Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

I liked all the picks.

I take some encouragement from the fact that both the Utah and Duke players are ones who seem to fit what Beane and McDermott want/like/do.

Here’s hoping that they all become regular contributors in year 1.

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

I often wonder how many professional athletes truly love their sport and for how many is it a life opportunity. There is undoubtedly more simply earning a paycheck than imagined. 

nikola jokic doesn’t care for basketball but just doesn’t for his family and kids backhome.

I'm sure there are others 

8 minutes ago, Sabres Fan in NS said:

Dude needs a belt for Christmas.

I can't stand people that do that on purpose till this day I don't get it .

Coleman is a very interesting pick.  Could be a beast of a player.  We will find out in the next few years, he is only 20 years old. 

TBD went wacko at the pick, the many wannbe GMs that read all the draft propaganda seem to have wanted everyone else. 

Some are still pushing for Franklin, who was passed over by 32 GMs for 100 picks.   Maybe the experts know something?  Or maybe Franklin will still be a good player?  

NHL draft is much more of a science than the NHL draft, the players are older and the NCAA competition is more uniform, but still there are errors every year in every round.  

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I have no idea if I like this or not. TBD seems to be melting 

14 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

14 hours ago, JustOneParade said:

Slow. Can’t separate. 15th best receiver in the draft. Yada, yada, yada. Usual stuff. Many actually like the pick. More hate it.

14 hours ago, Demoted said:

They seem to think he is the next Kelvin Benjamin but the Bills KB when he gave up and got fat.

13 hours ago, ... said:

Are we happy with this pick?

Upon reflection, I don’t think I’ve watch any WR college highlights where they were covered on every snap minus a busted coverage here or there. It was certainly notable.  I’m putting my faith in Beane but when dude is known for his contested catch ability because he’s always blanketed, I have concerns.  I’m hoping he can make a living with those abilities in the NFL.  Not sure why Josh loves him, hope there is good reason.  

25 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Coleman is a very interesting pick.  Could be a beast of a player.  We will find out in the next few years, he is only 20 years old. 

TBD went wacko at the pick, the many wannbe GMs that read all the draft propaganda seem to have wanted everyone else. 

Some are still pushing for Franklin, who was passed over by 32 GMs for 100 picks.   Maybe the experts know something?  Or maybe Franklin will still be a good player?  

NHL draft is much more of a science than the NHL draft, the players are older and the NCAA competition is more uniform, but still there are errors every year in every round.  

Who knows if it's real but only a few ways you fall down every teams draft board.

Edited by Demoted

1 minute ago, Demoted said:

Who knows if it's real but only a few ways you fall down every teams draft board.

If he’s still there, droppping a 5th to take a flier on a player with his upside is very reasonable. 

• Like (+1) 3

We’ve already entered the part of ‘draft season’ that I absolutely detest. ‘Draft Grades’ or ‘Winners and Losers’ written by the ‘draft experts’. The comparison is made between their evaluations and those of NFL teams. And when they match up the team is an A+ winner. When not, the team screwed up. Forget about the folly of evaluating player picks just hours after the draft. The hubris of these guys is unbelievable. They do not have the resources NFL teams do to gather all the necessary information. Just once I would like to see one of these guys to a self-evaluation using the actual teams’ selections as the measuring stick. ‘Mel Kiper gave himself a D+’.  But that’s as likely as the hair growing back on my head.

Lastly, it’s an inexact science. The hits and misses will become apparent in due time. But I will always favor the opinion of those with the most information in these conditions.

Rant over. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. 😄

Edited by JustOneParade
Clarity
  • Agree 1

I heartily enjoy any athlete - any person, really - who is unabashedly and outwardly *themselves*. 

Welcome to Buffalo, Keon. Sorry that we don’t have a Waffle House.

Also, the multiple Coleman’s sagging pants comments aren’t, as the kids used to say, passing the vibe check.

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

We’ve already entered the part of ‘draft season’ that I absolutely detest. ‘Draft Grades’ or ‘Winners and Losers’ written by the ‘draft experts’. The comparison is made between their evaluations and those of NFL teams. And when they match up the team is an A+ winner. When not, the team screwed up. Forget about the folly of evaluating player picks just hours after the draft. The hubris of these guys is unbelievable. They do not have the resources NFL teams do to gather all the necessary information. Just once I would like to see one of these guys to a self-evaluation using the actual teams’ selections as the measuring stick. ‘Mel Kiper gave himself a D+’.  But that’s as likely as the hair growing back on my head.

Lastly, it’s an inexact science. The hits and misses will become apparent in due time. But I will always favor the opinion of those with the most information in these conditions.

Rant over. Thank you in advance for your patience and understanding. 😄

You mean this nonsense? 😀

• Agree 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Buffalonill said:

So ... Beane and his scouting team and coaches, really do know a lot more about football than the fans - including the alleged experts at TBD. 

Just wait until the Sabres get good, which could be next year, more TBD'ers will flock to this site and enlighten us all how to play hockey too.  Bank on it.  

• Like (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

So ... Beane and his scouting team and coaches, really do know a lot more about football than the fans - including the alleged experts at TBD. 

Just wait until the Sabres get good, which could be next year, more TBD'ers will flock to this site and enlighten us all how to play hockey too.  Bank on it.  

I've been on TBD for over twenty years. Was one of the few who was enthused about Allen, pushed for Kincaid last year. The Coleman pick might work out, but there are legitimate reasons for questioning it. Not everyone is an ignorant yahoo who wonders about Beane's strategy. Coleman is young. He's an improvement over Davis, but most of his success has been out of the slot, not on the boundary. Beane said he wanted a more explosive WR room, but he drafts a different kind of player. That's fine, except Kincaid is probably our best weapon, and he plays the big slot. 

Anyway, I don't weigh in too much on the Sabres. I can't follow hockey as well as I can football. I know college football well enough to have a semi-informed opinion on the players in the draft. My fear with Beane is that he is always following the Carolina model, the one that ran Cam Newton into the ground. He builds competent teams with depth, but they lack elite playmakers, which is why we seem to sputter in the post-season and lose in the divisional round.

• Thanks (+1) 1