Jason Pominville has gonads the size of...

SDS

Like I said in another thread, I agree to a point, but worst thing that happens is Alfie forces him wide and he takes it behind the net ... low risk ... but to see the opening is one thing, what instincts to actually react and bury it in that situation.

Alfie played it right, he forced him down almost to the goal line. Emery stood up, realizing no other Sabre was with him.

I have NO FRIGGIN' IDEA what Redden was thinking. IF he puts a shoulder into Jason, the puck is lying harmlessly in the corner.

I love Ottawa's BIG 3 (Chara, Redden, Phillips). Volchenkov is another favorite. Mezsaros, was reasonable and POTHIER (go figure) was a killer. Who would've thunk that heading into the series?

I have NO FRIGGIN' IDEA what Redden was thinking. IF he puts a shoulder into Jason, the puck is lying harmlessly in the corner.

I said that EXACT thing to my bro on the phone after the game ... Pominville was all alone, and Redden is gliding through the slot, one hand on his stick as if a pass might come ... I really think Ottawa won games against most of the league too easily all season, they have no idea how to play in one-goal games. Redden played that like they could just come back and score on the PP if Pominville scores.

That goal came out of nowhere. I don't know why, but I glanced at the bench when Jason broke over the line, and no one was standing. In a flash, he was face to face with Emery. Unbelievable. Next to Drury's winner in Game 1, that might be the most startling OT goal I've ever seen.

SDS, I would say canned hams.

Alfie played it right, he forced him down almost to the goal line. Emery stood up, realizing no other Sabre was with him.

I love Ottawa's BIG 3 (Chara, Redden, Phillips). Volchenkov is another favorite. Mezsaros, was reasonable and POTHIER (go figure) was a killer. Who would've thunk that heading into the series?

Redden could have decapitated Pommenville after he made that turn but it looked like he stayed at home for the passing lane. I wonder what he said after that went in? :lol:

Redden could have decapitated Pommenville after he made that turn but it looked like he stayed at home for the passing lane. I wonder what he said after that went in? :lol:

Not much. He was Redden the face. (Good Lord, Jerry Lewis could do better than that.)

How about Pommy with the shaky voice when interviewed on CBC right after the handshakes.

Just awesome to hear the excitement and feel the adrenaline going through him that he couldn't speak clearly. Awesome.

I think Alfie is more responsible than Redden personally...

For the series, yes. For that particular play, no.

Alfie is a forward and took Pominville to a bad angle. Whether Emery should have poke checked him or Redden should have driven him to a new zip code, Alfie made it a low percentage play.

I guess we can agree to disagree about that one.

If there was one guy that didn't deserve to lose it was Mike Fisher.

He played a hellava hockey game.

Fisher and Pothier came to play. Vermette played well also. Neil was a prick but definitely did what he could to help the Sens' cause.

Spezza and Heatley were non-existant. Every time a Sen fanned on a wide open shot, I asked my wife if that was Heatley, and darn near every time it was 15. (I also was joking that he and Spezza should trade #'s.)

The "big 3" didn't impress me either, Chara especially.

Fisher and Pothier came to play. Vermette played well also. Neil was a prick but definitely did what he could to help the Sens' cause.

Neil needs some treatment by Dr. Peters or Dr. Gaustad when Ottawa next plays Buffalo (oh! that's next season!). That crap 1:30 into the game on McKee will have me irritated for some time, as will the rest of Neil's play during the series. He got some of what he deserved through survival of the fittest, but hopefully, there's more to come.

What blew my mind was how efficient the Sabres have been when they get a scoring chance. The Sens really started using thier size in games 4 & 5; so for Jason do do that was really amazing because when were they going to get such a good chance again? Damn right on Redden.

Our guys were just mentally sharper.

you can say that the power play for the sabres sucked, however if there was a stat for "quality scoring chances cashed in", it would be damn close to 100% for the sabres. They absolutely killed the senators in quality chances.

This play really shows off the new NHL in comparison to the old NHL. This play would have never materialized in the pre lockout days.

I must of watched this play on TIVO in slow motion a dozen times.... I just had to see what angle Jason's ankles were at when he turned the corner. He made it look so easy.

and all Emery had to do is poke check the puck, but it happened so fast.

I'm not sure who was the bigger goat...Alfredsson for looking like a pylon while Pominville skated around him, Emery for not poke checking him or Redden who looked like he was frozen in time as Pominville scored the winning goal.

GO SABRES!!!!

How about Pommy with the shaky voice when interviewed on CBC right after the handshakes.

Just awesome to hear the excitement and feel the adrenaline going through him that he couldn't speak clearly. Awesome.

That was so awesome. He looked teary-eyed and to be honest, I was getting teary-eyed just watching him.

And then when they were celebrating and Marty was like beating up on him. Marty has been talking to them and joking with them all through the playoffs while sitting on the bench. Other backups just sit there like pylons. This whole is team AMAAAAAAAZING.

Now I just toss and turn thinking about the strengths and weaknesses of Carolina and how Anaheim swept the Avs and what that means and about the Oilers having a lot of heart so they could pose a threat in the future..........

This season makes up for the past 5 seasons. Watching all those games hoping for the same kind of things to come together like they have this season. You can never stop believing.

I've thought of that move - in fact I've scored over 100 goals in a game on NHL '95 (eat that, Wayne-o). I'd never try it in a real game because I'd end up captain of the drool team.

Yeah that sweet deke coming in at the goalie at a 45 degree angle almost always worked. Espcially with Mogilny and Lafontaine. Then a couple years later they turned all the Goalies into Hasek and you basically had to ram the puck into the net by plowing a d-man in front of the net. The Goalies didn't let anything in. I stopped playing. I mean, what's a hockey game if you can't score 75 goals a game (actual feat accomplished by inkman). :D

It was ALL Alfredsson's fault...he knows his goalie can't move laterally (we all know) he should have TACKLED Pominville, would've just evened things up. Just another sign of their lack of respect for the Sabres, he couldn't believe this rookie had the gall to try such a move. Alfredsson is a great regular season player. He was horrible in this series.

Archived