GDT: Sabres @ Bruins - Thurs. 7pm, Dec 7, 2023, MSG/ESPN+ 📺 WGR 📻

LGR4GM

I have some thoughts but first some thoughts on the state of the union.

That was good and entertaining hockey tonight. It would have been fun if they lost 3-1.

Part of people plugging into this team is them playing games like tonight. There would be a lot less torches and pitch forks if this team was fun to watch on a regular basis. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

Need a slogan when a team is stoned by Levi   
Being Levied ain't it 

I can't think of anything, unfortunately it kind of works for when he's not good (i.e. when the Levi breaks have no place to run.....)

I predicted the Bruins might come out flat and they did. Combine that with one of the Sabres better games at a team level and there's your result. 

We actually played a little team defense tonight so that was quite the switch. It's funny but that seems to happen sometimes with teams when their big offensive star goes out, young goalie comes back up, coach then stresses the absolute need for team D and this time they delivered. Have to hope that will continue and keep continuing when Dahlin returns.

You can tell the new guy was developed in a different system. He goes to the net. Unfortunately doesn't seem to have a lot of skill or finish, but he might be a reasonable 4th liner. Seems to try to do things the right way in any event. 

Now to make this effort and work ethic an every night thing and not rest on a one game performance. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 1

Just now, nfreeman said:

Well, they sure didn't get Boston's A game, but they didn't show up looking like they'd given up on the season either.  And they got a great performance from Levi, which will be good for his confidence and theirs.

Not dead yet.

This is the perfect spot for Levi’s development. Or anybody else in Rochester for that matter.

Having a team, line, position, etc. that they can plug and play successfully in spot duty. It’s time to start setting the rest of these kids up for success instead of grin and bear it. 

11 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

This looked like that road win against the Rangers a few weeks ago.

They proceeded to lose the next 4 😭

Let's hope they learned something.

And hopefully it is, don't play Comrie again until he's actually recovered from his injury.  He looked good last year until he got injured and then took another 1-1/2 months to look like a goalie after he was back.  This year he looked good until he got injured and so far has taken at least another 2+ weeks to look like a goalie again after he came back.

(Or if you play him, give him every 6th game, until you SHOULD trust him.  When he's fully back, see where the other 2 are, and make a decision based off that.)

6 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, they sure didn't get Boston's A game, but they didn't show up looking like they'd given up on the season either.  And they got a great performance from Levi, which will be good for his confidence and theirs.

Not dead yet.

Boston looked.....

........................soft?

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Spoonman said:

TONIGHT!

A Battle Royale!

A Battle of the Titans...

A Battle for the Ages...

Godzilla v. Kong...

Good vs. Evil!

Hated and feared Bruins

image.png.7a8e2525f75effb66473ad1ff83ebe15.png, 

VS

Apex Predator Sabres

image.png.a2c70dbdca1fa4873af7f2ffdfe03aab.png

Long record scratch.......

Well except one of them is EXTINCT.

So we got this:

image.png.91fde87cc056f847f606b7a00028be4e.png

Bruins (6-3-1 last 10, on 3 game winning steak) 

Sabres (3-6-1, 4 game losing streak

https://www.nhl.com/gamecenter/bos-vs-buf/2023/12/07/2023020392

------------

In other news:

Thank goodness for GMKA''s bold move to acquire Eric Robinson (a steal for a conditional 7th - way to get one up on Blue Jackets!) and send down Brandon Biro. GMKA heard saying he wants to play in Buffalo, and is a real culture guy.

Season saved.

image.png.2bbbce204309411e5e96bdcf1a612d62.png, 

Go SABRES! Beat the B's!

Sabres 1-0 with Mr Robinson. Fact.

Mrs. Robinson hot. Fact.

image.png.4f41958ccbc3686bf5a14af13cc24452.png

Coincidence? I think not.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Doohickie said:

He was spewing some juicy rebounds... but the Sabres didn't capitalize.  They scored on straight up shots though, so it's okay.

This is how I remember him. Letting in shots that he could see from mid range.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Carmel Corn said:

I miss the ol' Empire Sports Network days with Howard......

howardmic.jpg

I don’t really complain about sports personalities. They are whatever. However, Howard it’s not a smart man worth listening to. And that’s putting it kindly. Him and Ray would be worthy opponents in hangman.

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.