Frozen Four 2024

Getpucksdeep

https://collegehockeyinc.com/articles/2024/03/mens-notes-ncaa-tourney-picture-coming-into-focus.php

Fun weekend of college hockey incoming.

Huge game for RIT tomorrow night in Rochester vs AIC for the Atlantic Hockey title and an automatic bid (game is sold out).

Up in Lake Placid the action starts this afternoon for the ECAC conference.  From what I hear major hometown vibes for St Lawrence are flowing and they are ready to go as the #7 seed vs defending NCAA champs Quinnipiac.  And the Cornell Big Red team includes freshman Ryan Walsh from Rochester (Bruins), they play later tonight.

In Hockey East, Luke Tuch helped Boston U knock of Northeastern last weekend (booo), so it's BU vs Maine and BC vs UMass.

ESPN+ and flohockey.tv should have it covered.

hockey college GIF by Rochester Institute of Technology

6 minutes ago, inkman said:

No games at the BCA?  

looks like nope not this year

2024 PREDETERMINED SITES

Round City Venue Dates Host

Regional Maryland Heights, Mo. Centene Community Ice Center March 29 & 31, 2024 Lindenwood University and St. Louis Sports Commission

Regional Providence, R.I. Amica Mutual Pavilion March 29 & 31, 2024 Brown University

Regional Sioux Falls, S.D. Denny Sanford PREMIER Center March 28 & 30, 2024University of Nebraska Omaha and Sioux Falls Sports Authority

Regional Springfield, Mass. Mass Mutual Center March 28 & 30, 2024 University of Massachusetts, Amherst and Western MA Sports Commission

Frozen Four St. Paul, Minn. Xcel Energy Center April 11 & 13, 2024University of Minnesota, Twin Cities 

2 hours ago, Getpucksdeep said:

Wait is RIT older than the Sabres?  "oldest team in tournament, average age over 23".

A: no - Sabres avg is 25.6 years old or thereabouts.

They’ll have mail waiting for them at home from AARP. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

While I will probably just have hockey on all day in the background, does anyone know if there is game today that will be worth a sit down, pay attention type event? Either from a good game standpoint or a “you have to watch this kid play” standpoint?

7 minutes ago, SwampD said:

While I will probably just have hockey on all day in the background, does anyone know if there is game today that will be worth a sit down, pay attention type event? Either from a good game standpoint or a “you have to watch this kid play” standpoint?

On ESPNU 5pm, Sabres draft picks defenseman Maxim Strbak of Michigan State against forward Matteo Costantini of Western Michigan.

• Like (+1) 1

• 3 weeks later...

DU (University of Denver) is the first team to reach 10 national championships.

A name to watch: David Carle has coached DU to national championships 2 of the last 3 years with players who don't have anywhere near the star power of their opponents. Also helps when your goalie has a .979 (138 of 141) save percentage during the tournament. 

I watched almost the entire final 4 - certainly all of the title game - pulling for my beloved BC.

That goalie from Denver was out of his effing mind. Incredible. 

Made more incredible - to me - because he physically presents as sort of a midsized pud. He doesn’t look the part. A little Tim Thomas, maybe. Or even akin to Marty Brodeur.

I’m hopeful that BC’s fabulous freshmen return for another kick at the can (i believe that’s Leonard, Smith, Perreault?). Cutter Gauthier (all time name) is on his way to the pros, I was told.

Davis had his "hiccups" (his own word) earlier in the year, but was channelling his inner Ken Dryden during the tournament. Helped that the coaching staff changed the team profile to help the defense and stay out of the penalty box during playoff time. They spent 3 practices just working on how to defend again Celebrini and the BU power play, then didn't have to worry about it as they stayed out of the sin bin. 

Denver dominated for ten minutes in the second.  In the third, it felt like BC would never break through. And they didn’t.  Almost entire season at the top of the heap.  Heartbreaker for those kids.

College hockey related, don't think a new thread is warranted.  Apparently Ryan Seereiter from Orchard Park is joining the TCU hockey team here in Fort Worth... anyone in Buffalo know anything about him?

image.thumb.png.004c295b6c9ed72987b46b97bee4797b.png

image.png.0e5812be192c553b14f1179d146049c1.png