Official NHL Trades Thread

Bmwolf21

Sources tell TSN the Nashville Predators have agreed to trade Scottie Upshall, Ryan Parent, a first round pick and a third round pick to the Philadelphia Flyers for Peter Forsberg.

I really like the trade for both teams, it was a very even deal. Of course that completely changes if Forsberg re-signs with PhilaDOLPHIA(as Kevin Sylvester would say) in the offseason. Nashville gets a tremendous impact player (if healthy) and Philly gets a great defensive prospect in Parent and hard-working winger in Upshall who still has a tremendous amount of upside. Also, throw on top of that a first round pick (the only crappy part being that it will be pick 28, 29, or 30). Damn you Philadelphia for getting a competent GM and trying to build from the inside. I am loving how terrible that team is this year though

Ok, a little crappy deal happened, just a FYI kind of thing.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196464&hubname=nhl

To Sharks: RW Alexander Korolyuk (again)

To Devils: 2007 3rd Round pick

Not much to say but Korolyuk is very fast and would fit right in with the "new" NHL. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing us get him since we have a bunch of injuries right now, although I am not sure of his salary. Either way, I doubt he ever plays a game for San Jose.

I really like the trade for both teams, it was a very even deal. Of course that completely changes if Forsberg re-signs with PhilaDOLPHIA(as Kevin Sylvester would say) in the offseason. Nashville gets a tremendous impact player (if healthy) and Philly gets a great defensive prospect in Parent and hard-working winger in Upshall who still has a tremendous amount of upside. Also, throw on top of that a first round pick (the only crappy part being that it will be pick 28, 29, or 30). Damn you Philadelphia for getting a competent GM and trying to build from the inside. I am loving how terrible that team is this year though

It's an awful lot to give up banking on the fact that Forsberg stays healthy.

Ok, a little crappy deal happened, just a FYI kind of thing.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=196464&hubname=nhl

To Sharks: RW Alexander Korolyuk (again)

To Devils: 2007 3rd Round pick

Not much to say but Korolyuk is very fast and would fit right in with the "new" NHL. Personally I wouldn't mind seeing us get him since we have a bunch of injuries right now, although I am not sure of his salary. Either way, I doubt he ever plays a game for San Jose.

And that disgusting Malakhov deal gets even worse. Now all of a sudden the sharks are bringing back one of the pieces they used to help the Devils out of cap hell?

this time, for a prospect. Those of you who thought he was an important piece of the Sabres puzzle, well, you must now bow down to those of us who knew better.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/news_story/?ID=197567&hubname=nhl

I'm lookin' at you, DeLuca.

Yet a playoff team thought he was important enough to trade for? He makes the Thrashers better.

Also,

I was not the only one who felt that way about Zhitnik. A couple of guys named Ruff and Regier felt the same way and tried everything to sign him.

So here's looking right back at ya! :nana:

Sources tell TSN that forward Keith Tkachuk has waived his no-trade clause and has been dealt to the Atlanta Thrashers. In exchange, the Thrashers gave up a first-round pick and a third-round pick in the 2007 Entry Draft, a second-round pick in 2008 and centre Glen Metropolit.

That's a lot to give up for Tkachuk, IMO. If that's the asking price for guys like Tkachuk, Forsberg and Guerin, then I would bet that Darcy won't do much more than add a depth player or two at the deadline. I can't see him giving up that much for a rental player.

That's a lot to give up for Tkachuk, IMO. If that's the asking price for guys like Tkachuk, Forsberg and Guerin, then I would bet that Darcy won't do much more than add a depth player or two at the deadline. I can't see him giving up that much for a rental player.

Wow, I heard the asking prices were going to be steep this year at the deadline, but man that is a ton to give up on a rental player.

Atlanta gives away:

C Glenn Metropolit

1st round pick in 2007

3rd round pick in 2007

2nd round pick in 2008

and if Tkachuk signs w/St.Louis in the offseason, a conditional 1st rounder in 2008

wow, now I almost hope the Sabres do nothing, that is ridiculous

Archived