GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

7:00pm

it's november, and the sabres finished off a dissapointing October by leaving one single point on the table... geez, its going to be a long season!

just kidding...

however, they did not win that last game outright... I'd love for them to win convincingly against the bruins tomorrow night. The defense now will have one full game under its belt with paetsch in and tallinder out. Miller will be pissed about the game last week. The boys will be rested. IT's now time to roll. 4-1 buffalo

Boston surprised Ottawa Saturday night beating them 2-1. This came on the heals of Ottawa smashing Toronto in two straight games. Ottawa had a 5-3 PP chance against Boston and couldn't cash in. Then Chara came back to haunt them scoring the game winner. I was reading the Ottawa site before the game and no one saw that coming. Boston should be dealt with, but not taken lightly.

I am glad they had such a long time off after the loss. Give them plenty of time to get fired up. For those of us with CI, tomorrow will mark an important part of the season. After tomorrow night's game we only have to watch NESN 6 more times. :nana:

Won't we get the MSG feed for the home games? I can't stand the Boston feed. (Only time I purposely miss the anthem singing!) :cry:

Won't we get the MSG feed for the home games? I can't stand the Boston feed. (Only time I purposely miss the anthem singing!) :cry:

There seems to be a pecking order of which feeds end up on CI. Someone posted last year that it goes by how much each network charges for their feed, and if the parent cable company wants their broadcasts part of a national package (at least for DirecTV). Thus the reason Phlyers feeds are almost never on CI. It definitely isn't strictly using the home / away team's feed. Being in Ra-cha-cha, I don't know which feeds out-of-towners get for which games, but I recall a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding the the Sabres - Bruins games last year.

So, unfortunately, my guess is you'll get the Brick and Jack far more often than anyone should be forced to listen to them.

There seems to be a pecking order of which feeds end up on CI. Someone posted last year that it goes by how much each network charges for their feed, and if the parent cable company wants their broadcasts part of a national package (at least for DirecTV). Thus the reason Phlyers feeds are almost never on CI. It definitely isn't strictly using the home / away team's feed. Being in Ra-cha-cha, I don't know which feeds out-of-towners get for which games, but I recall a lot of wailing and gnashing of teeth regarding the the Sabres - Bruins games last year.

So, unfortunately, my guess is you'll get the Brick and Jack far more often than anyone should be forced to listen to them.

I remember reading that as well. If I remember right NESN is one of the cheaper networks, and MSG one of the more expensive. Last year we ended up with all NESN. At least all of the games I saw..which was 7 of the 8. Couldn't help the last one, I was out of town and didn't have a slingbox then.

I was at the Bruins-Sabres game a couple of weeks ago and we rolled to a 6-2 win without even playing particularly good hockey. I think this is a good opponent to "get back to work" with. I wouldn't even worry at all about it being on the road. The Fleet Center was a virtual crypt for most of the game except for all of the Sabres fans in attendance.

Unless we really lay an egg, this could be another 4-1 or 5-2 type games.

W/L Trends

Buffalo

* Sabres are 6-0 in their last 6 road games.

* Sabres are 5-0 in their last 5 games playing on 3 or more days rest.

* Sabres are 16-3 in their last 19 games as a favorite of -151 to -200.

* Sabres are 5-1 in their last 6 games as a favorite.

* Sabres are 23-6 in their last 29 vs. Northeast.

* Sabres are 18-5-2 in their last 25 after allowing 5 goals or more in their previous game.

* Sabres are 7-2 in their last 9 games as a road favorite.

* Sabres are 10-4 in their last 14 when their opponent allows 2 goals or less in their previous game.

* Sabres are 58-25 in their last 83 vs. Eastern Conference.

* Sabres are 65-29 in their last 94 overall.

* Sabres are 42-19-2 in their last 63 vs. a team with a losing record.

Boston

* Bruins are 5-11 in their last 16 games as a home underdog.

* Bruins are 11-27 in their last 38 vs. Northeast.

* Bruins are 2-5 in their last 7 home games.

* Bruins are 18-45 in their last 63 games as an underdog.

* Bruins are 8-21 in their last 29 games following a win.

* Bruins are 2-6 in their last 8 games as an underdog of +151 to +200.

* Bruins are 7-24 in their last 31 overall.

* Bruins are 4-14 in their last 18 after scoring 2 goals or less in their previous game.

* Bruins are 6-23 in their last 29 vs. Eastern Conference.

* Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 vs. a team with a winning % above .600.

* Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 games playing on 3 or more days rest.

* Bruins are 1-4 in their last 5 when their opponent allows 5 goals or more in their previous game.

* Bruins are 1-11 in their last 12 after allowing 2 goals or less in their previous game.

Well, what I should look for? (outside of the 29 Sabres jersey)

Perreault hat. That's about it.

Do you have a screen capture?

No, but my brother did tape the game since he couldn't watch it live. They showed me celebrating a goal while wearing my white Perreault jersey, so it was no big deal. They just need to show me again since the team has never lost a game when I appeared on tv.

yeah, that was a very bad period for the sabres. luckily, Miller has kept them in the game. i'm fairly confident that the sabres will find their legs in the 2nd, and hopefully open things up a little. they can't afford to let the bruins hang around.