Wanna See The New Jersey Now?!?

PTS

I was gonna post it but I was to busy passing it aound the office...

Im sorry but I think its damn funny that someone got it and posted it all over the place already... Sabres.com has already took it of the main page and removed the thread on the message boards.

ugh... the colours look better... the numbering looks ok too... logo is still crap but i guess when you do put it all toghther it sorta kinda bearable... if the jersey around the logo suits the logo itself then i will perhaps purchase one of the home jerseys... we will indeed have to see.

As far as I can tell, they picked the two most difficult colors to get right on the internet. Half the time the gold looks orange and half the time the blue looks purple or gray-blue. This time I see yellow and bluish-purple.

I've tried calibrating my monitors the best I can, but they rarely resemble navy and gold.

I'm sticking by my guns to not buy one of those.

But, I have to say, if some other team named the slugs had a jersey, that'd be a pretty tight jersey for them. I think the jersey looks amazing. The jersey is so good, it takes away from how bad the logo still sucks. I just don't get why the buffalo has to be yellow... why it has no feet. Imagine how hot that jersey would be if it was a real charging Buffalo. Oh well, I know thousands will fly off the shelves. I'll be buying the old #%^$#!.

Go Sabres.

You can try to justify these new jerseys all you want people but they are just plain ugly. The colors are good from what I can see but that logo is absolutely horrible. The should've used the modified version of the old logo.

I for one will not buy a new jersey, not the slug one anyway. I will buy an alternate if they are like the old school ones. If we buy them, then they'll keep them. That's the way I see it. :angry:

these don't look bad, seriously... but then you remember that we are THE SABRES and then it looks like crap. I don't think anyone would complain if we were the New York Buffaloes, the Buffalo Streak, or even the Buffalo Lightning... but we are the SABRES and that is why we all have a problem with them. Once again, if you are going to put a buffalo on the logo, don't make it the only thing... how did they not learn this with the demonic goathead??

I really wish they throw the original logo on there somewhere like the shoulders. I think the uniforum design is great but the logo is still the slug. Think how great that jersey will look with the original logo on it in a few years!!!

I really wish they throw the original logo on there somewhere like the shoulders. I think the uniforum design is great but the logo is still the slug. Think how great that jersey will look with the original logo on it in a few years!!!

Great post, SDS - pretty much my thoughts exactly...I am pleasantly surprised to see that the colors look great, and the design is pretty good (not crazy about the numbers on the front) BUT THERE IS STILL NO FREAKIN SABRE! How the fugg could we NOT have a Sabre in the Main Logo? LQ should be shot in the foot and left to limp around his office bleeding for days for passing this off on us.

BTW, one other thought - how tight would some of the celsius logos (particularly this one) be on that sweater layout? Way to drop the ball, larry...

Well, we know now that LQ is a lying sack of s@%t. He said the leaked logo wasn't the final logo, but I just compared the slug on the layout with the slug on the jersey, and yep, it's exactly the same. If he's saying it's not the same because of the word mark, he must think people are incredibly stupid.

How long do you think it will be until a third-party manufacturer will make an Order of the Sluggalo hat a la The Flintstones? It could be a nice little Sabres backers organization headpiece.

Not as bad as I thought it would be.

EDIT: I am pretty torn here. I am not a big fan of the logo, but I really do like the blue in that jersey.

A lot of people are saying not AS BAD as they thought. I agree, but I am saying still BAD because of that logo. It beats the crap out of the 3rd jersey of last year (red one with black hockey puck), I always hated that.

LQ a lying sack of #%^$#!? I think almost everyone who has posted on this thread so far is a sack of #%^$#! (Fushetti is still the man.) You are all behaving just the way that Larry, Curly and Moe thought you would. Now go buy some merchandise, you #%^$#!ing lemmings.

And, yeah, I'm sure the jersey was accidentally leaked. Sure. Like it was the first time. If you believe that, I have a signature Peace Bridge to sell you.

Actually, kudos to Larry for a brilliant plan: leak the logo first, take the heat early and hope the fans fold up their tents in September. Check. Check. And check. He's so brilliant, you wonder why the waterfront isn't one of the greatest in the United States.

Oh well. Go Sabres.

P.S. Regarding colors, you computer geeks STILL don't know what the colors look like -- turn off your monitors, go outside and take a deep breath of the real world for a change.

I like the layout of the jersey so far. Just not the logo. The more I look at it I just can't still like it. Just on it's own without comparing it other logos, it looks like it's some kind of mutant buffalo with horn fungus. Either it's growing out the middle of it's head or its just mutated with some kind off yellowing disease like you get on toe nails. So I guess overall it looks pretty good except for that one thing in the middle.

Archived