GDT: Devils @ Sabres - March 29, 2024, 7:00pm, MSG 📺, WGR 📻

LGR4GM

1 minute ago, Stads said:

Rob really said that the penalty kill was going to gain momentum being down  2-0. Your 2023-2024 Buffalo Sabres everybody!

The Sabres broadcast team is just as pitiful as the product on the ice. There is pretty much nothing to like about this franchise anymore. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Disagree 1

Just now, Slack_in_MA said:

NHL Network guys are killing the Sabres for having four guys behind the net on that second goal. 

Haha, welcome to our world.

Just what I posted… Pathetic puck awareness… Beer league play.

• Like (+1) 1

another 1st where their not ready?  oh, that's right they don't care and the coach appears clueless

Cabo created incentive, eh?

and that defensive system is what? must still be developing

Edited by Cityo'Rasmii

Just now, Carmel Corn said:

Is anybody telling TP and GMKA this?  They apparently cannot see any of this through their rose-colored glasses.

We know Pegula doesn’t watch the games… Not sure Adams is watching… 

Wow. These guys want Donny gone. Certainly aren't playing for him now.

Think about how many times an offensive possession ended with a misplayed pass? I have to ask what are they doing in practice? Is it more of that? And if not, why are you playing that way now?

The last 5 seconds really sums things up. Was it Dahlin with the puck? Forwards on either wing at the blue line. A pass to either would result in a shot on goal. Instead they run for the locker.

Cozens with almost 8.5 minutes ice time just in the first. (on pace for 25.5 minutes at that rate) 

Krebs with 2.5, Skinner with just 3, even Tage with only 3:44 (on pace for under 12)

I know the Sabres were shorthanded taking 2 penalties, but it doesn't quite make up for THOSE numbers.

Just now, PromoTheRobot said:

Think about how many times an offensive possession ended with a misplayed pass? I have to ask what are they doing in practice? Is it more of that? And if not, why are you playing that way now?

The last 5 seconds really sums things up. Was it Dahlin with the puck? Forwards on either wing at the blue line. A pass to either would result in a shot on goal. Instead they run for the locker.

If they are going to be responsible for him being gone, I don't think its because they WANT him gone, I think its just a matter of they don't have any reason to listen, no desire to work.  To me it would be more ineptitude and not caring enough...and not being motivated by the current coaching staf than it would be them WANTING him gone.  Why would a player want someone gone who might make things TOO easy for them?

• Agree 1

1 minute ago, mjd1001 said:

Cozens with almost 8.5 minutes ice time just in the first. (on pace for 25.5 minutes at that rate) 

Krebs with 2.5, Skinner with just 3, even Tage with only 3:44 (on pace for under 12)

I know the Sabres were shorthanded taking 2 penalties, but it doesn't quite make up for THOSE numbers.

Coaches dictate Minutes… Confounding decisions.

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

These guys think Donny is safe and are planning their April golf trips and cookouts.

My take is there is absolutely something wrong with the locker room.  

I’m no longer buying the “oh they all love each other and hang out all the time.”

No longer buying it.  

And fwiw, with how they’ve played overall - if guys are good with each other, again that’s a problem.   

If your buddy ain’t getting in your face that’s a massive problem.  

They can’t possibly be holding each other seriously accountable.  

Edited by Second Line Center
  • Agree 2

19 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

I don't understand.  We are pissed and we are all siting in our living rooms. 

why aren't the people just as pissed ?  They spent good money to watch this garbage.    
Let's hear some "fire Donnie " chants.  
"sell the team". 
most complacent crowd in professional sports both good and bad 

Here. Apathy at this point.  Dahlin boneheaded play again completely deflates his team and the crowd. Not one single person spoke to him upon return to bench. No coach suggesting it's unacceptable. No teammate to encourage him. Nothing.  "Pucks not going our way" I suspect.  

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Carmel Corn said:

Hmmm....Power almost threw a body check there.....

The hit stats with Power are truly amazing.

Clifton has a LOT less ice time than Power but he has 182 hits on the year. Dahlin has 170. Samuelsson in half of a season has 106. Even Jokiharju has over 80.  The top D-men in the league have over 200. Lauzon (Nashville) has almost 340.  

Power?  39 hits for the year.

You have a bunch of guys around the league with over 20 hits per 60 minutes of play, Power?  1.53 hits per 60.

I mean, hes not a physical player, we have to accept that, but you almost have to think with numbers that low, he spends a LOT of time on the ice looking to avoid contact (even accidental/incidental contact) rather than just playing hockey.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Agree 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1