GDT: Kraken @ Sabres - Tues. 7 pm ET, Jan 9, 2024 MSG-B, ROOT-NW, ESPN+, Sportsnet+ ๐Ÿ“บ WGR ๐Ÿ“ป

Spoonman

3 minutes ago, lowsabre said:

Oh they will, and then probably lose the one after that -- Sabres hockey, folks.

lol, perhaps the pessimism is a sign to get off the net for the night. usually I am optimistic. I do think the canucks game will be a good test for what is to come

good night guys

We are at the midway point of the season and have 38 points. It sort of speaks for itself without connotation or leaningย 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Thorny said:

We are at the midway point of the season and have 38 points. It sort of speaks for itself without connotation or leaningย 

I'm not talking about playoffs or some super big success or anything, just steadying the boat

Halfway there and theyโ€™re done like dinner. I really wish KA would make himself available to the media on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Answer a few questions. Tell us how he feels things are progressing. Pipe dream ? Whatevs. The transparency would be nice.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

Just now, bunomatic said:

Halfway there and theyโ€™re done like dinner. I really wish KA would make himself available to the media on a weekly or bi-weekly basis. Answer a few questions. Tell us how he feels things are progressing. Pipe dream ? Whatevs. The transparency would be nice.

exactly how I feel

we can surmise a lot and probably be right, but I'd like to at least hear something

• Agree 1

3 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Why? Do you really think your going to get any honest, truthful answers and not just the usual business speak about how they see progress and things about to change for the best?

• Agree 3

2 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

He isnโ€™t transparent though. ย He said the goal for the season was to make the playoffs. ย He made almost no effort to do that. ย 

If he believes his effort was good enough, then this will continue until Pegula decides to pay closer attention. ย 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

5 minutes ago, apuszczalowski said:

Why? Do you really think your going to get any honest, truthful answers and not just the usual business speak about how they see progress and things about to change for the best?

Yeah I know. Things donโ€™t work like that. But for all I know heโ€™s in Hanoi wrestling in spaghetti. Iโ€™d like to know if he feels our pain or doesnโ€™t give a flying $&@%.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I seriously doubt that those comments would assuage your bereavement.

• Agree 1

51 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Tage looks like our most clueless player just about every night, giving pucks away and just playing careless in all phases imo so why should he be promoted? He deserves 4th line.

He was not good tonight, no argument on that.ย 

Should we go back to the old "can he drive a line?" argument. Tage doesn't.ย 

I would say Mitts actually does "drive his line". Cozens does SOMETIMES, and Tuch does now and again but not consistently. The rest not so much.ย 

Benson might one day but he's hit the rookie wall, which is what everybody but the Sabres management would realize was only a matter of time. He should be in and out of the line up and be more situational BUT they have nobody to replace him who is any good so he gets to be the next free range rookie on the team.ย 

ย 

Question: Does ANYBODY coach the D at all? Because either Power doesn't listen or nobody is teaching him anything.ย 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

Terrible Buffalo Sabres loss tonight to the Seattle Kraken. Itโ€™s well past the time for the Sabres to fire Don Granato in my opinion. Go Sabres! Letโ€™s Go Buffaloย 

I have been saying this for awhile now. Heโ€™s not the guy thatโ€™s gonna get these guys to the next level!

• Agree 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I'm hoping the local media starts asking some hard questions in the post game pressers.ย  Like "why does this team suck?"ย 

Buffalo media seems as soft as the team. idk if Pegula threatens to lock them out so they softball but I have a hard time find critical media on the Sabres anywhere. It's like Dan and Rob as well. For years now it's just some version of "some good things tonight" no matter what the lack of effort or result is. I'm not sure there's another franchise in the league that goes so soft on their team.ย 

The bar isn't just low, it's lying in the mud.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 5

UPL should have been in net tonight and that might be the problem with this team. ย There has absolutely been some โ€œdealโ€ with KA and Levi to get him here. ย Because this just doesnโ€™t make any sense. ย 
ย 

And Levi might be my favorite prospect ever.
ย 

Reality is he hasnโ€™t earned the playing time yet while UPL has. ย I thought for sure coming off the 41 save win 3 days ago it would be him tonight. ย ย 
ย 

They arenโ€™t good enough to platoon these 2 like this. ย ย 

• Like (+1) 3

• SDS unpinned this topic
6 hours ago, apuszczalowski said:

True.ย 
ย 

It would be nice if he had to face some hard questions from media though. The NHL should force GMs to answer questions every couple of weeks. At least then there could be some public pressure on them as there would be more scrutiny on him.ย 

Even something as simple as โ€œDo you think youโ€™ve constructed a winning franchise? What do you think the problem is? Did you miscalculate the talent level?โ€ Or, โ€œDonโ€™t you think it would be better for Levi to be in Rochester, for his development and confidence?โ€ And let him face questions twice a month. Instead of being able to hide under his desk.ย 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

6 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

He was not good tonight, no argument on that.ย 

Should we go back to the old "can he drive a line?" argument. Tage doesn't.ย 

I would say Mitts actually does "drive his line". Cozens does SOMETIMES, and Tuch does now and again but not consistently. The rest not so much.ย 

Benson might one day but he's hit the rookie wall, which is what everybody but the Sabres management would realize was only a matter of time. He should be in and out of the line up and be more situational BUT they have nobody to replace him who is any good so he gets to be the next free range rookie on the team.ย 

ย 

Question: Does ANYBODY coach the D at all? Because either Power doesn't listen or nobody is teaching him anything.ย 

No one coaches the D. Thatโ€™s your answer.ย 
ย 

But the biggest culprit on S tonight was Jokiharu. He should be in Rochester, frankly. If we are to be a playoff contender. Two goals can be directly attributable to his boneheadedness. ย 
ย 

And Benson is not NHL ready. He has good instincts, but heโ€™s not fast enough, or physical enough, nor does he have a big shot, to be a strongly competitive player yet. Hockey sense and compete are there. But he is a ways away from being a stellar player on a top team.ย 

• Like (+1) 2

9 hours ago, lowsabre said:

They shouldn't be able to sleep

players or management

whoever is in the stadium, boo them till kingdom come

how can you feel good earning millions while this crap is made standard, is there no sense of dignity or ambition

Or shame.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, lowsabre said:

From Don, we only seem to get the same stuff, as genuine or technically true as it may be.

What fans get from Granatoโ€™s post game comments is papโ€ฆ

He speaks merely as an analyst. No personal accountability as the teamโ€™s leader.

The man should be angry his teamโ€™s lackadaisical effort has incurred another nearly certain post seasonless NHL record for this franchiseโ€ฆ It should be apparent in his words after every lopsided embarrassment like last night.

Instead, we got papโ€ฆย 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

A few weeks ago when there was still hope the Sabres could make the playoffs (there isnโ€™t, so letโ€™s stop kidding ourselves), I posted I would stop commenting on every mistake during a game and every miserable defeat after a game like last nightโ€ฆ

I failed to live up to my word, much like Adams and Granato.

Granato needs to be replaced nowโ€ฆ Let an experienced NHL winning head coach bring in his own staffโ€ฆ and use the remainder of this season to evaluate players and install a new systemโ€ฆ Pegula needs to ante upโ€ฆ

If Adams wonโ€™t replace Granato, Pegula should replace Adams as wellโ€ฆ

For all those who will bemoan another rebuild, we have most of the pieces to dominate the Division for yearsโ€ฆ The Sabres just need new team leadership with a winning pedigreeโ€ฆ

And a committed owner.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.