Wanna See The New Jersey Now?!?

PTS

I am calling BS on this. That is not the new sweater.

First off, some of you pointed out inconsistancies between this and what LQ made claims of. Instead of being skeptical about a jersey posted on line, you claim LQ was not honest.

Next, the stripes on this do not match the stripes on the shorts. The shorts were grey and yellow, side by side, with NO white. Where's the grey in these? Why so much white and striping that is different than on the shorts?

No skewered B's on shoulders said Quinn, yet there is the handle of one. Wordmark, says Quinn (and Dope and the Bullfrog), yet none here. Incomplete, says Quinn. What we saw was only part of the complete logo says Quinn. This is exactly what we saw.

Too many inconsistancies. I am not buying it. Talented people with photoshop/illustrator skills could easily fake this.

If wrong, I will gladly take my lumps.

First off, some of you pointed out inconsistancies between this and what LQ made claims of. Instead of being skeptical about a jersey posted on line, you claim LQ was not honest.

Next, the stripes on this do not match the stripes on the shorts. The shorts were grey and yellow, side by side, with NO white. Where's the grey in these? Why so much white and striping that is different than on the shorts?

No skewered B's on shoulders said Quinn, yet there is the handle of one. Wordmark, says Quinn (and Dope and the Bullfrog), yet none here. Incomplete, says Quinn. What we saw was only part of the complete logo says Quinn. This is exactly what we saw.

Too many inconsistancies. I am not buying it. Talented people with photoshop/illustrator skills could easily fake this.

If wrong, I will gladly take my lumps.

Interesting thoughts, and if it DID come from Sabres.com, maybe (hate to say this) PA is right - it might be a dupe or dummy to throw us off.

I agree with Weasel. Also, why would they have a picture of the jersey, but a countdown to the unveiling? A little backwards. One more thing. No way do they ACCIDENTLY leak this. OOPS, Joe Programmer ACCIDENTLY got ahold of jersey picture and ACCIDENTLY put it up on the internet.

I too, will take my lumps if it's the real deal.

I don't mind the jersey design, but the slug brings it down to a hideous level. I'm with a couple of others in that I'm sticking to my guns...I will buy nothing merchandise related that the slug is a part of. :angry:

How's that Bass Pro announcement coming Quinny...it's been any day now for two years. Go back to building arenas. <_<

I don't mind the jersey design, but the slug brings it down to a hideous level. I'm with a couple of others in that I'm sticking to my guns...I will buy nothing merchandise related that the slug is a part of. :angry:

How's that Bass Pro announcement coming Quinny...it's been any day now for two years. Go back to building arenas. <_<

I went into the WGR Audio Vault and listened to his smarmy, wise-ass answers when he came on the show with The Bulldog and Brad Riter, and can't get over his arrogance. Great job, Larry, managed to screw up what should have been a home run...

EDIT: I just got to the part where he made a comment about fans (alluding to those on message boards) feeling they were being mislead, and how they (the Sabres) didn't want that sentiment out there. He actually said "the integirty of what we are doing is important, and we'll re-group in September and roll out the whole look." Good job on the integirty of the new logo/uniform rollout, Larry - you guys look like a monkey banging a football. Constant leaks, denials, affirmations, impromptu press conferences - you couldn't have scripted this many screwups, so I have to wonder if we'll see anything that looks remotely like this logo/uniform or if they did indeed use this to throw us off the scent, so to speak.

Link here if interested in re-listening to his comments...

I agree with Weasel. Also, why would they have a picture of the jersey, but a countdown to the unveiling? A little backwards. One more thing. No way do they ACCIDENTLY leak this. OOPS, Joe Programmer ACCIDENTLY got ahold of jersey picture and ACCIDENTLY put it up on the internet.

I too, will take my lumps if it's the real deal.

Prepare to take your lumps boys! What actually happened was that they put it on the wbsite and only showed pieces of it. It said something to the effect of watch the pieces come together and it was going to slowly fill in as the coundown went down so it would be complete by Saturday. only problem was that you were able to manipulate how fast it filled in by right clicking on it and refreshing it. So it wasn't just accidently leaked! Once they realized this loophole they took it off. I saw it on the sabres.com site myself. It is not photoshopped.

May I add that I will be buying it. I like it. :D

EDIT: I just got to the part where he made a comment about fans (alluding to those on message boards) feeling they were being mislead, and how they (the Sabres) didn't want that sentiment out there. He actually said "the integirty of what we are doing is important, and we'll re-group in September and roll out the whole look." Good job on the integirty of the new logo/uniform rollout, Larry - you guys look like a monkey banging a football. Constant leaks, denials, affirmations, impromptu press conferences - you couldn't have scripted this many screwups, so I have to wonder if we'll see anything that looks remotely like this logo/uniform or if they did indeed use this to throw us off the scent, so to speak.

Yes, I think we have to call out LQ on the "integrity" deal. At the risk of beating a dead horse, er..duck, Anaheim did their new uni rollout the way it should have been done. The timing, the fan/player/ownership input, the open press conference. (You may not like their new look, but respect the way they did it). No "leaked" incomplete logos, no hastily called press conference, no appeasing disgruntled fans by offering up the old uniforms as the "third" jersey. I mean, the dang Sabres web site STILL has the old black and red scheme and training camp has just started. How the hell are the players or the fans supposed to embrace a new team identity when the management keeps playing hide-and-seek with the new look?

A couple of random thoughts:

First of all, out of all the major league sports teams (and probably minor leagues, too), this new logo looks the most like a banana slug (the one known exception is the University of California at Santa Cruz, whose logo IS the banana slug). It is bright yellow, has some sort of streak down the side, has two horn-like projections from its head and has no legs.

Second, yellow is the color of cowardice. By making the logo itself yellow, this has a bad connotation for the team. The original white buffalo (as one of the above posts pointed out) was white, to denote something special and honored above the norm.

Lastly, I love the Sabres - been a fan since day one and always will be. I hate that someone comes along and because of "market research" creates a logo that they THINK will sell rather than consult even a few of their longtime fans and get an opinion based on something other than how many bucks they think they can make (that's how we wound with up the the black and red goat's head).

I think the team ownership and management already knows they blew this one. Although I'm no gambler, I'm willing to bet that a replacement logo is in the works already and that the slug will go the way of the Islanders' fisherman after two seasons (which is the shortest time they can get away with under current NHL regulations). I would not doubt that the vintage jerseys will take on more prominence this year in the playoffs and that next season, the third jersey will be worn for over half the home games.

It will be very interesting on Saturday to see and hear the reaction when we finally, actually get to see what all the hullabaloo was about.

Oh, one last item: Suggestions for Rick Jeanneret exclamations after a Sabres' goal this season:

Sluggalicious!

Slugtastic!

Slugadelic!

-Ed ;)

Personally I don't care for the logo part of the jersey (looks too much like a St. Louis Rams) - the rest is fine.

Face it though, there was never going to be a design that was 100% loved by everyone (there are certainly people out there who didn't like the original blue & gold but they'd probably never admit it).

All I have to say is WHO CARES.. the boys could wear pink tutus and tiaras out there as long as they play hockey like they'd did last season! BRING ON THE SEASON!

I think the team ownership and management already knows they blew this one. Although I'm no gambler, I'm willing to bet that a replacement logo is in the works already and that the slug will go the way of the Islanders' fisherman after two seasons (which is the shortest time they can get away with under current NHL regulations). I would not doubt that the vintage jerseys will take on more prominence this year in the playoffs and that next season, the third jersey will be worn for over half the home games.

It will be very interesting on Saturday to see and hear the reaction when we finally, actually get to see what all the hullabaloo was about.

All good points, and I wanted to highlight that one - I really hope you are correct here. I also hope that reaction to the slug is at best lukewarm, so the news won't be playing it up like its universally loved.

Personally I don't care for the logo part of the jersey (looks too much like a St. Louis Rams) - the rest is fine.

Face it though, there was never going to be a design that was 100% loved by everyone (there are certainly people out there who didn't like the original blue & gold but they'd probably never admit it).

All I have to say is WHO CARES.. the boys could wear pink tutus and tiaras out there as long as they play hockey like they'd did last season! BRING ON THE SEASON!

They didn't need 100% approval - but instead of an updated logo, one that would have made MOST fans happy, they managed to whiff completely, earning disapproval from the majority (IMO.) Almost any of the celsius designs, and probably a half-dozen concepts would have been better that this logo. Hell, this slug would be passable if it were white instead of yellow and had the crossed sabres in there - or SOMETHING to represent the actual team name.

And really, you know who cares? I care, and so do a lot of people who want to show their support for their team by buying merchandise, and many of us feel like we were mislead. That slug logo is something a minor league or expansion team should be wearing, not a team with 30+ years of tradition. I don't disagree that the most important thing is how the team performs, but can you imagine what would happen if Toronto, Montreal, Detroit updated their logos in a similar manner? There would be near-riots in those cities. Why should we accept a crappy logo?

Absolutely! Just win a championship boys!! Thats what really matters to us diehard fans and the city of Buffalo.

..."getting used to it" , "bearable".....what a joke of a logo, people don't buy that crap. Or people buy that crap.

I love this jersey already. I wont lie, i was against the logo in the begining but after seeing the design, i am all for it.

The back and red is out and this is the Tommy G sabres and they are gonna be looking classy on the ice!!

Tommy G ? For real ? Maybe I should just watch the Bills instead.

25 internet message board posters are gonna be pretttty pissed , I personally hope this jersey design succeeds if for no other reason than just to spite all you crybabies.
You forgot to add us other 30,250 pissed off "crybaby" petition signers at fixthelogo.com :angry:

Seems to be a bit more than 25, wouldn't you say ??

25 internet message board posters are gonna be pretttty pissed :), I personally hope this jersey design succeeds if for no other reason than just to spite all you crybabies.

i'll second that, vegas.

and, hsoj, if you're going to take a poke at people who feel strongly about every aspect of the the team and franchise, i'd suggest first that you get your hands (remotely) around the facts.

anyway, i'll raise a glass (well, a cup of coffee at this hour) to all the "crybabies," who, i verily believe, will get this team into a sweater worthy of their tradition and future.

Things must be in pretty good shape if all people care about is a logo. :lol:

All I care about is if B-Rod is going to play up to the $5 million dollar price tag and where will the

teams toughness come from with McKee and Griere gone. Not to mention I want to see if the first

year wonders that came up big last season fall into a sophmore jinx.

As far as the logo? If it sells and increases the teams revenues to a point where thet can maintain the level of salary they are at now? I'll but two. ;)

Things must be in pretty good shape if all people care about is a logo. :lol:

All I care about is if B-Rod is going to play up to the $5 million dollar price tag and where will the

teams toughness come from with McKee and Griere gone. Not to mention I want to see if the first

year wonders that came up big last season fall into a sophmore jinx.

As far as the logo? If it sells and increases the teams revenues to a point where thet can maintain the level of salary they are at now? I'll but two. ;)

very well said.

19 days and counting...

Yes, I think we have to call out LQ on the "integrity" deal. At the risk of beating a dead horse, er..duck, Anaheim did their new uni rollout the way it should have been done. The timing, the fan/player/ownership input, the open press conference. (You may not like their new look, but respect the way they did it). No "leaked" incomplete logos, no hastily called press conference, no appeasing disgruntled fans by offering up the old uniforms as the "third" jersey. I mean, the dang Sabres web site STILL has the old black and red scheme and training camp has just started. How the hell are the players or the fans supposed to embrace a new team identity when the management keeps playing hide-and-seek with the new look?

A couple of random thoughts:

First of all, out of all the major league sports teams (and probably minor leagues, too), this new logo looks the most like a banana slug (the one known exception is the University of California at Santa Cruz, whose logo IS the banana slug). It is bright yellow, has some sort of streak down the side, has two horn-like projections from its head and has no legs.

Second, yellow is the color of cowardice. By making the logo itself yellow, this has a bad connotation for the team. The original white buffalo (as one of the above posts pointed out) was white, to denote something special and honored above the norm.

Lastly, I love the Sabres - been a fan since day one and always will be. I hate that someone comes along and because of "market research" creates a logo that they THINK will sell rather than consult even a few of their longtime fans and get an opinion based on something other than how many bucks they think they can make (that's how we wound with up the the black and red goat's head).

Oh, one last item: Suggestions for Rick Jeanneret exclamations after a Sabres' goal this season:

Sluggalicious!

Slugtastic!

Slugadelic!

-Ed ;)

I think the horse is dead. You can stop beating it.

25 internet message board posters are gonna be pretttty pissed :), I personally hope this jersey design succeeds if for no other reason than just to spite all you crybabies.

It will be interesting to see how it sells, to see if the seemingly universal hatred of the logo was just all talk. I'm afraid if this board is any indication, it was. Although the Sabres will certainly announce next week how great sales are of the new uniform, the proof will be on game night.

For everyone who says they will buy the uniform to support the team, why not just buy the throwback?! That's what this cheapskate is going to do. Anyone want to go halfsies? :)

Archived