KO knew very early we didn’t have it - something was missing

On 5/23/2024 at 9:20 AM, Taro T said:

Also, let's see what happens when the captain of the team hates to lose not just wants to win.  Really expect one of Dahlin or Tuch to wear the C with Cozens taking the other A.  Maybe Ruff goes off the board and gives the C to Cozens and lets the other 2 get the A's.

Honestly, what has Cozens done to earn the C? We've all heard the workhorse from Whitehorse stuff but we've also seen the shots of poolside lounging. I wanted him to be a new generation of leader type, thought he might be, but so far I've seen nothing to indicate he is one in any way at all. 

1 hour ago, PerreaultForever said:

Honestly, what has Cozens done to earn the C? We've all heard the workhorse from Whitehorse stuff but we've also seen the shots of poolside lounging. I wanted him to be a new generation of leader type, thought he might be, but so far I've seen nothing to indicate he is one in any way at all. 

No person who ever sat beside a pool should ever wear the "C" for an NHL franchise.

Brad Marchand spends his vacations wrestling bears in Siberian coal mines.

Edited by dudacek
  • Eyeroll 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 2

8 hours ago, dudacek said:

No person who ever sat beside a pool should ever wear the "C" for an NHL franchise.

That's it yes. Cozens has definitely earned a captaincy. Heck, why don't we give one to everybody participation ribbon style. 

32 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I’m not opposed to this, let Lindy get a feel for the guys.

I gotta believe Lindy will have a feel for the guys before preseason starts.

This whole "wait until" stuff has to be over now if the Sabres are going anywhere this coming season.

• Agree 2

6 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

I gotta believe Lindy will have a feel for the guys before preseason starts.

This whole "wait until" stuff has to be over now if the Sabres are going anywhere this coming season.

I trust Lindy’s judgment.

If he names a captain, he will have determined who should lead. If he doesn’t, then there is more growth required from some guys. I hope we are beyond needing growth, there should be some leaders in that room.

He may opt for the co captain route again.

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, dudacek said:

Your disdain for the fans is remarkable. And it's based on what? There is no reason for the disdain?

The Buffalo Sabres franchise deserves every bit of snark.

• Agree 1

38 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Your disdain for the fans is remarkable. And it's based on what? There is no reason for the disdain?

I think the "disdain" is for the absolute bonkers idea that a young man taking a poolside vacay pic during the frickin' offseason makes him too much of a "good vibes" "chill bro" to be a captain. It is just plain silly. Silly, I tell you! A quick search of google images will turn up a relaxing vacay pic of pretty much every "worthy" captain out there.

If someone were to say "I don't think Cozzie deserves the 'C' because his play is still a touch inconsistent for my tastes.", that is a respectable reason. Not, gee - he sure seems to have a good time on his insta-tok or he doesn't look like an NFL linebacker when he takes his shirt off (yeah, that last one is for the "he needs to eat 30 chicken breasts a day and put on 15 lbs of pure shredded muscle by next year" crowd)

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I think the "disdain" is for the absolute bonkers idea that a young man taking a poolside vacay pic during the frickin' offseason makes him too much of a "good vibes" "chill bro" to be a captain. It is just plain silly. Silly, I tell you! A quick search of google images will turn up a relaxing vacay pic of pretty much every "worthy" captain out there.

If someone were to say "I don't think Cozzie deserves the 'C' because his play is still a touch inconsistent for my tastes.", that is a respectable reason. Not, gee - he sure seems to have a good time on his insta-tok or he doesn't look like an NFL linebacker when he takes his shirt off (yeah, that last one is for the "he needs to eat 30 chicken breasts a day and put on 15 lbs of pure shredded muscle by next year" crowd)

OK maybe. But the disdain jab has been coming. Dudacek has been in this mode for a long time. The fans just can't see how great things are. It's the drought coloring their opinions... Certainly not the team. Cozens gets the snark because he disappeared last season.

Dudacek is the progeny of neo and X. He carries on the legacy of superiority and aloofness and sophistication well.

Damn... That's some good vocabulary.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

I think he has being facetious about the pool side pictures?    Could be wrong.  

After looking at his pool pictures I do recommend he start hit the weight room harder than ever.   Strength training every other day, until camp.   Seriously, the kid needs to get on a muscle building program.  

22 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

OK maybe. But the disdain jab has been coming. Dudacek has been in this mode for a long time. The fans just can't see how great things are. It's the drought coloring their opinions... Certainly not the team. Cozens gets the snark because he disappeared last season.

Dudacek is the progeny of neo and X. He carries on the legacy of superiority and aloofness and sophistication well.

I strive for superiority, without aloofness and/or sophistication.  

29 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

And I have X's eyes and Neo's hair.

• Haha (+1) 1

18 hours ago, dudacek said:

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Your disdain for the fans is remarkable.

2 hours ago, ska-T Chitown said:

I think the "disdain" is for the absolute bonkers idea that a young man taking a poolside vacay pic during the frickin' offseason makes him too much of a "good vibes" "chill bro" to be a captain.

1 hour ago, Pimlach said:

I think he has being facetious about the pool side pictures?    Could be wrong.  

After looking at his pool pictures I do recommend he start hit the weight room harder than ever.   Strength training every other day, until camp.   Seriously, the kid needs to get on a muscle building program.  

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

And I have X's eyes and Neo's hair.

Bill Hader Popcorn GIF by Saturday Night Live

I'm at least a little ambivalent that my "homogenous chill Sabre bros lounging poolside celebrating their big contracts when they haven't accomplished sh1t" take is on the verge of becoming part of Sabrespace lore.

I guess it'd be that, and the Concept of Kassian.

Edited by That Aud Smell

5 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Sabrespace lore.

this could be a fun offseason thread.

have we had one before? recently? i think we have - under a different title - like "in-joke orientation for the newbs" or some such.

there are so many in-jokes here. there are probably more of them that have been forgotten than are currently in use.

keep my man's name outcha mouth.

• Haha (+1) 1

My favourite bit of Sabrespace lore is, of course, @deluca67 .500. I use it in real life all the time — where I call it “true 500.”

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

Behind every joke hides a kernel of truth.

And, in the truth of the chillsbros take, there is a kernel of joke.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

I'll add here: @dudacek's virulent opposition to the take is a bit perplexing to me.

I'm solidly with @PASabreFan: What has this franchise -- and this group specifically -- done to deserve more latitude from the long-suffering faithful?

There is an enormous gap that exists between giving no grace to a franchise that has floundered for 13 seasons (quite reasonable) and beating up on the character of a 23 year old because he dared to post a photo of himself relaxing with a cocktail (quite unreasonable). Carry on as you wish though. 

• Haha (+1) 1