GDT Predators @ Sabres Sunday Dec 3rd 7pm MSG,ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

Just now, Scottysabres said:

I want more than just a patrolman on each line for the youth. I want retribution for teams who pushed around our kids. Go out and get the top 3 knuckle daggers, make those in the league who feel liberties had no consequences pay. Start with Hathaway in New Jersey, cave his face like he did to Cozens.

The debt, it is owed, the price, needs to be paid.

image.png.0e07fef1fbb8e7a060efa7ee3bea0f76.png

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, Slack_in_MA said:

100%. And I feel like Adams, with all of his young assets in the pipeline, is like the person who saves like crazy for retirement, has millions, and can't come to actually spend it. 

And like some who do this....they get sick and die within their first year of retirement.  In GMKA's case, he will "die" (get fired) before ever seeing his vision become reality.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SabresBillsFan said:

Look at Vancouver with Rick Tochett he has brought a different element to them along with Adam Foote. This team needs a new coach. And please no to Appert!

Here’s a totally crazy thought, Brind’Amour hasn’t signed an extension yet…

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Crusader1969 said:

I'd like KA to throw him a bone and make a trade and help the roster before that move is made 

I don't know. I've been a huge Granato supporter. But we're seeing the same lackadaisical approach out of the gate every game. The same mistakes up and down the lineup every game. I don't know that a roster shakeup does anything. Maybe it does, but we're almost 30% through what was supposed to be a playoff year and we look nothing like a team that is ready for that. The regression is horrifying. Sometimes a new message is all a team needs. Look at Edmonton. They were the laughingstock of the league, they changed coaches, got oriented under him and now they're playing exactly the kind of hockey that was expected of them.

Let me be clear - I don't think this is all on Granato, but he's the guy ultimately responsible for the output of the roster he's handed. Is this roster that great? No, but basically the same guys were playing outstanding hockey in March/April and they've fallen off a cliff. I can't point to one guy, other than maybe Peterka, that's taken a leap forward from last season. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Agree 1

22 minutes ago, Believer said:

Geez… Too little too late… Good effort… Same problem… Slow start… Early hole… 

Three straight games:  (1) Goals off d-zone faceoffs; (2) goals immediately following another.  This is incredible and weak. It’s happening every game. 

They wasted a fine effort by UPL. 

• Agree 2

3 minutes ago, HumanSlinky39 said:

I don't know. I've been a huge Granato supporter. But we're seeing the same lackadaisical approach out of the gate every game. The same mistakes up and down the lineup every game. I don't know that a roster shakeup does anything. Maybe it does, but we're almost 30% through what was supposed to be a playoff year and we look nothing like a team that is ready for that. The regression is horrifying. Sometimes a new message is all a team needs. Look at Edmonton. They were the laughingstock of the league, they changed coaches, got oriented under him and now they're playing exactly the kind of hockey that was expected of them.

Let me be clear - I don't think this is all on Granato, but he's the guy ultimately responsible for the output of the roster he's handed. Is this roster that great? No, but basically the same guys were playing outstanding hockey in March/April and they've fallen off a cliff. I can't point to one guy, other than maybe Peterka, that's taken a leap forward from last season. 

Peterka and UPL have improved.  

• Like (+1) 1
  • Agree 2

1 minute ago, Pimlach said:

Peterka and UPL have improved.  

Yes, UPL for sure, but I was thinking of skaters. If it was easy as "ugh, our lousy goaltending is killing us", that would theoretically be an easy fix. UPL is good enough to win most nights so far...the problems are much deeper than that. It looks systemic to me.

• Agree 3

5 minutes ago, JustOneParade said:

Not sure he would be interested but if he was he he would want half the roster gone as a condition of taking the job.

These are the only guys I need to protect.  

Thompson, Tuch, Mitts, Greenway, Benson, JJP, Dahlin, R.Johnson, Power/Muel, Levi. 

That’s it. That’s the list. Everybody else I’d be open to taking calls on. 

2 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

It's not crazy.   I'm really hoping that this is KA long term plan to be honest 

maybe that's why he isn't throwing a life preserver to Granato.  Just letting him down slowly  

I think RB is maybe the only saving Grace. But this team isn’t built for that style of hockey. I think that move buys Adams a season or two. But I’d be OK with a coach to help us get over the hump, and replace the GM later. 

Somebody just reminded me that on day 1 Adams had to fire like 20 people. Then a season later he brokered the Eichel trade.

That’s the job he was hired for. I’m actually not sure he was ever supposed to make it this far. I think the intent was for him to be the fall guy. 

I still think that Adams replacement is in the building and Pegula eventually hires Jerry Forton for the role. He is a long time family friend. (Since well before he bought the team. Like decades before)

11 minutes ago, Mango said:

I think RB is maybe the only saving Grace. But this team isn’t built for that style of hockey. I think that move buys Adams a season or two. But I’d be OK with a coach to help us get over the hump, and replace the GM later. 

Somebody just reminded me that on day 1 Adams had to fire like 20 people. Then a season later he brokered the Eichel trade.

That’s the job he was hired for. I’m actually not sure he was ever supposed to make it this far. I think the intent was for him to be the fall guy. 

I still think that Adams replacement is in the building and Pegula eventually hires Jerry Forton for the role. He is a long time family friend. (Since well before he bought the team. Like decades before)

No it wasn't. He was here because Pegula can trust him and he works well with TP. 

If Pegula hired Forton to be GM, I might honestly be done. That's just awful. 

24 minutes ago, Crusader1969 said:

It's not crazy.   I'm really hoping that this is KA long term plan to be honest 

maybe that's why he isn't throwing a life preserver to Granato.  Just letting him down slowly  

But it's just as much KA's fault for where we are, for not adequately filling the wholes with qualified players 

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

No it wasn't. He was here because Pegula can trust him and he works well with TP. 

If Pegula hired Forton to be GM, I might honestly be done. That's just awful. 

Yes man. Fall guy…it’s really splitting hairs.

Im not advocating hiring Forton. I’d like to move out of Terry’s network of buddies. But in terms of value to the FO of a hockey org Forton has provided more value to date than GMKA did when he was hired. Forton deserves a good portion of the credit for our recent drafts.

2 minutes ago, Mango said:

Yes man. Fall guy…it’s really splitting hairs.

Im not advocating hiring Forton. I’d like to move out of Terry’s network of buddies. But in terms of value to the FO of a hockey org Forton has provided more value to date than GMKA did when he was hired. Forton deserves a good portion of the credit for our recent drafts.

No,  a fall guy is someone you use and then blame. That's not what Adams is. 

I don't believe it. Our analytics department deserves more credit. 

Edited by LGR4GM

57 minutes ago, SwampD said:

At least it looked like they tried tonight.

This team needs to learn how to play a game that draws power plays. They are ten-ply soft. Not a single man advantage tonight and they didn’t deserve one. That is pathetic.

Without Tuch, Tage, and Greenway, we’re screwed.

Adidas L GIF by Sneakersnstuff

• Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.