GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7pm

It's the last game of a brutal homestand. Oh, the sabres collected all but one point on the homestand so far, but boy did we suffer! Now, the sabres take on the senators, a team that has had the sabres' number. Kaleta has been called up for Paille, and there's going to be more line juggling. The Briere line, the defense and the goalie situation are all constants though. Even so, the sabres are doing something that they've never done this season: They're playing as a vast underdog. There's no way that a team of AHLers can beat the streaking senators... But... THAT'S WHY THEY PLAY THE GAME!! A victory tomorrow will mean just as much as a playoff victory, and i just can't see the sabres losing! Their backs are to the wall, they're down, there's some major doubt, but they still have their best 3 players, they still have the heart, and i think they have 41 wins after tomorrow night. I'm very excited to see this new kid play. Apparenlty he's a big time hitter... Also, i'm more confident in Ryan and macarthur. Stafford is stafford... he'll be here next year as a starter... I just don't think the sabres can lose tomorrow. The biggest question to me is who's in goal? Do you play miller, since he's the #1 guy facing the #1 challenge? Do you play biron to showcase him and to protect miller in case the kids decide to cover up tomorrow? Eh? i say start biron. miller was shaky last night, and biron hasn't played in a couple weeks. Play biron tomorrow and start miller in ottawa on saturday. I don't want to predict a score, but i do see the sabres winning... Just because their backs are to the wall, and that brings out the best in everything we love about this team.

getting this thread off to an early start...

i see the sens almost underestimating (gasp!) the sabres since theyve had their number this year and theyre playing what is essentially the amerks best. that being said i dont know how well the sabres will hold up to a decent NHL team with their patchwork players. Lindy is gonna have to pull out all the stops and juggle the lines like a circus clown until he finds what works. I dont mind seeing Biron start this one, but if he does and he wins it or plays well, it certianly will help in his status toward a #1 goalie. The sabres should play hard and work like theyre trying to make the team (because most of them still are) and give an inspired effort, but even with our added effort and the sens underestimating us, im not sure how we are gonna pull this off. This isnt philly or boston anymore.

This game should also have a big impact on what kind of move we might make, whether its a minor tweak or a bigger roster effecting move. we shall see!! Go Sabres

An ideal world would be a sweep of the Sens. I suspect a real world result would be a split. And if we are to split, I sure as heck want the W tonight. That would allow a "looser" game to be played in Ottawa on Saturday for the Sabres and a "tighter" game to be played by the Sens. I'd like to see the Sabres get 3 of these 4 points.

Should be an interesting game to watch. This is the night where we need the goaltender to stand on his head and be the difference in the game. We need the A games tonight from Miller, Pomminstein, Hecht, and the entire D-corp.

Ottawa has not named a starting goaltender yet. As well as Gerber has played in Emery's abscence this must be a tough decision for Murray.

In my opinion, all the pressure is on the Sens. For the Sabres, it's actually not a bad situation to be in, from this standpoint:

If we lose, well then yeah of course we lost, Ottawa is a great team and we fielded a minor league team against them. No biggie, and entirely expected.

But if we win, it's a MONSTROUSLY HUGE win for us, and a crushing demoralizing defeat for the Sens.

:beer:

I'm mostly just excited to watch the kids play again, particularly Kaleta. Go Sabres!!!

Who are you.... John Tortarella???

Looking forward to a good game tonight - actually have a night off to watch it. Hopefully Rayzer is in net and not that clown goober.

Calling Emery Rayzer is an insult to the real Rayzer. Can't you call him something like Emory, as in board? or the Emerald Nut? There's only 1 Rayzer and we all know who that is, and it sure as hell ain't me. Now go drink some of that good Canadian beer. :beer:

ill be there tonight and i am jacked up for this game. Im taking my gf who is from rochester and has season amerks tickets, so she knows these guys more then me! this is her first "big show" game as well, and i hope the young guys pull this one out for her. I hope we get an energetic team full of young legs that surprise the sens....GO SABRES BABY!!!!!!

ill be there tonight and i am jacked up for this game. Im taking my gf who is from rochester and has season amerks tickets, so she knows these guys more then me! this is her first "big show" game as well, and i hope the young guys pull this one out for her. I hope we get an energetic team full of young legs that surprise the sens....GO SABRES BABY!!!!!!

You want the guys to pull what out for your girlfriend? :D

Well, I was completely wrong about Ryan and the Philly game, so I'm not going to comment too much on Kaleta. The one thing I will say is that Ottawa, Neal in particular, have pushed us around a bit this year. I hope he can balance it up some.

As for tonight, those kids are going to skate their hearts out. I hope it's enough...

Glad to hear about Biron starting. Miller is still off of his game. I don't know what it will take to refocus him, but it better happen soon.

Well, I was completely wrong about Ryan and the Philly game, so I'm not going to comment too much on Kaleta. The one thing I will say is that Ottawa, Neal in particular, have pushed us around a bit this year. I hope he can balance it up some.

With all the talk around WNY about how physical Kaleta plays, I wouldn't be surprised to see someone like Neil or McGratton go after Kaleta early to try and welcome him into the league NHL style.

Awesome! The game's on comcast.net.

Why didn't I ever know that comcast.net shows live games? I feel like such a noob. Thanks for the heads up. I see that the Sabres are on a few more times until the end of the season. I guess I could always invest in Center Ice, but maybe next year.

Can you elaborate on what you mean by this? I must plead ignorance...I mean I know who he is, but I don't get the reference/meaning/inference/insult that you intended to convey.

Thanks!

During playoffs first round last year Sens vs Lightning John tortarella "trying to get an edge" publicly repeatedly said all the pressure was on ottawa in the series.

Archived