GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Claude Balls

Thomas Vanek is invisible. Is that the same as no effort? I don't know but this guy is nowhere to be found.

As god as my witness, if 12 and 61 are on the roster next year for the opener im shutting the television off. It's like watching a little kid burn his hand on the stove 82 times and never learning.

The NHL and its officals are a complete joke and have been for as long as I can remember.

There's a reason why Vanek has earned the nickname "Thomas Vanish" around here :ph34r:

I am not wanting to be wise or knock them , I just do not see any fire or passion in them. They are easily pushed away from Montreal net and do not push Montreal away from theirs.

Thinking the same thing - Montreal did a good job of keeping Buffalo to the outside for much of the night and we didn't do a good job of fighting through to the net.

There's really no way I can answer this question without getting criticized more so I'll just say that he is a great center and the only thing that he lacks is size(which a lot of other centers have and give them a slight edge).

Roy is more of a complete, two-way center - I think Vanek needs a playmaking center to get him the puck in good scoring positions.

Well Roy is still giving it his all...

Fighting to the end...

That's an understatement. He worked his ass off, had several huge chances to get them within one, drew a couple of penalties with individual effort and stick handling, and just flat out left it all on the ice. There were a couple of other guys who did too (Pommer, Hecht, Gaustad, Sekera ... man, he looked like he was about to die in the box at the end), but too few, too late. I still think Vanek owes him about $3 million.

My new definition: a Kotalik hattrick is a one-time goal, a lazy penalty and a bad give-away. I didn't see the first, but it sounds like the Sabres were playing very well until he took yet another hooking penalty.

Love it.

My new definition: a Kotalik hattrick is a one-time goal, a lazy penalty and a bad give-away. I didn't see the first, but it sounds like the Sabres were playing very well until he took yet another hooking penalty.

Hey you stole that from me!

Except mine was 2 goals and a back breaking giveaway.

I'd show you my post but it was lost in the crash.

Hey you stole that from me!

Except mine was 2 goals and a back breaking giveaway.

I'd show you my post but it was lost in the crash.

Ha-ha, can't prove it ... (just kidding)

I had a feeling that somebody had thought of the same type of thing before. It's just too easy of a target.

It's time to ship Kotalik and Max out of here. Max is a disaster. I can't take the SO PREDICTABLE THE WHOLE F&%KING LEAGUE KNOWS IT'S COMING onetimer to Kotalik any longer - not to mention the laziness, turnovers and disappearing acts from these dummies.

It's time to ship Kotalik and Max out of here. Max is a disaster. I can't take the SO PREDICTABLE THE WHOLE F&%KING LEAGUE KNOWS IT'S COMING onetimer to Kotalik any longer - not to mention the laziness, turnovers and disappearing acts from these dummies.

Max - when it absolutely, positively has to be turned over right now.

Whatever the FO does this offseason, please don't fire Lindy. This was not his fault. He really got dealt a bad hand, and wasn't given much to work with.

Lindy is the best coach in the league. The only thing I can fault him for is not benching some of the dead weight on the roster once in a while.

Lindy is the best coach in the league. The only thing I can fault him for is not benching some of the dead weight on the roster once in a while.

He probably figured it was best to just wait till the off season and get rid of them then rather than ruining whatever little value they had left.

You probably knew this was going to happen inevitably, and to be honest, I did not expect this team to make the playoffs this year after all those losses of Drury, Briere, and then Campbell. But, man, it's still depressing. It stings because this team teased us quite a bit. I was still hopeful they could make the playoffs, but I guess not. It's depressing when reality hits.

Well, I hope Teppo gets to play against Boston. At least let the guy get some ice time in the last game of the year, especially since the season is over. I'd also say that we play Thibault in that game and finally give Ryan a well deserved rest. He deserves it.

Management was, apparently, hoping to go into this season saving some payroll (Vanek's contract was something they couldn't imagine working out the way it did) and expecting that a combination of another year of maturity for some players, others playing at 2006-2007 levels (i.e., Lydman-Talinder) and receiving a little bit of luck would get them to the promised land of the second round of the play-offs.

I hope GTG will, in the next few weeks, provide a year-end statement promising a stronger commitment (financial) to putting a better team on the ice next year in order to keep the ticket buying public interested.

I fear, however, as a result of being a supporter of small-market Buffalo teams for too many years, that the off-season moves will leave us feeling too little was done and sensing that the training camp roster isn't much better than what did little tonight against MTL.

Management was, apparently, hoping to go into this season saving some payroll (Vanek's contract was something they couldn't imagine working out the way it did) and expecting that a combination of another year of maturity for some players, others playing at 2006-2007 levels (i.e., Lydman-Talinder) and receiving a little bit of luck would get them to the promised land of the second round of the play-offs.

I hope GTG will, in the next few weeks, provide a year-end statement promising a stronger commitment (financial) to putting a better team on the ice next year in order to keep the ticket buying public interested.

I fear, however, as a result of being a supporter of small-market Buffalo teams for too many years, that the off-season moves will leave us feeling too little was done and sensing that the training camp roster isn't much better than what did little tonight against MTL.

As long as we let them use this as a statement of fact, we enpower them to hold it over our head. For the one thousandth time, Buffalo is not small market with regard to revenue among NHL franchises unless you consider twenty of the thirty teams small market.

I don't believe GTG even knows they missed the playoffs yet. I think he just gets memos from Larry Quinn and that's about it. And I'm sure Larry puts a happy face on everything. It'll probably stay that way until season tickets sales drop and GTG starts asking Larry where all the revenue went.

My biggest worry is Lindy will get fed up and leave. He can probably afford to retire for a few years. I'm sure taking a year or two off will do him good. Then he can come back to the NHL fresh..with another team.

Mark my words: this team is screwed as long as Larry Quinn runs it.

PTR

I don't believe GTG even knows they missed the playoffs yet. I think he just gets memos from Larry Quinn and that's about it. And I'm sure Larry puts a happy face on everything. It'll probably stay that way until season tickets sales drop and GTG starts asking Larry where all the revenue went.

My biggest worry is Lindy will get fed up and leave. He can probably afford to retire for a few years. I'm sure taking a year or two off will do him good. Then he can come back to the NHL fresh..with another team.

Mark my words: this team is screwed as long as Larry Quinn runs it.

PTR

My Apologies to you Promo. I have taken you to task on many an issue, despite the fact that you are 6'9" 250lbs+, but the drum you've been banging all season was the right one. I just didn't want to hear it. The truth hurts and you've been right all along. Hopefully we can both take solace in a busy off season.

About thirteen years ago, a superior of mine told me the same thing the first day after I got transfer to his division. Handed me a "websters' while saying it. Funny thing, webster listed it.
Main Entry: ir?re?gard?less

Pronunciation: \ˌir-i-ˈg?rd-ləs\

Function: adverb

Etymology: probably blend of irrespective and regardless

Date: circa 1912

Nonstandard : regardless

Usage: Irregardless originated in dialectal American speech in the early 20th century. Its fairly widespread use in speech called it to the attention of usage commentators as early as 1927. The most frequently repeated remark about it is that "there is no such word." There is such a word, however. It is still used primarily in speech, although it can be found from time to time in edited prose. Its reputation has not risen over the years, and it is still a long way from general acceptance. Use regardless instead.

I stand corrected ... I guess <_<

I realize that dialects develop over time, but this really bothers me. Basically, if enough people make the same mistake, then it's not a mistake anymore. When your etymology is "uh ... people probably mixed up these two words", that's just sad. It's a freaking double negative. It literally means "without without consideration."

Archived