GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Embarassed that our Powerplay was working at better than 25%?

Embarrassed that half of our team tonight has played in the AHL this season on a regular basis, we lost 2 players making our bench even shorter, and having to rely on the refs to even have a shot at beating us let alone take us into overtime, and still coming up short....i think that qualifies as embarrassing.

Holy mackarel. that was incredible. Here are a few random observations:

1. the kids are alright!

2. I don't want to trade anyone on this team. I don't want to hear about Kevyn Adams, Ian Laperriere, Bill Guerin, blah blah blah. This is our team. These are the guys that I want to go to war with. That's it.

3. If that wasn't the best game of the year, it was definitely top 3, and I have no idea what the other 2 are.

4. Miller is the man.

5. We don't quit.

6. the Senators are officially public enemy #1 (especially since the flyers have become a joke). the senators are like Mike Tyson -- dangerous but ultimately a bunch of no-heart punks. I won't make fun of Bryan Murray's lisp or complete lack of lips, but I will reiterate that he is an uptight, puckered loser. What a bunch of BS about Drury's helmet. Stick up for your guy, fine, but don't babble on about a malfunctioning helmet and pretend to be shocked that we wanted some payback.

7. Oh, and are we supposed to be scared of Murray's threats about sat. night? Like we didn't win there THREE times in the playoffs last year? Like this team is scared of anything?

8. Just so everyone is clear: that was a dirty hit by Neil. elbow/shoulder has nothing to do with it. It was well after drury had gotten rid of the puck and it was a head shot. If the NHL is serious about head shots, that is the kind of play that should merit a 5-game suspension for 1st offense, then 10, 20, etc. What do I expect the NHL to do? Zero.

9. Does everyone still want to unload Peters? How about Kalinin?

10. Perfect example of zero heart in the sens: how in the world can NONE of spezza, alfie or heatley be in their top FOUR shooters in the shootout? This is Jagr-type BS. Your best players HAVE to be leaders and HAVE to want the puck in game-winning situations. That's why Briere is better than all of them (although heatley is pretty GD good).

11. that was an unbelievable hockey game. Holy mackarel. Did I say that already?

12. that was the best I've seen Stafford play. I liked what I saw from MacArthur and Kaleta too (and I fully expect Kaleta to try to take a piece out of Neil on sat.). Ryan struggled a little with penalties (I think he had 2) and being out of position but was still skating well and aggressive.

13. we should all be grateful for the miraculous gift that is this team. Just amazing.

Go Sabres.

Archived