GDT: Vancouver Canucks @ Buffalo Sabres 4 pm MSG radio 550 am

bob_sauve28

I see most games here in BC and that was an ugly win for Vancouver. We keep the lotto line off the board and lose. The Canucks play against a team with some confidence and it’s a different outcome. Bun? You agree?

Edited by rickshaw
  • Agree 1

The current team configuration hasn’t worked since the season began. Even with last year’s optimism, they still missed the playoffs. Wasn’t the right team last year and much the same this year. 

There are a lot of threads about it and nothing will change so I’ll leave it at that.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

I had enough of this garbage.  There season is done. The unintentional tank is on. Going for a top 5 pick and a lot of firings. We all know that won't happen and if will be deja vue next year and we will work on 15 years no playoffs.  I don't think I have ever disliked a Sabres team as much as this one

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, TageMVP said:

The WHOLE TEAM over thinks with the puck. Especially on shot attempts. Just brutal 

That's when you know it isn't just an issue with them as individuals. There is a lack of a dynamic nature when we get the puck on the other side

• Agree 1

Just now, rickshaw said:

I see most games here in BC and that was an ugly win for Vancouver. We keep the little line off the board and lose. The Canucks play against a team with some confidence and it’s a different outcome. Bun? You agree?

100%

3 minutes ago, Billznut said:

With the two points, Vancouver has now moved into first place overall in the league. Impressive improvement for a team that last year was brave enough to make a needed coaching change. Sometimes coaching changes work. Not for us really, but we can always hope the next one will work out. 

Canucks were a joke of a franchise a year ago 

Bring in a legit head coach, add a couple of defencemen that can play and now the top team in the league 

I don't care about what anyone says , when you have the worst , least experienced coaching staff in the league the team is going to suffer 

there is no way the Sabres , especially with a move or two can't be a good team.  We don't have a Demko, not many teams do, but a legit coaching staff can change everything !

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 8
  • Thanks (+1) 1

A very anger inducing game between our players getting headshot, our PP getting a few chances but generally looking bad and their ***** goalie standing on his head in every case we had a solid chance.

I agree with Dan that you can’t exactly fault their effort. I can however still be angry and dissatisfied with the result.

• Agree 1

Just now, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I had enough of this garbage.  There season is done. The unintentional tank is on. Going for a top 5 pick and a lot of firings. We all know that won't happen and if will be deja vue next year and we will work on 15 years no playoffs.  I don't think I have ever disliked a Sabres team as much as this one

And I get called negative. 😜 

• Haha (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Big Guava said:

Oh? How many other goaltenders had seasons with a greater than .930 save percentage and how many times?

Let's compare him to his peers then. They should all have similar numbers then right?

I'm not taking anything away from Hasek, he's the GOAT to me (and the inspiration for my username), but holding today's goaltenders up to his standards is simply a false equivalency. He played in a different era when scoring was waaaaaaay down.

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

A very anger inducing game between our players getting headshot, our PP getting a few chances but generally looking bad and their ***** goalie standing on his head in every case we had a solid chance.

I agree with Dan that you can’t exactly fault their effort. I can however still be angry and dissatisfied with the result.

This is how I feel - I don't think you can point to a lack of effort in this game, but yeah, the result sucks bawlz.

Just now, lowsabre said:

That's when you know it isn't just an issue with them as individuals. There is a lack of a dynamic nature when we get the puck on the other side

When you see good strong teams play, they move the puck to the other side like they already know they're going to score. the sabres lack direction on the ice

2 minutes ago, WhenWillItEnd66 said:

I’m with you. Being so close to the playoffs last year should have signaled better roster moves but KA did what he did. 

• Agree 1

I would really really love to see the arena empty on Monday. Between the storm recovery and the Bills game at 4:30, there is a perfect chance for Sabres fans to embarrass Pegula and legitimately refuse to show up for Monday’s game. I’d give anything to see it. But I know there are still too many Sabres fans that are gluttons for punishment and keep going to these games. Pegula won’t change anything until he is embarrassed enough to where he feels he must make a change. Please stop going to these games. 

1 minute ago, thewookie1 said:

Demko was good but I don't think he had anything too difficult to deal with- outside of a couple of chances by Mitts 

pretty clean views of most of his shots against.   A couple of times that the Sabres had net presence , they blocked their own shot 

overall I thought they were good and deserved at least a point.    

PP is still and issue but they played with a bit of an edge.  Would be nice if they could keep that anger going into the next game 

• Agree 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.