Wanna See The New Jersey Now?!?

PTS

LQ a lying sack of #%^$#!? I think almost everyone who has posted on this thread so far is a sack of #%^$#! (Fushetti is still the man.) You are all behaving just the way that Larry, Curly and Moe thought you would. Now go buy some merchandise, you #%^$#!ing lemmings.

And, yeah, I'm sure the jersey was accidentally leaked. Sure. Like it was the first time. If you believe that, I have a signature Peace Bridge to sell you.

Actually, kudos to Larry for a brilliant plan: leak the logo first, take the heat early and hope the fans fold up their tents in September. Check. Check. And check. He's so brilliant, you wonder why the waterfront isn't one of the greatest in the United States.

Oh well. Go Sabres.

P.S. Regarding colors, you computer geeks STILL don't know what the colors look like -- turn off your monitors, go outside and take a deep breath of the real world for a change.

So we're not entitled to our own opinions?

LQ a lying sack of #%^$#!? I think almost everyone who has posted on this thread so far is a sack of #%^$#! (Fushetti is still the man.) You are all behaving just the way that Larry, Curly and Moe thought you would. Now go buy some merchandise, you #%^$#!ing lemmings.

And, yeah, I'm sure the jersey was accidentally leaked. Sure. Like it was the first time. If you believe that, I have a signature Peace Bridge to sell you.

Listen, there is no doubt they leaked it on purpose. I still hate the fact they did not just go back to the old one, and I wish they had some actual sabres on this thing. But I can't deny it looks better than I expected. I'm not going to sit here and rail against it just on the principle that I am mad they didn't do exactly what I wanted. By now I am pretty well used to not getting exactly what I want.

If that makes me a "#%^$#!ing lemming" or a "sack of #%^$#!" well, so be it I guess. I'm not going to go off like a spoiled little kid who wants an Oreo and throws a tantrum when his mom gives him a Chips Ahoy. I still got a cookie, may as well enjoy it. We still got the blue and gold, and it looks better than I thought it would.

Well, we know now that LQ is a lying sack of s@%t. He said the leaked logo wasn't the final logo, but I just compared the slug on the layout with the slug on the jersey, and yep, it's exactly the same. If he's saying it's not the same because of the word mark, he must think people are incredibly stupid.

How long do you think it will be until a third-party manufacturer will make an Order of the Sluggalo hat a la The Flintstones? It could be a nice little Sabres backers organization headpiece.

It may just be the angle in the picture, but it looks like the buffalo doesn't curve quite as much as the original leaked logo did. It's not much, but I'd call that a slight improvement.

edit: Wait a second, the jersey number on the front right shoulder???

So we're not entitled to our own opinions?

Yes. But I'm entitled to call people out who said they despised the logo so much they wouldn't buy anything with the logo on it who are now pussing out and saying, "It's not that bad. Here's my credit card number." After all the grief LQ got, all the petitions, all the debate, to just cave in now is unbelievable. Why is it "not so bad" now? Because they surrounded it with some bells and whistles? Because people are finally realizing the colors are indeed blue and gold -- and not purple and piss yellow, something I and others with a PMS swatch book said at the very beginning?

Please, people, come to your senses. Don't buy this crap. Buy the vintage stuff. Or else we are going to be stuck with the slug for a long, long time. As Margaret Thatcher said to President Bush (the old man) before the Gulf War, "Don't go wobbly on me."

Yes. But I'm entitled to call people out who said they despised the logo so much they wouldn't buy anything with the logo on it who are now pussing out and saying, "It's not that bad. Here's my credit card number." After all the grief LQ got, all the petitions, all the debate, to just cave in now is unbelievable. Why is it "not so bad" now? Because they surrounded it with some bells and whistles? Because people are finally realizing the colors are indeed blue and gold -- and not purple and piss yellow, something I and others with a PMS swatch book said at the very beginning?

Please, people, come to your senses. Don't buy this crap. Buy the vintage stuff. Or else we are going to be stuck with the slug for a long, long time. As Margaret Thatcher said to President Bush (the old man) before the Gulf War, "Don't go wobbly on me."

Thank you. If you think that flagellate isn't so bad, wait until you see it on a white background.

A legless buffalo? Are you fukkin' kidding me? It's like something from the people who brought us Power Rangers.

I was on your side fighting the good fight with you for so long this offseason, it was a good fight but I feel it has come to an end with this.

I never hated the logo as bad as everyone here does, and to be honest, I think it looks pretty good on the jersey.

Now after reading all these posts bashing people for liking it or telling us that if we don't buy them they will have to change back, it makes me want to max out all my credit cards and take out mortgages to buy as much of it as I can just to make sure this logo stays for a long time

Yep.

Remember people, even if the blue sweaters have an awesome design, and it looks like they might (can't tell for certain from the 1 photo that I've seen), they still have a giant snot smear across the front of them.

That same snot smear will be shown hanging out on its own on "On the Fly", "Sportscenter", "Sportscentre", and all the others. It also will have to stand alone in THN and every hockey related website out there. Hopefully Scott remains a bastion of reason in a sea of stupidity, so we don't have to see it here every day, but it's going to be darn near everywhere else. I don't recall seeing a lot of good comments about seeing the snot smear at center ice, it's going to look that bad everywhere else. The only place where I've seen it even come close to looking decent on it's own is that avatar someone put up here that only shows about 30% of the logo. I can honestly say, I don't hate the way that avatar looks (can't say I like it, but also can't say I hate it). That's the only place I've seen it, yet, that it doesn't look like a big snot smear.

If you really "love" the sweaters, buy a plain one that doesn't have a logo on it. Please. I am dead serious. If we can hold out for ~2 years, there's a good chance we will get a GOOD logo on what appears to be pretty decent duds.

To me, seeing that the unis MAY look very good minus the snot smear makes the snot smear all that more disappointing. I guess the way I have to look at it is, the Sabres saved me a few hundred $'s in merchandise that I will not purchase. I would absolutely have gotten a Proweight Spacek this year and probably would have gotten my wife a sweater (not sure which player, probably Briere or Max) and gotten my oldest a Miller (non-proweight).

Well first off just for the record, I only counted 2 people so far who actually came out and said they'd buy the thing. Saying the jersey design is not that bad doesn't imply that we're all going to rush out and buy the damn thing.

Second of all, how does buying a 3rd jersey even help? The Sabres are still going to make money from jersey sales, and that can be spun by Larry Q into "Our jersey sales are up this year and the public likes the new design and the new jerseys."

Listen,

Some of the people here need to calm down. You don't have to come on a message board and start screaming out expletives at people and calling them names.

In my opinion I like the framework of the jersey itself and would consider buying one only to remove the slug and sew on my old emblem off of my original blue and gold jersey.

For all of the no sword naysayers, look closer or blow up the picture. I see a sword or sabre on the left shoulder.

Where is the word mark we've all heard about? I bet the thing Larry was talking about as far as being different from any other jersey in the league may be the number on the front. I personally was hoping for a circle hologram with the sabres crossed around the slug.

All in all I absolutely hated the decade we had to endure the Devils colors being worn by our Sabres. I don't own any black and red merchandise and as I see it I've boycotted the change to the goat and will no longer do so. I didn't like the Goat and I don't like the slug but I am extremely happy that we've got our blue and gold back and are guaranteed ownership for a long time to come.

Go SABRES!

Well first off just for the record, I only counted 2 people so far who actually came out and said they'd buy the thing. Saying the jersey design is not that bad doesn't imply that we're all going to rush out and buy the damn thing.

Second of all, how does buying a 3rd jersey even help? The Sabres are still going to make money from jersey sales, and that can be spun by Larry Q into "Our jersey sales are up this year and the public likes the new design and the new jerseys."

Good post, but as I've said before, the Sabres will notice when (if) they have a warehouse full of slugalo jerseys and can't keep the 3rd jersey in stock. And with the new modern design, other teams, as well as the league & Rbk, will be watching to see how it sells, so they can determine whether to modernize the look of other teams' sweaters.

Listen,

Some of the people here need to calm down. You don't have to come on a message board and start screaming out expletives at people and calling them names.

In my opinion I like the framework of the jersey itself and would consider buying one only to remove the slug and sew on my old emblem off of my original blue and gold jersey.

For all of the no sword naysayers, look closer or blow up the picture. I see a sword or sabre on the left shoulder.

Where is the word mark we've all heard about? I bet the thing Larry was talking about as far as being different from any other jersey in the league may be the number on the front. I personally was hoping for a circle hologram with the sabres crossed around the slug.

All in all I absolutely hated the decade we had to endure the Devils colors being worn by our Sabres. I don't own any black and red merchandise and as I see it I've boycotted the change to the goat and will no longer do so. I didn't like the Goat and I don't like the slug but I am extremely happy that we've got our blue and gold back and are guaranteed ownership for a long time to come.

I, too like the framework of the jersey, not crazy about the # on the front, but can live with that - but I cannot stand the slug. LQ promised us it would look different from the leaked version; well, guess I am calling BULLSCHITT on that one. Hey Larry, remember that comment you made about "just wait, if you don't like the complete look, you can blame me"- well I hope you are ready for the boos...

And Jess, I (and a lot of other people) don't care if the sabre is the shoulder patch - it should be in the main logo - we are the Buffalo Sabres - not the Buffalo Buffalos.

Like Dave said, the Sabres just saved me a couple hundred dollars this year - I'll wait until the 3rd jersey matches up in color with the new ones.

PAsabrefan needs to calm down... like another member said, just because we said it's not as bad as we thought doesn't mean we will buy one or anything with the slug on it. All it means is that we may not look like the total clown team we thought we would look like.

I will continue buying vintage blue and gold merch... I didn't buy any red and black merch and it still took 10 years to change, but I will still probably not buy any slug merch. So once again, PA settle down. I don't recall reading any posts that said they are going to buy one of everything come saturday.

They look good for the most part OH wait whats the huge ulgy thing on the center of it... Also those numbers look stupid too but maybe they will grow on me. I enjoy the blue and gold colors they went with... Let's face it we will be the joke of the NHL until this thing is gone.

Archived