Sekera and Weber leading the way the last 3 games for the Sabres...

matter2003

How about 2 AHL callups leading the team with a +11 each the last 3 games...especially impressive tonite with a +4 each....

These guys have played better than anyone could have imagined...is anyone really willing to trade Kalinin or Paetsch back in the lineup to take one of them out?? Not me...I say keep Paetsch on the shelf...

How about 2 AHL callups leading the team with a +11 each the last 3 games...especially impressive tonite with a +4 each....

These guys have played better than anyone could have imagined...is anyone really willing to trade Kalinin or Paetsch back in the lineup to take one of them out?? Not me...I say keep Paetsch on the shelf...

I haven't been able to watch Weber play much, but no way in hell does Sekara come out of the lineup. No way

All three of them are pretty green, Not sure I am "sold" on Sekera and Weber full time just yet. Not bad to have these two in the system to know you can call on them if needed. They have shown some real promise so far though. I just fear that a bad few games will really set them back.

You conveniently leave out Funk when talking about the returning defensemen.

I think Sekera and Weber should become a permanent pair; they cover well for each other, and their styles complement each other. I think Sekera is the real deal and will only get better, and it's been a looooong time since a Sabres D-man has played the body as well as Weber does.

I think Weber and Sekera are ready for primetime but Funk is still a little green. I see him making mistakes, but every one of them are not so much mental mistakes as they are mistakes of eagerness or just not being able to think quickly enough with the faster NHL game coming at him. Play him as much as possible, though, and I think he'll come along pretty quickly.

Yeah, Funk has played much better than the first time he was called up, but still could use some AHL time...

I think he will be a pretty good player in the future tho...perhaps not ready to be a full time NHL'er for a couple more years tho...

I think Paetsch has been a steady defenseman and has shown some grit. He came back 3 times after taking some rough poundings before being knocked out. The kid has shown determination. We have a bunch of defensemen that all can bring something to the game but not one of them is a complete package.

Right now, the only change I would make on the blue line, assuming he's ready to go, is just put Teppo in for Funk. That's it. I really like the way Sekera and Weber are playing right now. I think Spacek is gone for the season, Kalinin may come back soon, and Paetsch may be gone for a while depending on the severity of his concussion. So, Sekera and Weber are going to see an awful lot of time. They play really well together and I guess they've been doing so in Rochester. What gets me is why is Rochester so bad this year when all of the Sabres players have performed extremely well when called into duty like MacArthur, Kaleta, Sekera, and Weber? Oh well. I like the way Sekera and Weber have been playing a lot recently. I was impressed with Weber the first time around too.

I might be in the minority, but I don't see a lot that really worries me about the youngsters. The handful of mistakes I've noticed can be attributed to just being young and getting acclimated to the higher speed and skill level of NHL'ers versus what they're accustomed to in Rochester. From what I've seen these young guys aren't making any more mistakes than some of our vets have made this year - either in terms of quantity of mistakes or glaring turnovers, etc.

But I see a heck of a lot more positives from the youngsters than I could have expected. In addition this experience is going to be tremendous if we need to call on any of them in the postseason and will also help DR make his offseason blueline decisions.

I might be in the minority, but I don't see a lot that really worries me about the youngsters. The handful of mistakes I've noticed can be attributed to just being young and getting acclimated to the higher speed and skill level of NHL'ers versus what they're accustomed to in Rochester. From what I've seen these young guys aren't making any more mistakes than some of our vets have made this year - either in terms of quantity of mistakes or glaring turnovers, etc.

But I see a heck of a lot more positives from the youngsters than I could have expected. In addition this experience is going to be tremendous if we need to call on any of them in the postseason and will also help DR make his offseason blueline decisions.

I bet one of them will be to say До свидания Kalinin! :ph34r:

All I think is Lindy knows better than to mix up this line up. You don't change a team up when you've won 3 in a row and scored over 5+ goals each time.

Keep Sekera, Weber and Funk. If not for the fact that we can call them Safe For Winning.

The handful of mistakes I've noticed can be attributed to just being young and getting acclimated to the higher speed and skill level of NHL'ers versus what they're accustomed to in Rochester.

As opposed to Lydman, who continues to be the other teams best set up guy, due to Lydmanitits.

Stolen from today's Buffalo News...

"Rookie defensemen Andrej Sekera and Mike Weber were both plus-5, one shy of the franchise record. Weber is plus-13 in four games since his recall from Rochester while Sekera is plus-9 in his current stint up from the Amerks."

"Rookie defensemen Andrej Sekera and Mike Weber were both plus-5, one shy of the franchise record. Weber is plus-13 in four games since his recall from Rochester while Sekera is plus-9 in his current stint up from the Amerks."
Weber has the THIRD BEST +/- on the team and he's played 4 games. Are you kidding me?

I think we need to back away from the +/- analysis. The past 3 games were anomalies not the norm.

Its funny how plus/minus seem important when it fits someone's argument but are irrelevant when its contrary to that argumment. The sad part, a novice hockey fan like tom Golisano buys into this +/- crap when he probably doesn't even know which goals count and which ones don't.

Weber and Sekera have been very good these three games but they haven't exactly been playing against the leagues best forechecking teams. The future might be bright but I'd still rather have a couple of veterans if they make the playoffs.

Teppo, depending on his condition, I'd send Kalinin him now.

BTW what are you doing posting so early in the am, shouldn't you be plannning the move or working somewhere making money for the move?

I am working...er...at work. We aren't moving for 28 days, so we have some time. Everything is done with the move except put the stuff on the truck.

Archived