GDT/ Buffalo Sabres @ Tampa Bay Lightning Thurs. Feb 29th 7pm, ESPN+ MSG & WGR Radio

Shoot da Puck

14 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Crazy how much of a swing game this is. A loss feels like it legitimately ends the season where a win makes the playoffs at least feel legitimately possible 

In that sense I’m surprised this is still the most recent post when the 2nd has been going for 5 minutes. Tough times. But honestly, if we win and are 9 back with 2 in hand, it seems possible to me. I know there are 4 others in between but if we play at the pace to surpass Tampa I doubt any of the 4 match it 

we control our own destiny in those 2 games. There’s nothing preventing us from being essentially 5 back with 20 games remaining. 

Edited by Thorny

13 minutes ago, Thorny said:

Crazy how much of a swing game this is. A loss feels like it legitimately ends the season where a win makes the playoffs at least feel legitimately possible 

Yup, a loss and playoffs are ZERO chance. A win still gives them a reason to keep playing for something....and a reason for me to watch. I don't want this to be my last game of the year.

Just now, Thorny said:

In that sense I’m surprised this is still the most recent post when the 2nd has been going for 5 minutes. Tough times. But honestly, if we win and are 9 back with 2 in hand, it seems possible to me. I know there are 4 others in between but if we play at the pace to surpass Tampa I doubt any of the 4 match it 

It’s possible.  I want to win so this team doesn’t pack it in already.  Playoffs are remote. 

Just now, Thorny said:

My hand twitches towards the mute button whenever I pull myself towards turning on the game as soon as I hear Dunleavy. Not trying to make a joke or be funny. Sucks

He doesn't bother me anymore.  Some of the last few games, I thought he was really good.

Just now, mjd1001 said:

He doesn't bother me anymore.  Some of the last few games, I thought he was really good.

I’m jealous of you

Just now, bob_sauve28 said:

I ngo mute a lot, but its more about Ray and than Dunleavy

It’s easier to tune ray out but still difficult 

That is definitely the right call 

• Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Thorny said:

I’m jealous of you

Well, yeah he can be dry at times and he still doesn't show emotion on all goals scored. But the Carolina game, I thought he was really good.  Maybe he just needs a good team playing a good game to call.

I’m listening to the Lightning broadcast… They are homers but knowledgeable … Quite complimentary of Sabres and UPL…