LAMP: Welcome a New Sabres Fan!

Bmwolf21

This weekend, our family was blessed by the unexpected early arrival of our first child, Hunter. We traveled from south of Cleveland to Niagara Falls for the weekend for the baby shower, and approximately 4 hours after Miller backstopped the Sabres to a SO win over the Flames, the little guy announced his intention to come out and watch the rest of the Sabres season. (No truth to the rumor that he didn't cry after birth, but rather said "why haven't we traded Kalinin and Kotlaik?")

At 9:38am he was born via C-section, weighing 6 lbs and measuring 18.5" long. Mom and baby are doing fine, especially considering he was 4 weeks premature.

Pictures to follow, possibly this weekend...

Yessssss!! Congratulations. I hope you will find (as I have and I'm sure many others here agree) that fatherhood is the greatest experience a man can have.

One word of advice: if you don't already have it, get tivo. Your ability to watch the games has just been severly disrupted -- and the number of times you'll find yourself on your couch at all hours of the night wishing for some sabres to help pass the time until he falls asleep will skyrocket.

Very best to you and your wife. Great job.

This weekend, our family was blessed by the unexpected early arrival of our first child, Hunter. We traveled from south of Cleveland to Niagara Falls for the weekend for the baby shower, and approximately 4 hours after Miller backstopped the Sabres to a SO win over the Flames, the little guy announced his intention to come out and watch the rest of the Sabres season. (No truth to the rumor that he didn't cry after birth, but rather said "why haven't we traded Kalinin and Kotlaik?")

At 9:38am he was born via C-section, weighing 6 lbs and measuring 18.5" long. Mom and baby are doing fine, especially considering he was 4 weeks premature.

Pictures to follow, possibly this weekend...

Congrats to you and your wife. Cherish the memories while they are small, before you know it, they will be all grown up.

Best of luck with our youngest Sabres fan! :beer:

Congrats... before you file that birth certificate, consider Stanley as a middle name...

Bump Stanley to the first name and keep Hunter as the middle :P

Seriously though, 'grats, BM. As a father of four (one was a C-Section, one was a preemie), I have to agree with nfreeman. Prepare yourself for the greatest and most rewarding job in the world.

Thanks, everyone. We are still waiting for him to be released from the hospital, having some normal issues with jaundice.

To answer some of the questions, in no particular order:

If I suggest Stanley as the middle or (first name) I might be walking home from the hospital...)and contrary to popular belief, Wolf is not my last name :nana:)

He was born at Mount St. Mary's Hospital in Lewiston, so he is a WNY'er by birth...

FWIW, while the baby shower was going on, my brother & I went shopping at the Summit Park Mall in Niagara Falls, and they did have some adult size slug jerseys...and his godparents did have enough sense to get him some Sabres sleepers and a Sabres bib, so he is ready for the playoff run...

I do have the DVR, but DC is going to cringe, as I am still stuck with the DirecTV DVR and not the TiVo model...

I will be putting some pictures up, once I get a new USB cable for my camera...as the birth was very early and very unexpected, we left a lot of stuff at home in Cleveland, including the laptop, digital camera accessories, the birthing plan, a lot of the clothes and thins we need for the baby (like the car seat - had to go out and buy a new one) and what not, so it's a piecemeal existence right now...throw in this snow and it's enough to make you wonder...for now, we are staying with my brother until next week or so, so I'll be on here a lot less...:(

Thanks again for all the warm wishes...

Congratulations. Your life has just changed. Less drinking with the boys, but that's ok, you won't miss it. Once your family comes along, your friends become a little less important.

I've got 3 kids. My first was born October 18th, 1998, early morning. She should have been born October 17th in the evening, during a Habs/Sabres game being shown by CBC on hockey Night in Canada. But, my girl was nice enough to let daddy watch the game in the hospital waiting room, a Sabres victory btw, before she entered this world.

Then, the first thing she did when I picked her up, was, you guessed it, urinate all over me. And, isn't that the general rule with our little girls? Us guys let them get away with anything.

You have a boy though. Totally different. When my baby girl fell down, I rushed over and held her and checked her and worried to death about her. When my boys fell over, I said,"Stop your whining and watch what the hell yer doing next time."

Fun times ahead for you, although I hate that first 6 months.

Hey guys (and gals)

Finally had a chance to get a couple pics online. I don't have any photo editing software on this computer, so the pics are too big to upload here. I'll just post the links:

PIC 1

PIC 2

He was re-admitted to the hospital on Saturday for photo therapy treatment (jaundice) and was released this morning, so mom & baby are home & doing fine. We'll be leaving WNY and heading back to Cleveland later next weekend...

And now, back to your regularly scheduled trade debates, already in progress...

Hey guys (and gals)

Finally had a chance to get a couple pics online. I don't have any photo editing software on this computer, so the pics are too big to upload here. I'll just post the links:

PIC 1

PIC 2

He was re-admitted to the hospital on Saturday for photo therapy treatment (jaundice) and was released this morning, so mom & baby are home & doing fine. We'll be leaving WNY and heading back to Cleveland later next weekend...

And now, back to your regularly scheduled trade debates, already in progress...

WHAT?!?!?!?! Wheres his Sabres gear????????????????

He does know the playoffs are coming up and I'm sure he wants to show his support

WHAT?!?!?!?! Wheres his Sabres gear????????????????

He does know the playoffs are coming up and I'm sure he wants to show his support

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Since he decided to come early, all his clothes are huge on him...he is drowning in pretty much everything we've put him in...we had to go get him some preemie clothes and believe me, I was looking for the Sabres gear at Target & Wal-Mart...might have to make a run to Laux before we head back to Cleveland...

Archived