GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Corp000085

Well, unless they start skating anytime soon, this one looks done.

Christ almighty they stink tonight.

i had totally forgotten the nights when the sabres just looked horrible... i'm reminded tonight. although, we've got a PP to start the 3rd. 3-1 boston after 2

They really need to score on this PP to start the third ... Boston is smothering them, and the defense has completely misplayed both 2-on-1s that ended up in the net. Not that they even deserve to be tied. Not a huge shock considering the long layoff ... ridiculous to sit for almost a week and then play 7 games in 9 nights or whatever it is.

2 Thoughts:

1. I thought NESN's team couldn't get any more obnoxious. They can and do when the Bruins are winning.

2. Is it me, or have the Bruins got away with a lot of clutching and grabbing tonight?

Glad I wasn't the only one thinking this. I was coming on here to post just that fact but forgot I am on about 8 minutes DVR delay as I paused it earlier.

I was thinking this looked just like an old NHL game. Until the last few minutes of the second period, the total penalties in this game bore that fact out.

2. Is it me, or have the Bruins got away with a lot of clutching and grabbing tonight?

Yep, IMO it looks like a pre-Lockout game out there...lots of stuff (both ways) being ignored byt he stripes. It seems more evident when you are used to everything being called then nothing is being called.

They're just not skating. No transition game whatsoever, and giving Boston a ton of odd-man rushes.

Not skating is the tip of the iceberg tonight. A lot of standing around, not winning battles for loose pucks, not in position when we lose a battle, passes aren't sharp, mishandling the puck...

But they can still salvage the night with a strong 3rd... :thumbsup:

I put 2 of the goals tonight on Spacek. The first goal he should have played the pass. The second Boston goal as well. There is no reason to take that penalty. Miller can handle himself on breakaways. If you can really impede the scoring chance, then go ahead, and take the penalty. But Kessel still got the scoring chance and the PP.

I put 2 of the goals tonight on Spacek. The first goal he should have played the pass. The second Boston goal as well. There is no reason to take that penalty. Miller can handle himself on breakaways. If you can really impede the scoring chance, then go ahead, and take the penalty. But Kessel still got the scoring chance and the PP.

I don't know about your first one...when they showed the "end zone" camera angle, it looked like Novotny was about to catch up with the goal scorer but gave up a few steps away. And you can also clearly see Spacek point out the pass as what he needed Novotny to cover.

Not skating is the tip of the iceberg tonight. A lot of standing around, not winning battles for loose pucks, not in position when we lose a battle, passes aren't sharp, mishandling the puck...

yea wtf, did they party all week or what?

and the bruins cast sucks...a bunch of whiners, it seems that buffalo broadcasts are few and far between on the center ice pack

HIT SOMEBODY PLEASE!!!