The Buffalo Sabres WILL NOT win the cup....

navybillsfan

Of course, we might add a pretty good player in March:

The Buffalo Sabres were split into three dressing rooms Monday at the Atlanta IceForum, but the talk was the same in all of them.

"Timmy looked good out there."

Tim Connolly skated with all his teammates for the first time this season, and the center created a positive impression.

"For not being on the ice too often, he looked pretty damn good," left wing Andrew Peters said.

Connolly, who skated with about half the squad Saturday during the morning skate in New Jersey, joined everyone for noncontact drills at the start and end of practice Monday. His passes in the half-speed workouts were on the mark, and he showed his renowned flair for puckhandling while shooting at the goaltenders.

A member of the Sabres media relations staff again said Connolly was unavailable to talk to the media. But his teammates were quick to give each other their thoughts.

"Anytime you add that kind of talent to the lineup, it's an unbelievable boost to the team," Peters said. "Even Timmy at 60 to 70 percent is still a pretty unbelievable addition. I'm just excited to have him back in the room. It's great seeing him.

"I think everybody believed he was going to be back."

Connolly is still about two months from playing, but he's going to be a fixture until then.

"I anticipate him traveling with us for the rest of the year," coach Lindy Ruff said. "He's progressing."

-- From the Buff. News today.

Not a silver bullet for all that ails the boys, but potentially a nice addition to the pool of forwards. And also someone who makes the players around him better.

Of course, we might add a pretty good player in March:

"Anytime you add that kind of talent to the lineup, it's an unbelievable boost to the team," Peters said. "Even Timmy at 60 to 70 percent is still a pretty unbelievable addition. I'm just excited to have him back in the room. It's great seeing him.

I just hope all attempts to improve this team aren't thwarted by the anticipation of our savior Timmy.

Archived