GDT: Oilers at Sabres 3-9-2024 12:30 start MSG

spndnchz

Badly outshot 22-12… No coordinated attack… All reactive… Not converting the opportunities we get.

Just now, Believer said:

UPL keeping us in it… Again.

Say it a lot lately

Who would've thought that he would end up a sympathetic figure after last year. Amazing turnaround.

A contrarian opinion 

Not a terrible game for the Sabres so far after giving up a goal 29 seconds in 

Some penalty calls were ehhh

UPL playing well 

And 

Stop hitting the post. Could be 3-2 

Sabres in good shape still 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TageMVP said:

A contrarian opinion 

Not a terrible game for the Sabres so far after giving up a goal 29 seconds in 

Some penalty calls were ehhh

UPL playing well 

And 

Stop hitting the post. Could be 3-2 

Sabres in good shape still 

Unfortunately, this game has an all too familiar feel to it. They trail after one period and then chase the rest of the game. UPL is preventing this team from being blown out almost every game now. 

• Agree 1

4 minutes ago, Believer said:

UPL keeping us in it… Again.

Say it a lot lately

If nothing else in this crapfest of a season, I think it’s safe to say we finally found our #1 goalie. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Who would've thought that he would end up a sympathetic figure after last year. Amazing turnaround.

Think Bales coaching… and Anderson’s mentoring… and UPL’s extra work now that the rotation has changed is making the difference since December.

Shame he gets such poor goal scoring support.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Unfortunately, this game has an all too familiar feel to it. They trail after one period and then chase the rest of the game. UPL is preventing this team from being blown out almost every game now. 

Truth. I have never seen a club not able to finish like this one. If the goaltending isn't superb, this club gets crushed. Please if there is a God, make a coaching change at seasons end at the very least for an experienced coach. I wouldn't mind the GM getting shipped out as well after the trade deadline presser. Rubbish!

• dislike 1

1 minute ago, eman said:

Truth. I have never seen a club not able to finish like this one. If the goaltending isn't superb, this club gets crushed. Please if there is a God, make a coaching change at seasons end at the very least for an experienced coach. I wouldn't mind the GM getting shipped out as well after the trade deadline presser. Rubbish!

Something's gotta give this off season, for sure. They can't just run it back. A one-for-one trade at the deadline is not nearly enough.

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, ExWNYer said:

Something's gotta give this off season, for sure. They can't just run it back. A one-for-one trade at the deadline is not nearly enough.

Again, I'll place more of the blame on the coaching as I do believe there is talent in this organization. But, acquiring some grit and toughness is the GMs job and Kevyn should realize this club needs this also, especially if and when they make the playoffs and the physicality really picks up while the refs whistles get put away. That's on Kevy. Again, I was hoping Donnie was going to be the guy for us, but every season comes up short for whatever reason and in my opinion, he has had more than enough time.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I'm beginning to give these buyout posts the attention they're due.

I may have to spend the evening on capfriendly.

Agreed.  This smells like Donnie checking out if he can get by without him.

Was Jost ever good?  Seems like he played a few good games last year, which earned him his overvalued contract extension.  But maybe it was a mirage.  He has no sense for puck.  Multiple failures to clear the D zone and missed the net twice in close. Another demerit for Mr Adams. 

2 minutes ago, Marvin said:

Agreed.  This smells like Donnie checking out if he can get by without him.

Wishful thinking in his part… Here’s my wishful thinking… Granato isn’t here next year either.