Buffalo Bills 2024 Thread

That Aud Smell

Interesting signing yesterday of 30 year old RT La'el Collins, who has started a lot of NFL games. Spencer Brown looking for a large raise with his rookie deal expiring after 2024. Just me speculating but wonder if Brown could now be dealt. Can't pay everyone. Maybe get  something for him now. (Draft pick) 

Rousseau due a raise after 2024 and CB Douglas needs a new deal. Douglas is priority one, since they traded for him and he's very good at a key position. Rousseau and Brown, not so sure. Rousseau is playing for his future here if he's expecting a big raise. Needs to break out in 2024. 

Re the clip from Pro Football Talk: I respect Florio for carving out his place in the sports talking ecosystem. But the guy is so often just a troll and/or a tool. His broadcast partner there - Simms, I guess - has it exactly right: Florio's criticizing Allen for not being more assertive with Diggs, for just eating sh1t in his relationship with Diggs, but if Allen had engaged with, pushed back on, and thereby contributed to any Diggs drama, Florio would have been all over him for that as well. Allen handled Diggs about as well as anyone could have hoped for.

2 hours ago, Night Train said:

Interesting signing yesterday of 30 year old RT La'el Collins, who has started a lot of NFL games. Spencer Brown looking for a large raise with his rookie deal expiring after 2024. Just me speculating but wonder if Brown could now be dealt. Can't pay everyone. Maybe get  something for him now. (Draft pick) 

Rousseau due a raise after 2024 and CB Douglas needs a new deal. Douglas is priority one, since they traded for him and he's very good at a key position. Rousseau and Brown, not so sure. Rousseau is playing for his future here if he's expecting a big raise. Needs to break out in 2024. 

Collins is just a camp body. Has nothing to do with Brown. More like a hedge on Vandemark really being ready to be the swing tackle. 

• Agree 1

57 minutes ago, TheAud said:

Collins is just a camp body. Has nothing to do with Brown. More like a hedge on Vandemark really being ready to be the swing tackle. 

I think he's more than that, especially because he can move inside and play guard. But I agree on your ultimate conclusion here.

• Like (+1) 1

Collins is less than a year and a half away from his ACL/MCL tear and surgery when he was with the Bengals. Seems like his career has been stunted by one injury or incident after another. But he has started 86 games in this league despite that. If he can stay healthy (a big if, imo), his position flexibility can really help. We were interested in him before he signed with the Bengals, so Beane finally got his man. 

5 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

Re the clip from Pro Football Talk: I respect Florio for carving out his place in the sports talking ecosystem. But the guy is so often just a troll and/or a tool. His broadcast partner there - Simms, I guess - has it exactly right: Florio's criticizing Allen for not being more assertive with Diggs, for just eating sh1t in his relationship with Diggs, but if Allen had engaged with, pushed back on, and thereby contributed to any Diggs drama, Florio would have been all over him for that as well. Allen handled Diggs about as well as anyone could have hoped for.

It’s kind of like Larry King or Elizabeth Taylor. How many times can they get devotees before you realize they were probably the issue. 

• Like (+1) 1

Brown was healthy last year after 2 injury prone years. We'll see what the Bills do. Collins rehabbed last year after his injury on the Dallas PS. I think he's more than a camp body. I'll watch what Beane does. He thinks ahead most times. 5 months until games. Depends on what the contract terms are for Brown. 

6 minutes ago, shrader said:

Diggs pulled the same thing with Minnesota already. He’s the problem. 

Yeah I wonder if that late night meeting Wednesday night was TP telling Beane to get that delusional loser off the team.  I hope so. 

32 minutes ago, inkman said:

Yeah I wonder if that late night meeting Wednesday night was TP telling Beane to get that delusional loser off the team.  I hope so. 

Think it was Beane telling Terry what was happening not the other way around. 

• Agree 2

On 3/16/2024 at 5:16 PM, inkman said:

Except all the drama is made up by moronic fans and talking heads who don’t even know where Buffalo is.  

Still thinking I was just listening to all that crazy media?  lol. 
Yeah, I was WAY off.  🙂 

The problem I had was you and Aud Smell(?) acted like you knew what was going on.  Talking like you KNEW Diggs wasn’t an issue inside the organization and anyone who suggested otherwise was wrong and crazy for thinking it.  You guys come on here and act like you know so much about the Bills.  But you both were so completely wrong and dismissed everything I tried to tell you as me just “listening to the media”.  When I’m fact, I never once said anything about the media.  I don’t get much of any of my Bills info from the media.  I have other ways that you probably only wish you had.  But it’s all good.  Nice to see you both backtracking on here.  lol.  

Peace 

• Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, Mr. Allen said:

Yeah, I was WAY off.  🙂 

The problem I had was you and Aud Smell(?) acted like you knew what was going on.  Talking like you KNEW Diggs wasn’t an issue inside the organization and anyone who suggested otherwise was wrong and crazy for thinking it.  You guys come on here and act like you know so much about the Bills.  But you both were so completely wrong and dismissed everything I tried to tell you as me just “listening to the media”.  When I’m fact, I never once said anything about the media.  I don’t get much of any of my Bills info from the media.  I have other ways that you probably only wish you had.  But it’s all good.  Nice to see you both backtracking on here.  lol.  

Peace 

You could teach a masterclass in how to show off one's insecurity.

1 hour ago, Mr. Allen said:

The problem I had was you and Aud Smell(?) acted like you knew what was going on.  Talking like you KNEW Diggs wasn’t an issue inside the organization and anyone who suggested otherwise was wrong and crazy for thinking it.  

Objectively hilarious. And deeply obtuse. Quite a trick, really.

I really like Shakir. 

I do wonder if his numbers were influenced by whether and how opposing D’s were scheming first to stop Diggs.

It’s gonna be a new challenge for him, I think.

But I really do like the player.

• Agree 1

Diiggs had his stats early when the Bills were a .500 team. Once they got rolling late with that win streak, it was Kincaid, Shakir, Cook and others. Balance. No one could be keyed on. Kudos to Brady and his play calling that wasn't all about Diggs. 

Now adding Samuel, some other depth and no doubt a draft choice or 2 at the position.  No panic at all in my view. Allen is the Alpha.

Media is playing every angle for clicks. Whatever. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 3

12 hours ago, Mr. Allen said:

Yeah, I was WAY off.  🙂 

Peace 

My son worked in the concession and used to tell us all the juicy info so it makes sense. 

Edited by Buffalonill
  • Haha (+1) 2

12 hours ago, shrader said:

Why is it that the “I have sources” guy is always a tool?

People who won't own their opinions are also tools.

If the Sabres are ever good, should I deny ever saying anything bad about Terry?

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

People who won't own their opinions are also tools.

If the Sabres are ever good, should I deny ever saying anything bad about Terry?

You've never said anything bad about Terry... 

😛

I also wish I was a tool, because then I wouldn't have to search around the house for where I misplace myself... Amirite 

• Haha (+1) 3