Official NHL Trades Thread

Bmwolf21

Mods, I was thinking maybe we could keep a pinned thread at the top and we can just add trades (and discussion of the trades) as they happen.

Please, try to keep rumors and wish lists in a separate thread.

----------------------------

TRADE ALERT:

The Los Angeles Kings have traded centre Sean Avery and prospect John Seymour to the New York Rangers for right winger Jason Ward along with prospects Marc-Andre Cliche and Jan Marek.

Avery, 26, has established a reputation as a contentious player with controversial statements and a league penalty minute crown part of his package.

The 5-foot-11, 185-pound pivot has toned down his act this season and is on pace for his most productive season. Through 55 games, Avery has 10 goals, 28 points, 116 penalty minutes and is minus-10.

LINK

So I guess we'll be seeing Avery after all...man, that seems like a lot to give up for him.

I love Avery's game but in a league full of good citizens (well, I wouldn't let my wife hang out with most of them, but that's a different story), Avery is a bad one. He'll make them better on the ice, but in an already fragile lockerroom with diva-like Jagr, it could make for interesting stuff.

We can stop discussing Avery; he's been traded to the Rangers for Jason Ward...

Did you even read the4 #%^$#!ing title of the thread or a single word posted in the thread?

It's not called the "Let's discuss trade rumors or speculate about what we think are good trades".

IT'S THE OFFICIAL NHL TRADES THREAD.

You know ones that have already happened. <_<

p.s. ...and yes, I'm in a pretty ornery mood. :angry:

Did you even read the4 #%^$#!ing title of the thread or a single word posted in the thread?

It's not called the "Let's discuss trade rumors or speculate about what we think are good trades".

I'm sorry for the way I worded this trade announcement. If you would have actually checked the news instead of attacking me, you would see that AVERY HAS BEEN TRADED TO THE RANGERS FOR JASON WARD!!!

I have no intention of discussing the trade, just announcing it for anyone that didn't know.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nhl/news;_ylt=Arf....ov=ap&type=lgns

That trade was already posted, in the very 1st message...

Guess I'll go back and bold it. But thanks for keeping the thread going. :thumbsup:

Good call on having this thread pinned BTW. Anyway, Avery is a perfect fit for the scumbag Rangers. I guess since they got rid of Kasparaitis, they needed someone to fill the role as team douchebag.

Wow, remind me never to tick YOU off. :lol:

Good call on having this thread pinned BTW. Anyway, Avery is a perfect fit for the scumbag Rangers. I guess since they got rid of Kasparaitis, they needed someone to fill the role as team douchebag.

I would like you to explain this to me.

I still think a line of Avery - Gaustad - Mair would have been awesome. He has had some problems but if you believe in the leadership of Drury and Briere he shouldn;t cause any problems.

I still think a line of Avery - Gaustad - Mair would have been awesome. He has had some problems but if you believe in the leadership of Drury and Briere he shouldn;t cause any problems.

We need team players. Avery is not the kind of guy we need:

During the 2005 preseason Denis Gauthier of the Phoenix Coyotes bodychecked Kings forward Jeremy Roenick in a preseason game, giving Roenick a concussion. Avery's response was "I think it was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on, running around and playing tough and not back anything up," giving way to much controversy with the French-Canadian public. Avery also made news during the regular season when Georges Laraque of the Edmonton Oilers, a Black Canadian, claimed that Avery called him a "monkey" during an October 11, 2005 contest between the two teams. Avery was fined $1,000 by the NHL on November 15, 2005 for intentionally diving during a game, then was fined $1,000 more a day later after publicly ripping into the NHL's director of hockey operations Colin Campbell.

Near the end of the 2005-06 NHL season, the Kings decided to suspend Avery, stating that he would not be with the team for the remainder of the year. A source claimed Avery had an argument with assistant coach Mark Hardy after refusing to participate in a practice drill.

If you think for a second Lindy would put up with this kind of you're high. He'll have a honeymoon with the Rangers and he'll either disappear when it counts, or implode as the Rangers are wont to do.

Yep, I would point to his comments as evidence that he is, in fact, a piece of garbage/cancer to the locker room. Also, anyone who does push-ups as a celebration for a goal should have their face beaten in by the other team. There's no place for that kind of garbage in hockey, this isn't the NFL.

but he is dating elisha cuthbert. that means she might stop by for a game in buffalo every now and again. i'm just saying...

it's so true..

so very true..

He seems like a decent guy off the ice, he just plays with a mean streak on the ice.. Would I like to see him in Buffalo? Sure, I guess. But I don't think the Rangers got any better because of this trade..

but he is dating elisha cuthbert. that means she might stop by for a game in buffalo every now and again. i'm just saying...

Sorry, I had already called the seat next to her at every Sabres game if he would have come to Buffalo (and she is a huge hockey fan so she probably would have been there for alot of games)

We need team players. Avery is not the kind of guy we need:

If you think for a second Lindy would put up with this kind of you're high. He'll have a honeymoon with the Rangers and he'll either disappear when it counts, or implode as the Rangers are wont to do.

Some facts to back this up would be nice.

or saying a hit by Phoenix defenceman Denis Gauthier on Kings centre Jeremy Roenick "was typical of most French guys in our league with a visor on. running around and playing tough and not back anything up."

Avery later apologized. but was then accused of racism by Edmonton's Georges Laraque.

Avery also took a shot at his own union members on the competition committee (Rob Blake. Jarome Iginla. Trevor Linden and Brendan Shanahan) when he realized he could not appeal the diving fine.

Sounds like a real team guy... :blink:

TRADE http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195645&hubname=nhl

To Nashville: D Vitali Vishnevski

To Atlanta: C Eric Belanger

Atlanta has also claimed LW Denis Hamel off waivers from Ottawa.

Uh what's the deal with Belanger? 3 different teams in three days...and all three are going to be playoff teams. Very strange to see that.

Wow late-breaking trade tonight...literally. This thing wasn't announced until nearly 2 1/2 hours after the Calgary/Buffalo game

To Calgary:

C Wayne Primeau

D Brad Stuart

To Boston:

RW Chuck Kobasew

D Andrew Ference

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=195785&hubname=nhl

Good trade for Calgary. Kobasew was a bit of a bust, Stuart and Primeau are perfect for Calgary...a grinding center who can win faceoffs and a puck-moving defenseman. Things are starting to heat up early this year, its been a busy weekend.

Archived