GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

my mom noticed too... that guy really needs to do himself a favor and either shave the stache or grow a goatee.

Even better was the couple sitting directly behind the Bruin bench. The guy looked like the coach, only with a hair piece. It looked like a really bad Phil Hartman character on SNL. It was probably his brother.

Even better was the couple sitting directly behind the Bruin bench. The guy looked like the coach, only with a hair piece. It looked like a really bad Phil Hartman character on SNL. It was probably his brother.

And did you see the look on the woman's face when they called the Bruins for diving? She looked confused and in utter disbelief. She looked like she needed someone to tell her how on Earth a Bruin can dive since that is only in Buffalo's bag o' tricks. I found her wondering look very humerous for some reason.

I did like her husband's very vintage looking Bruin jersey with the 75th anniversary patch on it.

Few more thoughts:

1. Did anyone get a close look at the high sticking? I didn't see Gaustad's stick hit his face. It looked to me like Chara got cut when Gaustad's helmet hit him.

2. I was glad to see Mara finally get called for a penalty. He has grabbing on to everyone tonight.

3. Was it really necessary for them to say it was ironic that the Bruins got called for a dive since the Sabres are known to be divers. I have 2 problems with that:

a. Most of the Sabres reputation comes from the Bruins.

b. Even if the Sabres are divers, that doesn't mean that the Bruins can't be called for diving.

Probably, because when they are doing Bruins games they are a couple of %!%#!@bags.

What's truly funny about that is, Jim and Rick were both saying they didn't think he dove. Can you even IMAGINE Brick and whoever else is paid by (Buffalo resident) Jeremy Jabobs to EVER say that a Sabre called for a dive against their beloved Bruins didn't really dive?

I know a lot of non-Sabres fans can't stand Rick & Jim because they are OBVIOUSLY Sabres fans. But at least they call them as they see them. If the Sabres catch a break, they point it out. And if the players are not having a good night, they call them out on that too. They pointed out tonight that the Sabres could not hold onto their sticks and several of the drops were not due to Boston taking liberties. Would you EVER hear the reverse on NESN? We all know the answer to both questions, so don't even bother.

I was questioning Ruff (not that I'm the only one guilty of that) for putting out the checking line with 2 minutes to go, but they came up big. Gaustad got away with one, but I feel no sympathy for Chara cause he gets a free pass for clocking people in the face because of his height.

I loved how it went down. Gaustad was skating into the zone trying to go to the net, gets some interference from some lug d-man, looks up and notices its Chara and proceeds to blast him in the face. :lol:

A couple of game thoughts...

-Kotalik along with most of the team(except for Max) were so pitiful for the first 50 minutes, that I wanted to leave them in Boston. I hope this kick starts Kotalik because he has been below average for the most part of the earl season.

-Lydman was brutal again, but this is the same way he started out last season before become very solid. Here's hoping for the same results as last year.

-Paetsch and Campbell should not be together. Put one with Teppo and the other with Kalinin.

-There are not many teams over the course of a season that come back from a 3 goal deficit with less than 10 minutes to go. Kudos to the Sabres for coming back against a Bruin team that is not good.

GREAT WIN!!!

Did the crowd look as pathetic on tv as it did live? They couldn't have topped 10K in attendance last night.

Anyway, I'd love to say that I was surprised by the comeback, but I know this team too well now and I fully expected it. After the 4th goal, the Bruins fans started chanting overrated (nevermind the fact that the only rating system in the NHL is total points :wallbash: ). I turned to the group behind me and said "just wait". Unfortunately, those people refused to wait and left at the 10 minute mark. The place emptied out a bit, but not one Sabres fan left, we know better.

Were there any comments on tv about bad ice? Things didn't look right out there at all. Passing was horrible on both sides (far worse for us). Players looked really slow. Hell, even the refs looked slow, getting in the way of so many pucks (reminded me of the 300+ lb ref we have in my men's league who I have nicknamed Koharski).

-Lydman was brutal again, but this is the same way he started out last season before become very solid. Here's hoping for the same results as last year.

-Paetsch and Campbell should not be together. Put one with Teppo and the other with Kalinin.

The d pairings seemed out of synch for most of the game, esp. Lydman and Spacek

(perhaps Spacek's worst game?)

Of the 6 I thought Campbell and Paetsch played the best.

Did the crowd look as pathetic on tv as it did live? They couldn't have topped 10K in attendance last night.

The place was absolutely dead. The concourses were empty... but a lot of Sabres fans!

In between the 2nd and 3rd, we had time for a bathroom break, the beer line and a seat upgrade from the balcony to just behind the net (where we had a great view! :D ) and didn't miss any action.

I know a lot of non-Sabres fans can't stand Rick & Jim because they are OBVIOUSLY Sabres fans. But at least they call them as they see them. If the Sabres catch a break, they point it out. And if the players are not having a good night, they call them out on that too. They pointed out tonight that the Sabres could not hold onto their sticks and several of the drops were not due to Boston taking liberties. Would you EVER hear the reverse on NESN? We all know the answer to both questions, so don't even bother.

FWIW, the color guy did say he thought the one breakaway in the 3r period was clean poke by Miller and stick on stick contact by the Sabre. Sorry, don't remember the names, but there was a lot of booing going on.