The Buffalo Sabres WILL NOT win the cup....

navybillsfan

After watching last nights game, this team needs some vet help....

Darcy needs to go shopping if we are going to have a chance at winning a cup this year.

Kotalik is this teams weakest link... Piss poor playing and dumb mistakes

Max is doing nothing right now, everything with him is show boating, he needs to use his speed and set himself up for quick breaks and 2 on 1's.

Miller can make some great saves but gives up some very weak goals.

The D needs some more help!

Biron makes over 2 million, he needs to be traded and lets get something in return for him! VALUE is the key here!

The TC situation is just way too jello. nobody knows what this guys status is. He is collecting a 2 million dollar paycheck that this team can use for other players. He may not be in playing shape by playoff time. On top of that, if he pulls "I got headaches" in April-May and we didnt get any help during the trade deadline, we could be in trouble....

Darcy needs to look at what Carolina did last year. Put up some help and some vet leadership!

We have the team to win it all with a little help, I hope Darcy does not come out with that classic line of "I like the players that we have" bull$%^

Max is doing nothing right now, everything with him is show boating, he needs to use his speed and set himself up for quick breaks and 2 on 1's.

Oh Christ! Kotalik was one of our best players last night. He showed up, played hard and set up a goal.

Max is Max. I think trading him might get us something nice in return, but I'd trade him only if we got somethng worthwhile. He had a bad playoffs last year, so who knows, maybe more of same this year or maybe he really wants to blot out that memory with a good playoff year.

Miller played outstanding. None of those goals were his fault and he kept us in the game.

Max has this playoff to prove he's worthy of keeping longterm. Being great in the regular season is fine and dandy, but he needs to step up in the playoffs this year.

IF not, he will be one to move imo. I love max and hope he plays awesome this playoffs.

We do need to make a deal or two, for some veteran help. Gotta have some guys who've been there.

OK, enough with the scapegoating of Kotalik! For God's sake, he was one of the only guys that played a strong game last night. If you want to rip on people, start with Kalinin and his giveaways, Max's giveaways the other night, and where has Campbell been lately? There are many other players who are to blame for recent bad games. Also, with the exception of the second goal, how were the other 2 Miller's fault? One goes off of Kalinin's skate and the other should have been blown dead. Man oh man, since when did Kotalik become the worst player in franchise history?

After watching last nights game, this team needs some vet help....

Darcy needs to go shopping if we are going to have a chance at winning a cup this year.

The D needs some more help!

Biron makes over 2 million, he needs to be traded and lets get something in return for him! VALUE is the key here!

The TC situation is just way too jello. nobody knows what this guys status is. He is collecting a 2 million dollar paycheck that this team can use for other players. He may not be in playing shape by playoff time. On top of that, if he pulls "I got headaches" in April-May and we didnt get any help during the trade deadline, we could be in trouble....

Darcy needs to look at what Carolina did last year. Put up some help and some vet leadership!

We have the team to win it all with a little help, I hope Darcy does not come out with that classic line of "I like the players that we have" bull$%^

Your posts on the Bills forum provide some perspective, so I'm not taking you too seriously. But:

Darcy can't "go shopping"; he only can hope a decent deal comes around (assuming the Sabres actually need one).

Kotalik IS making some mistakes, but he actually looked ok against the Devils.

Max is not a showboater; his defensive play (which is counterintuitive for him) should demonstrate that. Take off your bias-glasses and watch his game.

Miller: "Miller can make some great saves but gives up some very weak goals" Wait, where have I heard that before? Oh, it was everyone last year, but they meant Biron. Look: Hasek is gone. Live with it. Miller is great. Biron is good. Neither should be traded. Don't be stupid.

The D needs help. And Congress needs dollars. Next.

And now, after you don't like Miller, you want Biron gone. Whatever it is that's in your bong, I want some. The way the NHL rules go, is, every team needs at least one goaltender. Hopefully two, in case the one guy gets hurt. If both are good, even better. But you need at least one. I know, you're inflammatory, so you think we should package up Miller, Biron, and Kotalik for, say, Roenick and Roloson in some sort of three-way psychosis. I say, stop, think, and when you're done scratching your head, just go to sleep or something.

The Connolly situation--whether or not he's "jello" (the best metaphor in your post)--doesn't matter. The team is planned around his absence for a reason. Hopefully he comes back, but I doubt Regier and Ruff banked on it.

The Sabres can win it all if they just strap one on. It has nothing to do with Darcy making moves now (his off-season will be difficult enough this year) and everything to do with the team doing everything the best they can.

I question your teams heart seems like you guys agree,,,,Lindy is sometime clueless.....great team coached poorly.....all the best! LETS GO DEVILS!!!!!!!!

Hahah yea the longest-tenured coach in the league really doesn't know how to manage the team <_< He's only gotten us to the playoffs 5/8 years, including a trip to the ECF in his first year and a trip to the Stanley Cup Finals in his second (and arguably a trip to the finals again last year, had we not been absolutely decimated by injuries). Plus our team has been fantastic in the 1 1/2 seasons post-lockout. Ugh. :death:

Wow...seems the window-lickers are migrating to our board...

I know some of the regulars (myself included) are getting ready to hit the panic button, but I think this team, with a couple minor tweaks, is still a viable Cup contender. I'm not ready to go looking for a new goaltender, new coach and 5-6 new forwards because of the slump...

Ya know this team is allowed to lose a game here or there. We have won 2 out of the last 3, and minus the first 5 minutes of the 3rd we played a very decent game against jersey. This team is still tops in the east and I do hope they break this funk, but I'm not touching the panic button until they start plummeting in the standings, I have a real good feeling about the next 2 games. Miller has proven after a crappy outting he comes back stronger I expect 2 very hard fought wins the next 2 games.

Ya know this team is allowed to lose a game here or there. We have won 2 out of the last 3, and minus the first 5 minutes of the 3rd we played a very decent game against jersey. This team is still tops in the east and I do hope they break this funk, but I'm not touching the panic button until they start plummeting in the standings, I have a real good feeling about the next 2 games. Miller has proven after a crappy outting he comes back stronger I expect 2 very hard fought wins the next 2 games.

While we may have won 2 of 3, we've also lost 4 of 6.

Your posts on the Bills forum provide some perspective, so I'm not taking you too seriously. But:

Darcy can't "go shopping"; he only can hope a decent deal comes around (assuming the Sabres actually need one).

Kotalik IS making some mistakes, but he actually looked ok against the Devils.

Max is not a showboater; his defensive play (which is counterintuitive for him) should demonstrate that. Take off your bias-glasses and watch his game.

Miller: "Miller can make some great saves but gives up some very weak goals" Wait, where have I heard that before? Oh, it was everyone last year, but they meant Biron. Look: Hasek is gone. Live with it. Miller is great. Biron is good. Neither should be traded. Don't be stupid.

The D needs help. And Congress needs dollars. Next.

And now, after you don't like Miller, you want Biron gone. Whatever it is that's in your bong, I want some. The way the NHL rules go, is, every team needs at least one goaltender. Hopefully two, in case the one guy gets hurt. If both are good, even better. But you need at least one. I know, you're inflammatory, so you think we should package up Miller, Biron, and Kotalik for, say, Roenick and Roloson in some sort of three-way psychosis. I say, stop, think, and when you're done scratching your head, just go to sleep or something.

The Connolly situation--whether or not he's "jello" (the best metaphor in your post)--doesn't matter. The team is planned around his absence for a reason. Hopefully he comes back, but I doubt Regier and Ruff banked on it.

The Sabres can win it all if they just strap one on. It has nothing to do with Darcy making moves now (his off-season will be difficult enough this year) and everything to do with the team doing everything the best they can.

Remind me not to get on your bad side. :cry:

Yes. This team is good enough to win the cup, but to get out of the east, they are going to need to beat good teams, which won't happen with efforts like we got the other night vs NJ. I was pretty disappointed with that effort. I thought NJ just wanted it more than we did.

Hey everyone, my first time posting here. I do think NJ wanted it more than us, but it seems like recently the other team just wants it more in the third period. They've got games against ATL, OTT, CAL, and EDM coming up. Hopefully Spacek will be back soon, and maybe Jiri will be back to replace Peters.

I'm not happy with the play of this team over the last 30 days or so, but to say the Sabres are NOT going to win the cup is a reach. The Sabres have as much talent in all areas as any team in the league and if they put forth the effort and Miller gets hot, they will be a force to be reckoned with in their quest for the cup.

That being said, if the effort is not there come playoff time, this season will come to a very quick halt.

GO SABRES!!!

Hey everyone, my first time posting here. I do think NJ wanted it more than us, but it seems like recently the other team just wants it more in the third period. They've got games against ATL, OTT, CAL, and EDM coming up. Hopefully Spacek will be back soon, and maybe Jiri will be back to replace Peters.

Hey, welcome to the board! That is an interesting point, because this used to be a team which took pride in strong 3rd periods to get wins. We really could use one of those miraculous 3rd periods to light the fire under these guys again. But the bottom line is SOMEBODY needs to step it up and put these guys in line. We are supposed to have some great on-ice leaders...lets make it happen and get 4 lines rolling again. That's how we win, skill and determination.

I would imagine since they are back to back Miller and Marty will split the series. Miller looked very sharp his last start against Atlanta, so I would put him in.

Yep, I'd give Miller Atlanta and Marty Ottawa.

There is NO WAY I would start Marty against Atlanta as they are his own personal brand of kryptonite. (Were Miller to be hurt / sick prior to a game against Atlanta, I'd put in Dennis. Seriously.)

Me thinks this next stretch of ATL, OTT, CAL, and EDM are going to be a good test. The all-star game is gone, teams are catching up after the fast start. Mid-Feb and we need to start beating some of the better teams in the league, especially Ottawa, after the last several, dredful games with them. If we go 1-3, then it looks like the slump from January isn't stopping. The trigger may need to get pulled on a deal.

The Sabres are still one of the favourites to win the cup. I look at Toronto this year who shouldn't be winning any games considering their talent level and player injuries (Peca/Tucker) and yet they pull of victories over Buffalo/Montreal and Ottawa. Desperation is a dangerous adversary and we are heading into that stretch where the Sabres will be playing desperate teams. Last year...we were the desperate team to make the playoffs and it propelled us to that end. I wouldn't argue that a trade for a gritty veteran forward might not get these guys going but I think as the season wears down to the end this team wil find it's touch again as they re-focus on play-off positioning.

Errr...I hope :)

Archived