GDT: Leafs @ Sabres - Thu. 7 pm ET, Dec 21, 2023, MSG-B 📺 WGR 📻

Spoonman

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I am not fooled in the least by tonight’s performance. Their flaws are on full display tonight. But it’s nice to run in to a team with worse goaltending than ours.

The difference is they are playing better in the offensive zone.  Some games they just don’t show up.  They just aren’t pushed and they don’t have enough self motivated players to overcome that.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, K-9 said:

I am not fooled in the least by tonight’s performance. Their flaws are on full display tonight. But it’s nice to run in to a team with worse goaltending than ours.

One difference tonight that would go a long way to making their performance more consistent is that they are engaged physically and mentally.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, sabresparaavida said:

To be fair, this is the first time that the roster is fully healthy (minus Girgs). Gives us line combos that have been more consistent in the past. Hopefully that continues. 

There is an argument to be made that this is a better roster minus Zemgus 

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Agreed. I'd also like to see a few games of a speed 4th line of Z, Krebs, and JAG Robinson once the Locomotive is back.

I agree with this.  Not sure who comes out for KO though 

Just now, Goldseatsaud said:

Elliott F thinks the leafs can score 4 in the third. Lol

You are that confident they can't ?   I know I'm not 

3 minutes ago, Marvin said:

One difference tonight that would go a long way to making their performance more consistent is that they are engaged physically and mentally.

I’d like to believe that, but how many times have we been there this season? We’ve seen them be engaged physically and mentally in several games and against the best teams in the league to boot only to see them screw the pooch in following games(s). I appreciate the offensive explosion as much as anyone, but we are woefully deficient on the back end and Levi is showing his own struggles with consistency as well. 

I refuse to believe they will turn a corner until they actually turn a corner. 

• Agree 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.