GDT: Sabres @ Sens - Sun. 6 pm ET, Dec 31, 2023, MSG-B, TSN 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

Just now, Indabuff said:

74 shots attempted and they get one ***** goal?

So much talent, so little results.  But we must trust GMKA and his confidence in this coaching staff, right????  I think I trust the Federal IRS more than the Sabres organization.

• Haha (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Quint said:

I think Dahlin might be on the path of becoming another Eichel in Buffalo -- He'll get mad and force his way out. No good player will stand for this kind of chronic mismanagement for too long. Losing is a disease. He's already mad.

I think you're right.  NHL players want their name on the Cup.  They know their careers are short and and unwilling to waste seasons because of an organization's rank incompetence.  There is a reason NTCs are big in the NHL.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Agree 1

12 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Dan signs off with we have more great games coming up in the new year. 

Duffer starts with, “we are still looking at the elusive 2 in a row”.   

Marty comes back with how many FO changes Ottawa has recently made, and how their coach stymied us with the trap.  

Nothing about accountability of OUR TEAM, OUR COACHING, OUR FO, OUR OWNERSHIP.  

They work for the Buffalo Sabres, you'll never hear that.

3 minutes ago, jad1 said:

I think you're right.  NHL players want their name on the Cup.  They know their careers are short and and unwilling to waste seasons because of an organization's rank incompetence.  There is a reason NTCs are big in the NHL.

This is the ultimate risk of not having a “win now” plan.  Good players are not going to be as patient as our front office.

• Agree 4

Just now, KC Scouts said:

It's just so frustrating, year after year........MOST of us did not believe we would be here on January 1st

But here we are, nothing but doom and gloom ahead

There are no trades that are going to solve this, no management or coaching changes on the horizon. This is the team we have, a bunch of soft, skill players that rag-dolled 8 out of 10 games. High pressure, high physical game plan is known league wide to crush the Sabres. And that's just the plain truth.

My question is this, and I'm not joking or being snide when I ask this.....

How much longer before these current players start to lose their love of the game? Because remember, these kids have now known nothing at the NHL level but an environment of losing, of winning nothing. I have no answers, but I see this coming, and we're most likely closer to it than many want to admit. I can't see Dahlin here past next seadon if this continues, that's where I believe the exodus will start 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 3

3 minutes ago, Cityo'Rasmii said:

Hope you've been watching, KA

you've been pretty quiet, how's this lookin' to ya

If HCDG is still unable to resume his duties behind the bench next game, then GMKA needs to man-up and assume the HC duties behind the bench HIMSELF!!!

He needs to take responsibility on-ice for this cluster-f**k he created and hear the fans at ice level tell him what he needs to hear, that he has failed.  Be a man Adams (instead of a coward hiding in the suites)

1 minute ago, Scottysabres said:

There are no trades that are going to solve this, no management or coaching changes on the horizon. This is the team we have, a bunch of soft, skill players that rag-dolled 8 out of 10 games. High pressure, high physical game plan is known league wide to crush the Sabres. And that's just the plain truth.

My question is this, and I'm not joking or being snide when I ask this.....

How much longer before these current players start to lose their love of the game? Because remember, these kids have now known nothing at the NHL level but an environment of losing, of winning nothing. I have no answers, but I see this coming, and we're most likely closer to it than many want to admit. I can't see Dahlin here past next seadon if this continues, that's where I believe the exodus will start 

I think you're3 100% wrong about no trades that will solve this... We need at least 3 defensive forwards who are noted for playing defense, we need a top 4 defensemen who actually plays like it and a gaolie who can actually still play and help Levi with his game but that is alot of needs and not sure you can land all that at a trade deadline without getting fleeced.

Just now, GoPuckYourself said:

I think you're3 100% wrong about no trades that will solve this... We need at least 3 defensive forwards who are noted for playing defense, we need a top 4 defensemen who actually plays like it and a gaolie who can actually still play and help Levi with his game but that is alot of needs and not sure you can land all that at a trade deadline without getting fleeced.

Maybe, but you're not going to find those guys in the dumpster bin, which is the only place where GMKA shops.

• Agree 4

1 minute ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Not many players want to come here. And they have some say in the trades. GM's, Coaches, they talk to the players, they know.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, GoPuckYourself said:

Basically an entirely new roster!  😊😊

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Carmel Corn said:

Sorry, but you're infected with the same hideous disease that the rest of us have.....as hard as we try not to, we keep watching this crap over and over again.  I'm afraid it's terminal.

First time I've turned a game off since I can remember.    Near 50 years of with this team and the first time I've honesty felt there is no point.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

First time I've turned a game off since I can remember.    Near 50 years of with this team and the first time I've honesty felt there is no point.  

There is too much talent to be this bad. They tease us with beating top teams and then put up stinkers the very next outing.

It just hurts so I have to turn it off. At least I didn’t make my way to Ottawa for this one.

2 minutes ago, French Collection said:

Happy New Year to everyone, I am starting to not want to watch these guys, which hurts a lot.

My Sabres wish for 2024 is just better play so they are at least entertaining, that is all.

My New Year’s resolution is to not pay attention anymore.  Just can’t devote anymore time to this pathetic franchise

• Awesome! (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.