Sabres recall Tyson Jost from Amerks

Brawndo

They subbed in Olofsson on the top line for the rest of practice, but I expect Benson will bump up to the first line, and Jost will skate with Krebs and JJP tomorrow night.

Benson - Tage - Tuch
Greenway - Mitts - Cozens
Jost - Krebs - JJP
Robinson - Girgs - Okie

...but perhaps not, if Donny thinks the Benson - Krebs - Peterka line is gelling.

13 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

They subbed in Olofsson on the top line for the rest of practice, but I expect Benson will bump up to the first line, and Jost will skate with Krebs and JJP tomorrow night.

Benson - Tage - Tuch
Greenway - Mitts - Cozens
Jost - Krebs - JJP
Robinson - Girgs - Okie

...but perhaps not, if Donny thinks the Benson - Krebs - Peterka line is gelling.

Only disrupting one line rather than two might be the best path as that line has been very good at driving play. 
For reference Benson-Krebs-JJP have an expected goals for percentage of 61% compared to Benson-Tage-Tuch who are 44.9% in roughly the same amount of minutes. 

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Maybe he's been traded? 

Injured, he underwent imaging after practice 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Warriorspikes51 said:

Skinner is one of the few Sabres I have 0 interest in trading.  

I consider him a net negative. Interesting how different we perceive his value. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Disagree 1
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

Skinner is one of the few Sabres I have 0 interest in trading.  

I'm part of the way there with you. Some want him gone yesterday. And yes, he is pretty much a no-show in his own end. But you are still able to rely on him for about 30 goal seasons (the 'coaching' change to a more defensive style hasn't seemed to impact him that much), and he is one of the FEW players how is willing to head to the front of the net pretty much all the time.   Is he a perfect player? Nope. Is he overpaid...maybe, probably. Is he a cause for this team being bad though....I don't think so.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, GASabresIUFAN said:

1 - That he got hurt

2 - He didn't get traded.  a NMC doesn't not mean No Move or Trade, it means no move or trade without consent.

My sense of Skinner is that he likes it in Buffalo and his teammates. Skinner is one of our best goal scorers. I see no need to deal him away. I'm not sure the return will be greater than the departure. 

• Like (+1) 1

The obvious thing to me is to put Olofsson with Thompson and Tuch.  Olofsson has played well with Thompson before (that 70's line).  In my opinion Olofsson and Skinner have never meshed, but Olofsson might thrive with Tuch on the other wing.  Olofsson is streaky.  Maybe he could cook up until the deadline. 

Edited by Archie Lee
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Archie Lee said:

The obvious thing to me is to put Olofsson with Thompson and Tuch.  Olofsson has played well with Thompson before (that 70's line).  In my opinion Olofsson and Skinner have never meshed, but Olofsson might thrive with Tuch on the other wing.  Olofsson is streaky.  Maybe he could cook up until the deadline. 

They have totally wasted VO...the guy can score and wil be a beast on another team. Any value he had on the trade market is gone now that they have benched him and made it seem he is not good enough to make the Sabres, which begs the question if the Sabres are not playin him and are not high on him, then why would any other team take him? Or of course they wil take him for like a 7th round pick which is absurd. LIke Willie Nylander is a great defensive player??? NOT...there are lots of guys in the NHl that are not great defensively but score. 

Edited by sabrefanday1
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Warriorspikes51 said:

No one else on the team is a consistent enough scorer 

I agree he's a very good scorer, but I don't believe he's a very good hockey player, and I don't think he provides good value for his salary. 

• Eyeroll 1
  • Agree 1

5 hours ago, JohnC said:

My sense of Skinner is that he likes it in Buffalo and his teammates. Skinner is one of our best goal scorers. I see no need to deal him away. I'm not sure the return will be greater than the departure. 

While I agree with all of that, I think he's also one of the country club guys that is content with not making the playoffs.  That's a two sided coin though:  He also doesn't agitate (aka ROR losing his love of the game) when the team doesn't make the playoffs.  Again.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.