The New Sabres Logo Leaked

SDS

Others have referred to it as skunk-like, which is an apt description. The head is down and the back is arched, which is exactly how skunks slink around at night. And we seem to have a big ole striped tail, just like Pep? Le Pew. To the team's credit, the colors are very true to the original scheme. I have a PMS color chart and looked them up. You can't trust colors you see on your computer screen. But these are, indeed, original blue and gold colors.

That guy who made those logos is a close personal friend of mine...He's had contact with Quinn back in 2003 and the meeting went nowhere. They aren't happening even though they are tight.

If thats the new logo... I'm gonna be pissed. heheh. Buffalo with a mullet is right

I hope he is pissed. Looks like he did a ton of work on those concept jersey and logo designs. My hats off to him, much better that the crap we've seen so far. And I think those designers were PAID to do that work.

UGH!

Face it, If you want them to go back to the old logo and color, Hop in your time machine and go back to the Aud for a game, There is a slim to none chance they will go back to it. Just be glad that they went back to Blue and Gold like everyone is crying about.

No team is going to go back when it comes to uniforms (except the islanders cause somehow the new ones were offensive to them) The uniforms are just another form of marketing and another way to get your cash and they will go with what the general public will go out and buy. Chances are either of the designs that have been shown will sell and sell well. I still don't see a problem with the ones they have now (and I really like the 3rd jersey, thats why I bought one) Everyone thats crying that they have to go back to the original have to get over it, it isn't going to happen, maybe you can petition them in 5 years to change again and we can have a revolving uniform system in the organisation too, every 5 years a new design

Raleigh... Logos like the Canes have are so simple and so elegant and so classic, they will never go out of style, unlike the overdesigned SabreSkunk. They are powerful and recognizable and instantly make you think of the team, like the CH in Montreal and the Maple Leaf in Toronto and the crossed sabres in Buffalo. The Sabres had a chance to do something truly special -- and they blew it. Hopefully, this leak was designed to gauge fan opinion, and with fan opinion running very strongly against it, they have other designs in place.

almost looks like a bandits logo. I like the color return but not sure I like the looks of the thing but the snarling "goat" took a while to accept as well. I dont care what it is as long as it isnt lame like a big hurricane symbol in the middle of the jersey

I think the Canes jersey and the current Sabres jersey were neck and neck in the bottom five of the league. If these designs are legit then we have definitely fallen below the Canes. Just a putrid design.

Can't add much that has not already been said in this thread:

- Looks like a mullet on the Buffalo - it would be fitting that we would come up with that

- ok, i've giving up on my fight to see the old logo, but that is why i think the celsius design is sooo money. it utilizes the old logo and colors, but it modernizes it, without looking like something from a house-league hockey team

- lastly, and if these are the new jerseys, we might be the first team in both the NFL and NHL to simultaneously have the least-liked unis at one time...

I think they were confused and instead of updating the Sabres logo, they updated the "BUFFALO - Talkin' Proud!" Logo.

http://www.buffalorising.com/home/archives...n3wif-thumb.jpg

Maybe when they take the ice they can play:

"Sabres got the spirit, TALKIN' PROUD, TALKIN' PROUD!"

And all the bleach-blond Donnas can disco in the seats.

Is there any other pro-sports city that has two teams with nearly the same logo? If this is truly what we're getting stuck with, the Bills and Sabres have almost the same logo.

I'd rather stick with the angry goathead. I will not spend $100.00 for a new jersey if thats the logo.

Turning the current 3rd jersey into blue and gold would have been MUCH better. I think everyone was expecting the return of the cirlce and crossed Sabres in one form or another. This thing looks like they took the Capitals Eagle or the Coyotes coyote head and just jammed a buffalo into the same pattern.

If this is is legit - poor showing Sabres. Change it if you can before it's too late.

The Celcius design that Larry Quinn got pissed off about (due to leaking to the press, etc) is by far the best design I have seen. Can we try an e-mail campaign to help the Sabfres avoid a another uni mistake??? That latest design is terrible.

PTR

Or Fushetti could ask his friend, the Celsius designer, to launch a merchandise brand with his logos. I'd buy a jersey if it was one of those. I don't think it would be illegal as long as they didn't say Buffalo Sabres on them. I saw people all over town using his buffalo/circle/crossed sabres logo during the playoffs anyway.

Opening night with a crowd full of renegade merch would be a great FU to the design/marketing team if in fact we are seeing the new logo.

Or Fushetti could ask his friend, the Celsius designer, to launch a merchandise brand with his logos. I'd buy a jersey if it was one of those. I don't think it would be illegal as long as they didn't say Buffalo Sabres on them. I saw people all over town using his buffalo/circle/crossed sabres logo during the playoffs anyway.

Opening night with a crowd full of renegade merch would be a great FU to the design/marketing team if in fact we are seeing the new logo.

Nice idea, but he would get his a$$ sued from here to Niagara Falls. The Sabres still hold the rights to the original logo, and the Celcius designs are based on it.

I would be in favor of an e-mail campaign to the Sabres lobbying for the Celcius design.

PTR

Nice idea, but he would get his a$$ sued from here to Niagara Falls. The Sabres still hold the rights to the original logo, and the Celcius designs are based on it.

I would be in favor of an e-mail campaign to the Sabres lobbying for the Celcius design.

PTR

There is an online petition on his website. If I lived in the Buffalo area, I would contact some members of the press. They would love to jump on a story like this. Underdog vs. Corporate big wigs. Anyone have connections? Where is Rick Azar when we need him!

There is an online petition on his website. If I lived in the Buffalo area, I would contact some members of the press. They would love to jump on a story like this. Underdog vs. Corporate big wigs. Anyone have connections? Where is Rick Azar when we need him!

I have sent an e-mail to Brad Riter. Maybe he can discuss it on his show. It would help if you have an opinion, you share it with Brad: http://www.wgr550.com/contact/email.php?id=02

As far as the petition on the Celcius site, it's too self-serving. A legitimate petition should be more grassroots, with no connection to the designer.

PTR

Archived