Official NHL Trades Thread

Bmwolf21

Wow late-breaking trade tonight...literally. This thing wasn't announced until nearly 2 1/2 hours after the Calgary/Buffalo game

To Calgary:

C Wayne Primeau

D Brad Stuart

To Boston:

RW Chuck Kobasew

D Andrew Ference

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195785&hubname=nhl

Good trade for Calgary. Kobasew was a bit of a bust, Stuart and Primeau are perfect for Calgary...a grinding center who can win faceoffs and a puck-moving defenseman. Things are starting to heat up early this year, its been a busy weekend.

The Thornton trade for Boston looks worse every day. They traded a superstar for 2 journeymen(Primeau & Sturm) and an up and coming dman in Stuart. Now after this deal, the net result of the Thornton deal looks like this...

Thornton for Sturm, Kobasew & Ference. :lol: :lol: :lol:

TRADE http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195645&hubname=nhl

To Nashville: D Vitali Vishnevski

To Atlanta: C Eric Belanger

Atlanta has also claimed LW Denis Hamel off waivers from Ottawa.

Uh what's the deal with Belanger? 3 different teams in three days...and all three are going to be playoff teams. Very strange to see that.

Atlanta wanted him. Carolina didn't want to trade within the division. Nashville pulls a fast one on Carolina while also landing a player they want.

And Darcy continues to sit on his handswhile he loses to of his starters this weekend

As he should be. Paille will fill Goose's spot just fine, if differently. We have 7 d-men already and they are all capable. Yes, Spacek is out right now, but he'll be back. Not many teams have the same defensive luxury that we do.

If Timmy can't come back then maybe we throw a deal together, I don't want Peters to play in any playoff games, but from what I'm hearing they expect him back so they won't make the deal.

The Thornton trade for Boston looks worse every day. They traded a superstar for 2 journeymen(Primeau & Sturm) and an up and coming dman in Stuart. Now after this deal, the net result of the Thornton deal looks like this...

Thornton for Sturm, Kobasew & Ference. :lol: :lol: :lol:

I agree that the Thornton trade is obviously a disaster (and was the second it was made). Nonetheless, I think the Bruins made a good trade here with Stuart. He wasn't going to re-sign, he made that clear to Bruins management. So they ship out Primeau and Stuart (who will be a UFA) for Kobasew and Ference. I like the deal and they got a couple solid players with an upside. I wouldn't mind seeing Ference here in Buffalo (although Max made him look silly the other night).

P.S. Finally my 500th post. Now I can die happy :lol:

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

Thank god "Floppa" is out of the Eastern Conference for the dreaded playoffs!!

It's not my fault if you can't read what I posted.

What facts.

He says the same thing that Don Cherry says every week and people love him.

And I would think that if he did insult a player based on race the NHL would look into it and fine him. Wasn't Rob Ray accused of calling someone a frog in the early part of his career?

What facts.

He says the same thing that Don Cherry says every week and people love him.

And I would think that if he did insult a player based on race the NHL would look into it and fine him. Wasn't Rob Ray accused of calling someone a frog in the early part of his career?

That's less an issue to me than racism, and all of that is less of an issue than going against the grain with your union brothers, which, believe me, would be an issue in the locker room.

Besides, Don Cherry is not on the ice with any French Canadian players, depending on them to feed him the puck and vice versa. Avery is. One is a loudmouth commentator who's reknowned for being a loudmouth. The other is a player in a team sport. Big difference.

Archived