The New Sabres Logo Leaked

SDS

:lol:

The more I look at it, its not that bad...I would prefer a design similar to the celsius design logos...I want something that looks modern yet classic - not like a cartoon-character expansion team jersey.

If these are the new logos (If, If, IF) then I guess the best things I can say are: at least they are blue/gold; they wisely kept the "B" shoulder patch; and it isn't the ugliest thing I've ever seen.

Actually I keep looking at it, and its kind of growing on me. It wouldn't be a homerun, but I wouldn't say its the worst logo I've ever seen...

Other than the colors, I'd rather keep the one we got compared to that one. The more I stare at it the less impressed I get. But, if it does turn out to be real I wouldn't be surprised cause it goes with my theory that people in those departments actually work in a bubble.

Nothing will beat these...

http://www.celsiusdesign.net/sabres/jerseys.html

I would prefer more of a yellow than the "puke gold", but they are a hundred times better than what SDS found and posted.

I agree. Why can't they just pay the guys some money and use his designs? Is that soooo difficult? He has almost 10,000 signatures on his website in support.

C'mon Sabres. Do something with your website too.

Can anyone make out the writing at the bottom? There's a phone number there. I can't quite make it out.

Yep, this looks legit. If it's a hoax, it's a great one, and you wonder why anyone would bother to perpetrate such a hoax. The PMS color numbers are legit.

Ehhh, I can take it or leave it. I didn't expect it to be any good anyway. It sure won't stand the test of time, but that's the idea. Planned obsolescence in a logo. In six or seven years, when the team needs an infusion of cash, sucks ass or has a new owner, they can replace it.

The intriguing question is: if this is legit, why leak it? Does someone from the Bush administration work there? Do they have several designs and want to test the waters?

If so, if anyone is reading this from the firm... you got anything else?

Delayed reaction: Why is there no sabre in the primary mark? I don't get it. We're the Buffalo SABRES. As a designer, there are so many cool things you could do with a sabre. Nothing cooler, perhaps, than just crossing them with a charging buffalo above it. The original logo still looks great today and will look great forever.

Can anyone think of an NHL team whose logo does not refer to the team's nickname? Can you imagine the Maple Leafs without a maple leaf? The Lightning without a bolt? What's up with this? This would be the second logo in a row without a sabre.

Someone tell me it's a hoax.

The colors are excellent - much better than the St. Louis Rams colors -- definitely a nod to the original unis..BUT..that "Buffalo" looks more like some sort of a hairy dolphin...Very strange...but nice to see the "B" with the sabre alternate logo, giving some respect to the past 10 years as well...

If you read the fine print at the bottom, this is the company url that is listed:

http://logosondemand.net/

anyone have a user ID and password?

Can anyone make out the writing at the bottom? There's a phone number there. I can't quite make it out.

Yep, this looks legit. If it's a hoax, it's a great one, and you wonder why anyone would bother to perpetrate such a hoax. The PMS color numbers are legit.

Ehhh, I can take it or leave it. I didn't expect it to be any good anyway. It sure won't stand the test of time, but that's the idea. Planned obsolescence in a logo. In six or seven years, when the team needs an infusion of cash, sucks ass or has a new owner, they can replace it.

The intriguing question is: if this is legit, why leak it? Does someone from the Bush administration work there? Do they have several designs and want to test the waters?

Delayed reaction: Why is there no sabre in the primary mark? I don't get it. We're the Buffalo SABRES. As a designer, there are so many cool things you could do with a sabre. Nothing cooler, perhaps, than just crossing them with a charging buffalo above it. The original logo still looks great today and will look great forever.

Can anyone think of an NHL team whose logo does not refer to the team's nickname? Can you imagine the Maple Leafs without a maple leaf? The Lightning without a bolt? What's up with this? This would be the second logo in a row without a sabre.

Someone tell me it's a hoax.

PA - Let me assure you it is probably real. I am in the design business and when Carolina was looking to land an NFL team in 1993 I had a good friend at a t-shirt factory. He had all four team logos and colors on hand, weeks before the teams were announced. Ironically, Charlotte found out live on TV that we were awarded a team because the local factory got a call 30-minutes before the formal announcement to start printing the shirts for the NFL. LOTS of money to be made in merchanising sales. Granted they need to sign contracts and such, but the logos always leak...

If you read the fine print at the bottom, this is the company url that is listed:

http://logosondemand.net/

anyone have a user ID and password?

It looks like they house all the logos of the NHL on that site.

I just keep hoping that this was a preliminary design that wasn't approved. I think PA is right with the "Delayed Reaction". With all of the creative talent out there and some of the previous designs (e.g. Celsius webpage), this is what they come up with? Come on...

You read my mind...

I truly hope this is a planned leak to see what the public reaction is. Like you said - marketing guys - What else you got?

I had to go and look it up on www.nhluniforms.com, but in my quick review of this year's unis, it would seem we are the only team to exclude the team name in our primary uniform logos. The closest other teams are Calgary (flaming "C") and New Jersey, (the NJ with the devil's tail & horns); while two others - Tampa & Toronto - feature the full team name on their crest.

Honestly, overall, I don't have a huge problem with it (it is kind of growing on me) but I would be much happier and excited about it if they just added the crossed Sabres under the buffalo.

not as great as the celsius designs, but as long as it's blue/gold and isn't a smoking goat, I'm happy.

Wearing maple leaf jerseys would be an upgrade to that freakin' goat. these marketing guys definetely aren't geniuses...look at the last time...wow, great color scheme: black and white jerseys!

Ummmmm... The number (when transformed in Photoshop) looks to be 770-612-0476. I called it and it really doesn't seem legit.

Also, I can't make out the first web site but the second one seems to be it's www.logosondemand.net. Which is legit but...

I just find it funny how this leaks right after the bogus logos Sabres logos on the truck came out the other day.

I agree. Why can't they just pay the guys some money and use his designs? Is that soooo difficult? He has almost 10,000 signatures on his website in support.

C'mon Sabres. Do something with your website too.

That guy who made those logos is a close personal friend of mine...He's had contact with Quinn back in 2003 and the meeting went nowhere. They aren't happening even though they are tight.

If thats the new logo... I'm gonna be pissed. heheh. Buffalo with a mullet is right

Archived