 37 wings part for a moment. How does one go about smuggling 6 saucy wings without a container?

Excellent question.

So I'm heading home a couple weeks ago, driving up Niagara Falls Blvd during "rush hour" (in quotes for our out of state friends who fight real traffic). The light is green, but I cannot get all the way through the intersection due to stopped traffic just on the other side. So I stopped just short of the crosswalk in case the light turned red before the traffic in front of me cleared so I wouldn't be stuck like a jackass in the intersection blocking crossing traffic while they have the green.

This lady behind me in a behemoth SUV starts laying on the horn. She wanted me to pull forward into the intersection so she can turn right. She is gesturing at me frantically like I am ruining her day. I calmly pointed to the sign that was immediately to my right that conveniently said what I wanted to tell her "Do not block side street". So she flips me off. I guess I should have blocked everyone on the side street, so she wouldn't have to take the chance of having to wait through another light cycle.

I'm calling BS on this, unless your real name is Mike Williams and you used to play for the Bills.

Excellent question.

Well mind you that while I pride myself on eating every morsel of meat off 'dem bones, these aren't the meatiest wings around. (Although.....decent. Fatheads is the best I've had in Pittsburgh; this was at Buffalo Blues.) I actually ate 51 wings on my birthday back in September. So last night, somewhere between Wing 32 and Wing 37 I had ordered another half dozen while also recalling the trauma I had suffered during my 51-wing performance. So I decided to spare myself a little misery and smuggle them out for another day. It wasn't really that hard... they were served in a little cardboard basket, so I used the previous basket as a top for the one I smuggled out (you might be able to tell that I'm a Mechanical Engineer ;) ), and my housemate made sure they didn't spill while I drove home.

And for the doubters, I have also been known to consume 1.0 pounds of pasta in a sitting, as well as a disc of beer (4.5 to 5 beers total) in 1:09. But the real reason for all the room in belly is that I drink a ton of water -- typically five quarts a day during the season. (I play ultimate frisbee... it's not too popular in WNY yet...) Curious... anyone else on here play ultimate?

Well mind you that while I pride myself on eating every morsel of meat off 'dem bones, these aren't the meatiest wings around. (Although.....decent. Fatheads is the best I've had in Pittsburgh; this was at Buffalo Blues.) I actually ate 51 wings on my birthday back in September. So last night, somewhere between Wing 32 and Wing 37 I had ordered another half dozen while also recalling the trauma I had suffered during my 51-wing performance. So I decided to spare myself a little misery and smuggle them out for another day. It wasn't really that hard... they were served in a little cardboard basket, so I used the previous basket as a top for the one I smuggled out (you might be able to tell that I'm a Mechanical Engineer ;) ), and my housemate made sure they didn't spill while I drove home.

I don't doubt it, I've polished off three dozen before. Perhaps not in Buffalo, but you find some rather small wings in other places.

And for the doubters, I have also been known to consume 1.0 pounds of pasta in a sitting, as well as a disc of beer (4.5 to 5 beers total) in 1:09. But the real reason for all the room in belly is that I drink a ton of water -- typically five quarts a day during the season. (I play ultimate frisbee... it's not too popular in WNY yet...) Curious... anyone else on here play ultimate?

The most amazing thing to me about that is eating a pound of pasta. That feeds my family of four (granted two of them are under 6) but we still have leftovers.

How big a boy are ya?

So I'm heading home a couple weeks ago, driving up Niagara Falls Blvd during "rush hour" (in quotes for our out of state friends who fight real traffic). The light is green, but I cannot get all the way through the intersection due to stopped traffic just on the other side. So I stopped just short of the crosswalk in case the light turned red before the traffic in front of me cleared so I wouldn't be stuck like a jackass in the intersection blocking crossing traffic while they have the green.

This lady behind me in a behemoth SUV starts laying on the horn. She wanted me to pull forward into the intersection so she can turn right. She is gesturing at me frantically like I am ruining her day. I calmly pointed to the sign that was immediately to my right that conveniently said what I wanted to tell her "Do not block side street". So she flips me off. I guess I should have blocked everyone on the side street, so she wouldn't have to take the chance of having to wait through another light cycle.

foot on brake, throw it in reverse, that'll freak her out

foot on brake, throw it in reverse, that'll freak her out

Good thought but I dont think my little civic was going to strike any fear into her or her expedition. It is a 5 spd through so I can do that little trick without my foot on the brake next time I need it :)

Good thought but I dont think my little civic was going to strike any fear into her or her expedition. It is a 5 spd through so I can do that little trick without my foot on the brake next time I need it :)

People like her in her big ol' suv would never even notice if you put your car in reverse.

Shiv the mofo.

I play ultimate, not competitively but just whenever I get the chance. I'm deadly accurate with a disc and I can catch very well, but speed and jumping aren't my strong suits. Have you ever played kan-jam? It's a local thing so you've probably heard of it. If you're an accurate frisbee tosser, it'd be a good game for you. I brought my kan jam cans to Cornell and my friends and I from home are trying to integrate it on campus.

I go to RIT where ultimate is hugely popular along with disc golf. I've seen plenty of my housemates frisbee team friends pound discs of beers. That stuff is nuts. I don't partake. I sit by and drink my Murphy's and watch them all try and keep it down. If you go to UB, I know full well what your drinking team with a frisbee problem is capable of.

I will admit, however, to having eaten a pound of pasta in a sitting, along with eating 25+ wings when I go out to bars for Sabres games. It's why I never get wings, because I eat too many and it gets expensive!

I have also done the gallon challenge and not thrown up, but that was a long time ago. I'm not sure I could do it now without some training first.

I play ultimate, not competitively but just whenever I get the chance. I'm deadly accurate with a disc and I can catch very well, but speed and jumping aren't my strong suits. Have you ever played kan-jam? It's a local thing so you've probably heard of it. If you're an accurate frisbee tosser, it'd be a good game for you. I brought my kan jam cans to Cornell and my friends and I from home are trying to integrate it on campus.

Haha yea I have heard of KanJam... I had never really heard of competitive ultimate before I went to Carnegie-Mellon, so when I found out about KanJam I was surprised to see its popularity in WNY. I've seen it played in a Pittsburgh-area ultimate tourney.

I go to RIT where ultimate is hugely popular along with disc golf. I've seen plenty of my housemates frisbee team friends pound discs of beers. That stuff is nuts. I don't partake. I sit by and drink my Murphy's and watch them all try and keep it down. If you go to UB, I know full well what your drinking team with a frisbee problem is capable of.

I will admit, however, to having eaten a pound of pasta in a sitting, along with eating 25+ wings when I go out to bars for Sabres games. It's why I never get wings, because I eat too many and it gets expensive!

I have also done the gallon challenge and not thrown up, but that was a long time ago. I'm not sure I could do it now without some training first.

Yup, UofR, UB, and RIT all have well-established teams. I'd love to see it more at the high school level in Rochester; I know that a handful of HS teams (one of the Pittsfords I know does) have been established in recent years. Here in Pittsburgh, they have something like 38 high school teams, and a pretty big ultimate community.