Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

3 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

People who won't own their opinions are also tools.

If the Sabres are ever good, should I deny ever saying anything bad about Terry?

It ain’t about owning/not owning one’s opinions, it’s about not being a douche in the process, which Mr. Allen was, but that’s just my opinion. 😂

Opinions can and should be flexible based on the information they are based on at the time they are formed. And there is nothing wrong with that. 

25 minutes ago, K-9 said:

It ain’t about owning/not owning one’s opinions, it’s about not being a douche in the process, which Mr. Allen was, but that’s just my opinion. 😂

Opinions can and should be flexible based on the information they are based on at the time they are formed. And there is nothing wrong with that. 

Mr Allen tried to come to this Bills topic with info that he received and was told he was wrong and to stop getting all his info from the media. 
The info I was trying to share was not speculation.  It was well known knowledge inside the Buffalo Bills organization.  
I understand I acted like a douche to those two posters.  But go and look, ink came at me first. Acting if I was an idiot who gathers info from the media.  It’s hard having patience with fans and posters like them.  Just watch, they continue to flip flop but yet continue to act as if they are still always correct.  Is fine.  It’s cool.  I just don’t need to listen to guys like them.  

• Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

26 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Mr Allen tried to come to this Bills topic with info that he received and was told he was wrong and to stop getting all his info from the media. 
The info I was trying to share was not speculation.  It was well known knowledge inside the Buffalo Bills organization.  
I understand I acted like a douche to those two posters.  But go and look, ink came at me first. Acting if I was an idiot who gathers info from the media.  It’s hard having patience with fans and posters like them.  Just watch, they continue to flip flop but yet continue to act as if they are still always correct.  Is fine.  It’s cool.  I just don’t need to listen to guys like them.  

What information did your share? You said drama and issues. Did you share anything specific?

• Like (+1) 2

24 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

Fair enough.

7 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

I really like Shakir. 

I do wonder if his numbers were influenced by whether and how opposing D’s were scheming first to stop Diggs.

It’s gonna be a new challenge for him, I think.

But I really do like the player.

I agree — Diggs absolutely got most of the opposing D’s attention.   It’s a completely different look for Shakir without Diggs or a similar level receiver there.

Having said that, I like Shakir too and think he will continue to improve and have a good season in a supporting role.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Read something the other the day that teams were not giving Diggs most of their attention aka double teams but found their top corner was enough to take him away most of the time. Be interesting if a writer wrote a story on it. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Just remember, receivers nowadays are a dime a dozen. Grab one in the 2nd, but get the big guys early. (Opinion)

I assure you, the great ones are certainly not a dime a dozen. That said, a great QB can certainly turn average into good and good into really good. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DarthEbriate said:

Just remember, receivers nowadays are a dime a dozen.

Brain Games Marsaimartin GIF by National Geographic Channel

40 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Read something the other the day that teams were not giving Diggs most of their attention aka double teams but found their top corner was enough to take him away most of the time. Be interesting if a writer wrote a story on it. 

I believe that was a quote from a Chiefs DB (Sneed?) after the Bills’ regular season win this past year.

• Like (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, K-9 said:

I assure you, the great ones are certainly not a dime a dozen. That said, a great QB can certainly turn average into good and good into really good. 

He’s a packers fan, right? They definitely had their run of receivers who were made much better by the QBs. 

13 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Brain Games Marsaimartin GIF by National Geographic Channel

I believe that was a quote from a Chiefs DB (Sneed?) after the Bills’ regular season win this past year.

Yes that was it. I think Diggs started to decline and the last 10 games showed some of that. I like Diggs, sucks he isn't as good and can't be a teammate. Was hoping it wasn't the case but everything coming out shows this was a divorce in the making. 

Fun side fact. A few weeks ago wegmans discontinued carrying his hot sauce and my wife and I were both like, this can't be good jokingly. 

• Like (+1) 2

15 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

Just remember, receivers nowadays are a dime a dozen. Grab one in the 2nd, but get the big guys early. (Opinion)

The WR position is not a devalued position like RB. They get paid, because they are not a dime a dozen. There will be a run early second, and it will drop off in the mid-forties. And with the trade of Diggs, they really need 2 WRs. There are some excellent OTs in this draft. It's a terrible draft for edge. The DTs worth it at #28, should they be there, will backup Ed Oliver. 

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

Fun side fact. A few weeks ago wegmans discontinued carrying his hot sauce and my wife and I were both like, this can't be good jokingly. 

My youngest had the team’s 2023 yearbook out - looking at Diggs stuff as part of his processing the trade - and I noticed the cover: Hyde, Dawkins, Milano, Miller, Knox, Allen - but no Diggs. They were keeping the guy at arm’s length, even then. (And still gassing up Knox 🫤.)

And I maintain, they’d put up with Diggs’ BS if, in their coaches’ and personnel people’s assessments, he were still capable of getting it done at the level his salary (on this team) commands.

Otoh, I hadn’t imagined how deliberately he was working on getting out and, even more so, the Bills’ willingness to accommodate him and rip the cap band aid off. Those elements surprised me.

15 hours ago, K-9 said:

15 hours ago, shrader said:

He’s a packers fan, right? They definitely had their run of receivers who were made much better by the QBs. 

And the Bills have the QB who can do exactly that. Draft a couple WRs on day 2 and watch Allen make them into household names come playoff time.

Yes, Packers fan. And I want the Bills to stop being the Vikings of the AFC. Over the last 30 seasons, the Vikings have loved drafting perimeter players in the 1st instead of OL and front seven D, including the greatest WR ever not named Jerry Rice and one of the best WRs I've seen in Jefferson. And they have nothing to show for it because they don't ever have the QB. (Caveat: This year will be fun because they're drafting a QB who will have an amazing set of weapons... but history says they'll pick the wrong QB. And they're going to pay JJ like a QB instead of filling out the rest of the roster's depth like the Seahawks did on their rookie QB contract team.)

9 hours ago, DarthEbriate said:

And I want the Bills to stop being the Vikings of the AFC. Over the last 30 seasons, the Vikings have loved drafting perimeter players in the 1st instead of OL and front seven D

The Bills have drafted 3 WRs (Moulds, Evans, Watkins) in the first round in the last 40+ years. Beane alone has drafted 3 front seven players (Edmunds, Oliver, Rousseau) in the first round.

I am not following the comparison.

On 4/5/2024 at 10:08 PM, Mr. Allen said:

Still thinking I was just listening to all that crazy media?  lol. 
Yeah, I was WAY off.  🙂 

The problem I had was you and Aud Smell(?) acted like you knew what was going on.  Talking like you KNEW Diggs wasn’t an issue inside the organization and anyone who suggested otherwise was wrong and crazy for thinking it.  You guys come on here and act like you know so much about the Bills.  But you both were so completely wrong and dismissed everything I tried to tell you as me just “listening to the media”.  When I’m fact, I never once said anything about the media.  I don’t get much of any of my Bills info from the media.  I have other ways that you probably only wish you had.  But it’s all good.  Nice to see you both backtracking on here.  lol.  

Peace 

Two things can be true. The media can over blow perceived discretions and the person causing the issues can also be a giant tool.  They don’t have to be mutually exclusive.  I was hammered and came at you too hard.  Something I am willing to admit.  

7 minutes ago, inkman said:

Two things can be true. The media can over blow perceived discretions and the person causing the issues can also be a giant tool.  They don’t have to be mutually exclusive.  I was hammered and came at you too hard.  Something I am willing to admit.  

GeorgeTakei.jpg

• Haha (+1) 2

10 hours ago, Brawndo said:

@LGR4GM

is he a fit for the Bills? 

I have no actual reasoning but I don’t like this guy, at all.  Not to mention, don’t Curtis Samuel, Tupac Shakir, and Dalton Kinkaid have the middle of the field covered.  They need an X receiver that can stretch the field.  Probably two of them. Maybe I’m wrong. Learning a lot about these guys in the next couple weeks. 

• Like (+1) 2

@LGR4GM

I love Ladd a lot. He is the type of guy that you can trust and he runs some great routes all while being just a good dude. That said, no IMPO. As @inkman notes, Ladd's primary area of use would be in the middle of the field on short and intermediate routes. He is taller Beasley in some ways. I just don't think the Bills need that skilset per say. Kincaid and Samuel should be able to easily cover just about all the routes that Ladd can. I would certainly wait until the 2nd round on him even though I think he has the makings of a very good WR. Love the player but dislike the fit for the Bills without Diggs around. I think AD Mitchell would be a better option at 28. If Ladd slides in the 2nd round and were available at that spot, I would get him there as I think he could help but if we are team building, I look elsewhere. 

Personally I would trade up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

@LGR4GM

He’s one of my favorite receivers in this draft.  I think he would fit really well but I’m thinking the Bills might be after a different skill set.  Beanne could possibly be looking for a bigger bodied pure outside X receiver.   We already have a bunch of guys that can play inside/outside like Ladd.  I’m not sure how I feel about Keon Coleman yet, but that’s my guess to what I think Beanne is looking for. 
i just don’t want Ladd going to the Chiefs. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Mr. Allen said:

He’s one of my favorite receivers in this draft.  I think he would fit really well but I’m thinking the Bills might be after a different skill set.  Beanne could possibly be looking for a bigger bodied pure outside X receiver.   We already have a bunch of guys that can play inside/outside like Ladd.  I’m not sure how I feel about Keon Coleman yet, but that’s my guess to what I think Beanne is looking for. 
i just don’t want Ladd going to the Chiefs. 

Oh God, McConkey on the chiefs would be a pain in the ass. If you need 3-10 yards, Ladd is open. 

• Like (+1) 1