Bettman said to 'Get Over it' on Ch. 2

elcrusho

Hey, Bettman didn't make the call. Fans can be pissed over it until they die, but they shouldn't blame or boo the guy who was a huge friend to this franchise in its darkest days. If that glorious moment ever comes to pass, in fact, he deserves a roaring ovation. Not gonna get it, but he deserves it.

Hey, Bettman didn't make the call. Fans can be pissed over it until they die, but they shouldn't blame or boo the guy who was a huge friend to this franchise in its darkest days. If that glorious moment ever comes to pass, in fact, he deserves a roaring ovation. Not gonna get it, but he deserves it.

I have to agree with PA. Bettman didn't make the call; he just had to justify it on June 20, 1999. It couldn't have been easy. It was not a goal, in a league known for poor officiating, but the guy had to do his job.

What would have been easy? Letting the team go to Portland or some Godforsaken locale post-Rigas-arrest.

I'm not a fan of many of his decisions concerning the league, especially over-zealous expansion, but let him off the hook on 1999. He wasn't even wearing skates, much less stripes.

I have to agree with PA. Bettman didn't make the call; he just had to justify it on June 20, 1999. It couldn't have been easy. It was not a goal, in a league known for poor officiating, but the guy had to do his job.

What would have been easy? Letting the team go to Portland or some Godforsaken locale post-Rigas-arrest.

I'm not a fan of many of his decisions concerning the league, especially over-zealous expansion, but let him off the hook on 1999. He wasn't even wearing skates, much less stripes.

No, he wasn't in skates, but he was in the building and he runs things. Do you honestly think he didn't know what was going on in the booth? If you believe that, and happen to be correct, then the guy is totally worthless. When you are in charge, you need to know what is going on.

If he did know what's going on, then shame on him for taking what seemed to be the easy path at the time. We've already let the reporters on the ice, if we send them off now, we look bad. He (and HIS league) would have looked far less bad, had they gotten things right rather than gotten them expedient.

The league BLATENTLY ignored its OWN RULES in deciding whether the play resulted in a good goal or not. The fact the rules stated, quite clearly BTW, that it was Gregson's call and NOT the VGJ's just make all the discussion of whether Hull retained possession (when CONTROL was the issue) all that more bogus.

And those who say he was instrumental in keeping the Sabres in Buffalo are correct. He was and for that he deserves our thanks. But that doesn't mean that he should get a free pass for being in charge when the Sabres took it up the wrong end far worse than any other team I can think of.

I'll give Bettman somewhat of break because we was instrumental in making sure Buffalo stayed in buffalo

BUT, we're not getting over it.... EVER !!!!

If you want us to get over it, then make sure Buffalo gets all the calls for the rest of the tournament.

Bettman, you get over it.

We got screwed in 1999 and everyone knows it, including youreself! No, you had no direct control over the on ice events of that night, but you were ultimately responsible so we take it out on you. Yes, we thank you for helping the sabres in their darkest hour, however the events of the 1999 no goal are unforgivable and unforgettable.

I'm not going to be popular with this but I think we do need to get over it. It sucked, a lot, but I HAD to get over it. It's like that one girl that you absolutely knew was the one. You poured every ounce of you heart, mind, and soul into that relationship and person. But no matter what you did, it just wasn't meant to be. It's been a long time. If this was a woman, we would have had a restraining order against us, and repeatedly thrown in jail for violating it. We got jobbed. It happens to the best of us. Lingering on about it, and stewing over it, will only keep it festering. Bettman is a smug, gay tendency having a-hole. LET IT GO! :)

Hey, we should get over it. Enough already. Why would they even ask him about the "no goal"? It has nothing to do with the here and now. It's stupid. You can't blame Bettman as others said.... and he has done and said enough good things about Buffalo to make some of you people move on.

Very well said. I think he's grown into the job as the year's have progressed, and has been a friend of the small markets. Right now, I wish his clone ran the NFL.

The rule was stupid, but it was the rule and they screwed the pooch -- no secret there. But it's 7 year-old news.

Look at the bright side: At least Satan and Peca's names aren't on the Cup. B-)

Archived