IT'S GAME DAY: Buffalo Sabres (9-9-2) @ New Jersey Devils (8-9-1) Sat 7pm MSG, ESPN+

Shoot da Puck

3 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

He could have easily improved on Kebs, Jost, VO, Joker, and the  Clifton acquisition …

Adams blew the offseason   Krebs, Levi, Johnson, Kulich, Rosen should all be in Rochester.  They are kids  

Girgs is best of the bottom tier. 

Not quite right 

Joker has been good this year 

Clifton has been a swing and a miss but wasn’t a bad try to bolster the D. He kicked tires and if they were flat or ridiculous you can’t make that move.

Krebs had seemingly begun to round into a solid 4th liner with Okposo and Girgs but seems to have a mental block where he overplays with skilled players but is let down by his lesser line mates on the 4th line.

Jost is a JAG but familiarity helps him over other JAG level players.

Olofsson is a very great, 1 trick pony who fits the Hoffman type to a T. When Quinn got hurt he held onto Olofsson likely because his value sucked and felt the cost to bring in a new guy was higher than the value he could get from Olofsson. Probably wrong but from a purely asset look it makes a little sense.

• Agree 2

Just now, Scottysabres said:

Fair enough.

I am, and I'm not alone, as I'm sure your not. 

Yeah no doubt and let's not forget we all just want our team to win.  When we've been bad this year, it's been unwatchable.  Yet we're in the thick of it and not at the bottom.   

I'm hopeful that when healthier and Quinn back, good things can still happen. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, 7+6=13 said:

Yeah no doubt and let's not forget we all just want our team to win.  When we've been bad this year, it's been unwatchable.  Yet we're in the thick of it and not at the bottom.   

Agree. And it’s always good to keep the bolded in mind 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Spoonman said:

No - they need winning veterans who have been there done that. EJ 6 is only a start (Oakie & Z vets, but w Sabres….)

Oakie has got to go. He’s a millennial Dad. We need a 1950’s Dad. He’s more acting like a big brother. We need someone to give these kids a kick in the rear. And, while I thank him for his service, Z can go as well. And I don’t want them replaced with Kulich/Rosen/Oslund types. I want mean SOBs. And while we’re at it, maybe package one of them them with Matthias for a mean SOB defensemen. We have a bunch of pussies on D. 

• Agree 4

4 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

I don't doubt the good things 13, I just believe I've shown great patience after 53 years, I'd like a cup. A Lombardi trophy from the Bills. 53 years I figure attributes to some leeway on this.

6 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

Not quite right 

Joker has been good this year 

Clifton has been a swing and a miss but wasn’t a bad try to bolster the D. He kicked tires and if they were flat or ridiculous you can’t make that move.

Krebs had seemingly begun to round into a solid 4th liner with Okposo and Girgs but seems to have a mental block where he overplays with skilled players but is let down by his lesser line mates on the 4th line.

Jost is a JAG but familiarity helps him over other JAG level players.

Olofsson is a very great, 1 trick pony who fits the Hoffman type to a T. When Quinn got hurt he held onto Olofsson likely because his value sucked and felt the cost to bring in a new guy was higher than the value he could get from Olofsson. Probably wrong but from a purely asset look it makes a little sense.

You’re very optimistic.  

Joker is not the  right complementary player for a team with Dahlin and Power.  
Krebs is an AHL player right now   

Jost is a spare forward JAG 
VO brings nothing we don’t already have. 
Clifton was a good try, I like him over Joker.  

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, 7+6=13 said:

This highlighted just isn't true.  It would be great and I wish it were true. 

If it was true, the players you mentioned that should be in Roc would be great.  

I think it’s true.  The GM just won’t make moves.   

He also screwed the goalie position.  Again. 

• Like (+1) 1

Another Buffalo Sabres loss to the Lindy Ruff’s New Jersey Devils. The Sabres should never have fired Lindy Ruff that was the beginning of the Sabres downward spiral. I don’t believe in Don Granato I never did because he was a career minor league coach and an assistant to Ralph Krueger. The Sabres are struggling right now with no Tage Thompson. Keep that in mind our best Center and offensive player is injured. I am not saying things would be different but I think it’s not helping not having him in line up. Onto the New York Rangers game on Monday in my opinion. Go Sabres! Let’s Go Buffalo 

What also hurts is that the Devils were below the Sabres in the standings. I know they were a playoff team last year but they’ve had a rough start.

The Devils played hard from puck drop and were winning almost all of the battles.

The Sabres were polishing up their participation trophies that KO handed them last night.

Edited by French Collection
  • Agree 2

9 minutes ago, kas23 said:

Oakie has got to go. He’s a millennial Dad. We need a 1950’s Dad. He’s more acting like a big brother. We need someone to give these kids a kick in the rear. And, while I thank him for his service, Z can go as well. And I don’t want them replaced with Kulich/Rosen/Oslund types. I want mean SOBs. And while we’re at it, maybe package one of them them with Matthias for a mean SOB defensemen. We have a bunch of pussies on D. 

Read my earlier post tonight.

9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I don't doubt the good things 13, I just believe I've shown great patience after 53 years, I'd like a cup. A Lombardi trophy from the Bills. 53 years I figure attributes to some leeway on this.

I’ll settle for a playoff berth 

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

And as I feared we exposed those kids to the most awful first game experience you could possibly have. In normal organizations, it’s a year or two until they get that game and not all at once. 

Rob Ray said that if the Sabres had won then the kids would think it was easy.

• Shocked 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.