Thank you for your Service Marty

apuszczalowski

Let me be the first to say it, THANK YOU Marty Biron for your service here in a Buffalo Sabres uniform

It would have been nice to have kept you for the playoffs and allowed you to get your chance to hoist the cup with the rest of the boys, but buisness is buisness and its the only reason you are moving on. Hopefully you will be going somewhere where you will be used more and allow you to become a full time starter. Maybe one day we will see you in the Finals, but I'm afraid to say at that time I will have to root against you

Thanks again and Good luck!

Let me be the first to say it, THANK YOU Marty Biron for your service here in a Buffalo Sabres uniform

It would have been nice to have kept you for the playoffs and allowed you to get your chance to hoist the cup with the rest of the boys, but buisness is buisness and its the only reason you are moving on. Hopefully you will be going somewhere where you will be used more and allow you to become a full time starter. Maybe one day we will see you in the Finals, but I'm afraid to say at that time I will have to root against you

Thanks again and Good luck!

Well said. I am going to miss Marty as a member of this team if it's true.

I hope someone, some company, the players or the organization take out a full page ad in the Buffalo News saying THANK YOU to Marty Biron for being the exact definition of a TEAM player and a professional athlete with the most class possible.

I love Marty Biron and wish him nothing but the absolute best where ever he goes and for the rest of his life. If every athlete had his attitude, the world of sports would be a better place. I also thank his parents for raising such a great person.

He is a Buffalo guy and will be back, if for nothing else to just live in the off season and after retiring...

Thank you Marty! You will always be a part of us!!!

I hope someone, some company, the players or the organization take out a full page ad in the Buffalo News saying THANK YOU to Marty Biron for being the exact definition of a TEAM player and a professional athlete with the most class possible.

I love Marty Biron and wish him nothing but the absolute best where ever he goes and for the rest of his life. If every athlete had his attitude, the world of sports would be a better place. I also thank his parents for raising such a great person.

He is a Buffalo guy and will be back, if for nothing else to just live in the off season and after retiring...

Thank you Marty! You will always be a part of us!!!

Anyone know what that would cost?

As fans I think it would be a cool gesture to do something like that, maybe we take some donations to do this?

I for one think Marty got a raw deal. He lands on a team with 3 other goalies and in last place. He very well might have gotten a ring in Buffalo and played the open market later in the summer. There is no upside to what happened to him.

I for one think Marty got a raw deal. He lands on a team with 3 other goalies and in last place. He very well might have gotten a ring in Buffalo and played the open market later in the summer. There is no upside to what happened to him.

If they extend his contract, Esche is an UFA after the season and Nittymaki is a RFA. Things can very easily change there.

The best part of Marty being traded...........we won't have to face him in the playoffs. Philly may have just become our toughest opponent for the next few years.

If the Sabres win the Cup, I hope they invite Marty in to celebrate with team afterwards, not on the ice, but you know what I mean. He was a very big part of this teams success and helping them get to where they are now.

No upside? He now gets to work out a contract, with the threat to test FA now, and is pretty much handed the starting job

Leighton has been waived, so he is an AHLer at best. Esche is horrible, and Nittimaki has been nearly as bad this year.

Marty's been traded into a Todd Collins - AVP swirl, not a Joe Montana - Steve Young deal. He hasn't even ended up in a Mika Vancouver deal.

Marty is better than what they had. (Could Antero play better than Marty if he gets his head screwed on straight? Probably, but considering he was a Clarke guy and Clarke wouldn't know a good goalie and how to handle him if the guy bit him on the butt, I wouldn't expect Nittimaki to beat Marty out.)

Archived