There's a reason why Kane did not sign with the Sabres

RETURNTOGLORY

1 hour ago, RETURNTOGLORY said:

He has inside knowledge of the dysfunctional aspect of this team and lack of leadership both ON the ice and off.

He could have been a difference maker here. 

Yes, Kane has the same "inside knowledge" that everyone else has.   Literally every veteran player in the league knows about Buffalo.  They meet former Sabres players and what do you think they hear?   What do you think ROR told the boys in St Louis?  What do you think Reinhart and Montour tell the the guys on Florida?  Nothing good for sure.  

The problems with the franchise start at the very top and that stink permeates all the way down.   This is not a secret requiring inside knowledge.  

stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

• Awesome! (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Yes, Kane has the same "inside knowledge" that everyone else has.   Literally every veteran player in the league knows about Buffalo.  They meet former Sabres players and what do you think they hear?   What do you think ROR told the boys in St Louis?  What do you think Reinhart and Montour tell the the guys on Florida?  Nothing good for sure.  

The problems with the franchise start at the very top and that stink permeates all the way down.   This is not a secret requiring inside knowledge.  

stinky simon rex GIF by Simon Rex / Dirt Nasty

Actually,  he has a cousin in the organization, so I'd say his "inside knowledge " may be better than most 😉

2 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

This isn't his home. 

He was born in Buffalo AND "During the offseason, he lives in Hamburg, New York in a house on the shores of Lake Erie"

Just now, LGR4GM said:

He has 1g 3a and is a -7.

We need a player, just not him. 

Agreed. My point is that the reputation of this team is known league wide.

• Eyeroll 1
  • dislike 1

4 minutes ago, RETURNTOGLORY said:

He was born in Buffalo AND "During the offseason, he lives in Hamburg, New York in a house on the shores of Lake Erie"

Pretty sure he sold that house to Jack Eichel years ago. Wasn't that the deal?

Kane hasn't owned a house in Buffalo in almost 5 years and tried to sell said home as late as 7 years ago. This isn't his home. 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/money/patrick-kane-nets-25-million-in-house-sale/71-ad4e994d-6f56-43da-b302-c47033738fb3

Edited by LGR4GM

7 minutes ago, RETURNTOGLORY said:

In 2017 I spent the month of July living in a house on the Shores of Lake Erie, just down the block from Kane's place.    His house was for sale back then.  I assume its sold by now?  

He has probably spent more of his coming of age years in the Detroit area than in Buffalo.  

Edited by Pimlach

It was crushing for the Buffalo Sabres franchise because he had a name to help sell tickets. Yes Patrick Kane’s best days are behind him but he has marquee which the Buffalo Sabres need to sell tickets. When the Buffalo Sabres ask for public money New York State residents are going to say you can’t fill the arena why should Buffalo and New York State make that public investment? The Buffalo Sabres attendance is a huge problem now in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

Edited by Sabres Super Fan
  • Agree 1

6 minutes ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

It was crushing for the Buffalo Sabres franchise because he had a name to help sell tickets. Yes Patrick Kane’s best days are behind him but he has marquee which the Buffalo Sabres need to sell tickets. When the Buffalo Sabres ask for public money New York State residents are going to say you can’t fill the arena why should Buffalo and New York State make that public investment? The Buffalo Sabres attendance is a huge problem now in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

And how many games do you think this would have lasted?

2 hours ago, RETURNTOGLORY said:

The decrepit reputation of this franchise has been known for more than a dozen years. You don't have to be a NHL insider to know what every casual hockey fan has known for a long time. 

1 hour ago, Sabres Super Fan said:

I've never met anyone who would buy tickets simply because Kane was signed. Everyone I know wants to the team to stop sucking. 

55 minutes ago, SDS said:

And how many games do you think this would have lasted?

A week at best

3 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Pretty sure he sold that house to Jack Eichel years ago. Wasn't that the deal?

Kane hasn't owned a house in Buffalo in almost 5 years and tried to sell said home as late as 7 years ago. This isn't his home. 

https://www.wgrz.com/article/money/patrick-kane-nets-25-million-in-house-sale/71-ad4e994d-6f56-43da-b302-c47033738fb3

Pretty sure he bought a house near Chicago in April. 

The problem with the Sabres is that they bring in veterans and NHL stars like Steve Ott, Brian Gionta, Eric Staal, Taylor Hall, Kyle Okposo when it’s 3 years too late. Just stop taking risks on prospects and make a trade for a proven player in their prime for once! 

Edited by OverPowerYou
  • Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.